Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Slacker said:

So Boris Johnson:
    Lied to the queen
    Shut down parliament
    Fined for breaking the law during Covid lockdown
    About to tear up an a contract that HE designed because he knew it could never work.
    And people STILL stand by him.
    We are a laughing stock.😡

I don’t really care that he lied to the queen, but I do care that he consistently lies to EVERYONE. I disagree with nearly everything he does, but if he implemented his policies at least you could say that he was giving his supporters what they voted for, but he’s not even doing that!
  • edited May 2022
    He was an outed liar ( to Parliament) before he got elected as pm.

What's one more lie to those who voted for him.
  • True dat.
  • How can any world leader negotiate in good faith with this government? They know that the liar in chief will say yes to everything, and just dismiss a it few weeks later. That’s what I mean by making this country a laughing stock.
  • edited May 2022
    Whenever I complain about Boris to the future Mrs shrugged she points out that she had four years of Trump as President

And they had an angry mob storm Congress

And they have guns over there

At which point I conceed and admit it could be worse
  • And as he said, he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue...

I'd like to think if Boris shot someone on Oxford Street he'd DEFINITELY be subject to a vote of no confidence, cos we have standards in the UK.

He might not lose the vote, obvs... But he'd have to face it, for sure!!! ;-)
  • Tory backbenchers would say it was a “ perfectly justifiable killing and the Prime Minister followed the letter of the law, we should move on and get back to the important matters at hand, like cutting Universal Credit and opening more food banks.”
  • It is one of the most humorous and yet saddening things which is all too common now, to see ministers being interviewed and dying inside knowing they are lying for Johnson whilst everyone watching knows they are lying. I can't work out how they can do that, Johnson I get as he is a thoroughly bad man who considers only whats best for him and his aims in any given situation, he lies as easily as breathing. There is no ministerial post, no job at all that could make me lie for a man I knew was lying. We expect spin from politicians but Johnson just lies and lies.
  • edited May 2022

It is one of the most humorous and yet saddening things which is all too common now, to see ministers being interviewed and dying inside knowing they are lying for Johnson whilst everyone watching knows they are lying. I can't work out how they can do that, Johnson I get as he is a thoroughly bad man who considers only whats best for him and his aims in any given situation, he lies as easily as breathing. There is no ministerial post, no job at all that could make me lie for a man I knew was lying. We expect spin from politicians but Johnson just lies and lies.

And without any doubt Sir "Beer" Starmer would be totally open and not lie at all.

They are polititcians, they lie, get used to it.
  • It is one of the most humorous and yet saddening things which is all too common now, to see ministers being interviewed and dying inside knowing they are lying for Johnson whilst everyone watching knows they are lying. I can't work out how they can do that, Johnson I get as he is a thoroughly bad man who considers only whats best for him and his aims in any given situation, he lies as easily as breathing. There is no ministerial post, no job at all that could make me lie for a man I knew was lying. We expect spin from politicians but Johnson just lies and lies.

And without any doubt Sir "Beer" Starmer would be totally open and not lie at all.

To an extent, I agree. All politicians have and will lie, to someone about something.

However, Johnson and his government seem to do it consistently, to everyone. But it's more than the lying; it's the corruption, the law-breaking and the sheer incompetence of Johnson and his cabinet that are in post not through merit or commitment to public service, but because of their blind sycophancy for personal gain.

There is zero integrity shown by this party. Not a single Tory voted for the windfall tax on the profits of oil and gas companies last night; companies that have made record profits at a time when the rest of us live through a cost of living crisis. Not one.

I refuse to believe that 'all politicians are the same' in light of what we've seen in Westminster over the last few years.

I think we deserve more than to have to ‘get used’ to being lied to.

Well find out if he lied when he said he'd resign if the he is fined over that episode. If he's fined, that is.

Boris?

To an extent, I agree. All politicians have and will lie, to someone about something.

However, Johnson and his government seem to do it consistently, to everyone. But it's more than the lying; it's the corruption, the law-breaking and the sheer incompetence of Johnson and his cabinet that are in post not through merit or commitment to public service, but because of their blind sycophancy for personal gain.

There is zero integrity shown by this party. Not a single Tory voted for the windfall tax on the profits of oil and gas companies last night; companies that have made record profits at a time when the rest of us live through a cost of living crisis. Not one.

