Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Silly bet for tonight

Palace, Burnley and Leicester to win
  • What is going on in English football at the moment? I can't remember a time when there were so many occasions of team-fan violence. Fan hits player, player stamps on fan, manager kicks fan, manager volleys ball at ball boy.
    This is worrying and if it is not controlled could lead to a bad rep (again) and sanctions.
  • What is going on in English football at the moment? I can't remember a time when there were so many occasions of team-fan violence. Fan hits player, player stamps on fan, manager kicks fan, manager volleys ball at ball boy.
    This is worrying and if it is not controlled could lead to a bad rep (again) and sanctions.

I don't think it's just England - look at everything that happens whenever Marseille or Lyon are in the news, or look at when Sporting fans battered their own players at the training ground.

Unfortunately, I think that society has regressed somewhat in the past few years. We have increasingly violent, fringe rhetoric becoming more and more mainstream. We have governments that stoke division and hatred to distract from their own failings. We have a population that has been widely traumatised by the Covid lockdowns - whether they recognise it or not - and immediately been thrust into the threat of an impending nuclear war and a situation where many can't afford to live.

People are on edge and angry, and don't seem to have much impulse control at the moment in the wake of lurching from one crisis to another.
  • Vieira will probably get in trouble for kicking a fan, but in the face of such provocation can anyone really blame him?

They guy on the receiving end apparently uploaded the video of it to Twitter himself, so finding him and banning him shouldn't be too difficult.
  • Just deduct Everton 5 points.
  • If you can handle it I can highly recommend “ Floodlights “ on the BBC.The story of Barry Bennell and his grooming of Andy Woodward and countless others
    It’s a tough watch and very, very moving.
  • edited May 2022
    Tough viewing
  • I always feel really nervous seeing pitch invasions, but it seems to be the 'in vogue' way to celebrate. I, for one, don't want to go back to the days of stadium restrictions - from banning alcohol in stadiums to away supporter bans, over policing, fences, etc.
    There must be a way to educate people not to run on the pitch to celebrate, before someone gets hurt or our game gets a bad reputation again?
  • Yeah that’s a bolt from the blue. I think it’s good for the coaching team to have a former player from London. I wonder if there are any recently retired club legends who might need a job…
  • I hope Nobes doesn’t step straight into this role. He’s a bit too close at this time.
    It sounds as though there may have been a fall out imo. If Pearce had a job set up then that could have been announced. Very odd.
  • He might have done it for personal reasons and it's none of our business.
  • Yep, possibly. 👍
  • He’s quoted as saying he wanted to explore other opportunities, and it’s rumoured that those opportunities are at QPR
  • That is still odd though. If he is offered the QPR job then resign. Weird.
  • Rumour was Sol Campbell was wanted by QPR but news got out of his pending appointment & their supporters complained.
  • Wouldn't you? 🤣
  • Another rumour is that he might go to Notts Forest
  • I imagine it’s personal. From what I see (albeit not knowing the details) he seems to be the lowest member of the coaching hierarchy. Seems to be a voice between Moyes & the players but supports training & then on game days watches from the stands to offer another viewpoint. I’m sure he feels he could offer more as an assistant. Nolan, Nevin & McKinlay seem to be Moyes’ main men.
  • Then it's nice that he got some training and experience and is ready to take the next step in his career.
  • Probably harsh, he was a great player but I don't think he's up to much on the coaching/managerial side and I have always thought it. Wish him well though
  • Bazshuayi said:

Probably harsh, he was a great player but I don't think he's up to much on the coaching/managerial side and I have always thought it. Wish him well though

Putting David James up front was a master stroke. The blueprint for your mate Klopp sending Allison up last season.
  • Allison was good enough to carry out instruction and Klopp is not my mate, he's my wannabe Father =)
  • He's your Darth Vader? 🤔
  • Jurgen a regret that
  • Bazshuayi said:

Jurgen a regret that

Where's that "Groan" reaction?

• Here's one I made earlier

• The morning after the most damning pictures yet of Johnson are published this is the Mail’s front page.
    Putin would be impressed.
  • edited May 2022
    Garth Crooks team of the season...

He has Salah on the left, Son on the right and also Rudiger and Dias (how did he get in over Laporte?) on the wrong sides of the pitch! Mane is centre forward and yes, hes played there a few times but come on.

Also has Eriksen in midfield (no Rice but a player who only came in for the last 5 minutes of the season!

This guy, considering hes a former pro, is a right mug! (stating the obvious but it irritated me)

• edited May 2022
    Id rather go 4-3-3 as Cancelo and TAA play in back 4s

Then I can bin off Dias and rightfully put Bowen in!

Allison
    TAA VVD Laporte Cancelo
    Bowen KDB Mane
    Salah Ronaldo Son

Dont particularly like Mane there but its the only real shoehorn and he scored enough goals to deserve it

Ronaldo in because he scored more goals than any other centre forward. It would've been Kane if he hadn't sulked for half the season
This discussion has been closed.