Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• I will be rooting for Liverpool, my mum was a Liverpudlian, interestingly my father was a Mancunian, fair to say that it was always claimed that there was no blue blood in my family :-)
  • I'm not all that bothered. I'm from the NW originally and have no connection with Spain so I'm marginally supporting Liverpool but my support will be more based on which team seems to approach it in the right way. If RM are flopping about holding their heads from minute one, I'll be supporting the other guys.
  • Slacker said:

Tbh I’m looking forward to it.
    Got a lovely bit of fillet steak, proper chips and mushrooms on the go, oh and a nice drop of Pinot Noir to wash it down.
    A good mate is a proper Liverpool fan so just for him I’d like to see them win.

This is a serious football site and as such I must ask..... I presume the wine is breathing and the steak cooked medium/ rare?
  • I don't know any RM fans, so if they win no one's going to lord it over me. So on that basis I'll be supporting them.
  • yoyo said:

Slacker said:

Tbh I’m looking forward to it.
    Got a lovely bit of fillet steak, proper chips and mushrooms on the go, oh and a nice drop of Pinot Noir to wash it down.
    A good mate is a proper Liverpool fan so just for him I’d like to see them win.

This is a serious football site and as such I must ask..... I presume the wine is breathing and the steak cooked medium/ rare?
    Well it was.😂

• If Liverpool fans weren't such muppets I might (only might) support them this evening, but as it is I'm definitely supporting RM.
  • My youngest son's father-in-law was born in Madrid and is a life long fan so I'll be rooting for them.
  • Liverpool for me. Gotta keep that UEFA coefficient rising.
  • As much as I loathe most other English teams in our league, I'll reluctantly want an English team to win in Europe. If nothing else than to peeve off euafa who I always think are anti England.
  • Good half for Liverpool overall, by far the better team but got very scrappy and frankly a bit lucky at the end there, i thought that RM goal should have stood
  • Watched 3 finals with Liverpool in and they not scored 1 goal when will Koop stop being so negative and playing for penalties all the time lol
  • Careful PLF. I'll have you know he's manager of the season. 🤦‍♂️
  • IronHerb said:

Careful PLF. I'll have you know he's manager of the season. 🤦‍♂️

Manager of the season for losing the big two prizes and failing to score in the two finals he won. Absolute madness.
  • Ah but he's Klippirty Klopp don't you know.
  • alderz said:

IronHerb said:

Careful PLF. I'll have you know he's manager of the season. 🤦‍♂️

Manager of the season for losing the big two prizes and failing to score in the two finals he won. Absolute madness.
    Just goes to show that the LMA count the cup double over the league winners or even managers using their wits over their chequebooks.
  • The great jockey Lester Piggott has died. One of those names, along with the likes of Stirling Moss, that was recognised outside of the sport in which he participated.

RIP 🌹
  • A mate at work is from Huddersfield, tickets to the challenge cup final at spurs then Wembley, he was so looking forward to the weekend, guess not so much now
  • That's what I call bad luck
  • That's what I call inevitable.
  • Has anyone seen the Huddersfield penalty claim. Did Jon Moss get it wrong?
  • Both times imo, but not surprised.
  • No. The Toffolo fella dived, he could have stayed on his feet and got a shoot in but chose to dive.
  • That cleared that up then. 😂
  • edited May 2022
    There were 2 very good shouts for penalties IMO, one he gave a dive and yellow to the Huddersfield player and the other he seemed not to be able to get a good view..What is VAR for......yet again.....
    Had Lee Hendrie on co comm .....he and commentator were both shocked at least one of the 2 were not given..
    If either were given they probably would not have been overruled, but at least Jon Moss is consistent, and that's being a poor ref, as his last ever game reffing, not sure he can be proud of himself..
  • edited May 2022

No. The Toffolo fella dived, he could have stayed on his feet and got a shoot in but chose to dive.

He certainly made the most of it, but I'm convinced anywhere else on the pitch it's a foul....IMO.
  • After the first one Jack Colbeck, who was involved, crossed himself. Bit of a giveaway.
  • Is Jon Moss going to be asked to pay compensation to Huddersfield Town for their loss in revenue for not being promoted. It is going to be a extremely long instalment plan. :p
  • St Etienne have tonight lost the relegation play off on penalties v Auxerre at home. Let’s just say their fans didn’t take the outcome too well. 😬
  • Huddersfield completely robbed, the second one is a definite penalty and I cant even see room for debate, the first could easily have been given.

I do think Moss is a poor referee but its the VAR that is most at fault for these.
This discussion has been closed.