I refuse to believe that 'all politicians are the same' in light of what we've seen in Westminster over the last few years.
    OCS, why do people always say this about the conservatives, IMHO it is almost every politician, especially those higher up the ranks. Has everyone forgotten Tony LIAR and his totally truthful tenure.

Yes, we do deserve better, but unfortunately they get away with it, regardless of party affiliation, so why stop when there isn't a valid reason (For them that is).

Unfortunately, the last person to enter parliament with honest intentions way Guy Fawkes.

OCS, why do people always say this about the conservatives, IMHO it is almost every politician, especially those higher up the ranks. Has everyone forgotten Tony LIAR and his totally truthful tenure.

Yes, we do deserve better, but unfortunately they get away with it, regardless of party affiliation, so why stop when there isn't a valid reason (For them that is).

Unfortunately, the last person to enter parliament with honest intentions way Guy Fawkes.
    This kind of apathy about it all enables them to continue, IMO. “Yeah Boris is a liar, but they’re all liars” doesn’t enable any positive change.

I also don’t think it’s true that they all lie and have poor intentions. I look at people like Nadia Whittome and Zarah Sultana and I see people who truly believe in making the country better and representing their voters. You might not agree with their politics (or you might, I don’t know what you believe politically) but I don’t think you can question their intentions. Honestly I think that people can’t really question Corbyn’s either. Again, disagree with the man, but he is clearly (to my mind) motivated to make things fairer in the world.

Because it's true of this Conservative government. Previous governments, be it Tory or Labour, will have been guilty of lying, no doubt, but it's the scale of the lying from Johnson that's without precedent, IMO.

I'm not saying that Labour have never lied, or will never lie, but in my lifetime I've not known a government that has lied so regularly and has so many examples of resignation-worthy behaviour that hasn't resulted in resignation than Johnson's lot.
  • Apparently our home top for next season ? not sure about the sleeves
  • Apparently a black away kit. That sounds like the one for me, I mean black is so flattering. 😄
  • I really hope that isn't our kit, it's dreadful.
  • Whilst it may be true that all politicians may lie, in my life time I have never seen anyone get anywhere near the levels of Johnson. The bigger problem with Johnsons lies are that they have very real consequences at a time we can least bear them.

The idea that there is even such a thing as 'beergate' has been created by the client journalists desperate to save their man by creating an idea of equivalence in Johnson's bring a bottle gatherings and Starmer arranging for a curry so people can eat. The parties are the tip of a very deep iceberg for Johnson, which I fear reach back from very early on in his life. I suspect once he is goine and the real truth comes out he will go down as this countries worst Prime Minister and this period viewed as setting us back decades.
  • So arranging for people to be able to eat at a gathering that SHOULD NOT have taken place is acceptable

For me the biggest and most blatant liar in history is Tony LIAR, who cost peoples lives.
  • So arranging for people to be able to eat at a gathering that SHOULD NOT have taken place is acceptable

For me the biggest and most blatant liar in history is Tony LIAR, who cost peoples lives.

Well that sort of depends on what the police in Durham decide. It seems that there were different rules around running campaigns at the time, so it's hard to know for sure if it was against rules. Personally, I think it probably shouldn't have happened, he will probably be fined, and he will then have to resign because he said he would.

That said, I think the only reason it is being investigated is because there has been a frenzy whipped up by journalists and Tory politicians to make it into an issue to deflect attention from their own poor behaviour.

Also, Tony Blair is an absolute disgrace who, in my opinion, should be tried for war crimes. But if you think that Johnson and his party haven't cost lives then you should look at the excess death statistics for the UK, or read about the potential impacts of the cost of living crisis, or look at the funds cut from the health and care sectors over past 12 years.

I don't really see why Tony Blair being a liar should in some way deflect or take away from Boris being one. And I also don't see why Tony Blair being a 'bigger' liar in your eyes would mean that Boris' lies become any smaller or less consequential.
  • Unfortunately, the last person to enter parliament with honest intentions way Guy Fawkes.

Guy Fawkes lied.

While he was in England he went under the pseudonym John Johnson and claimed to be Thomas Percy's servant. He only admitted his real true identity two days after he was captured.

Fawkes fought for the Spanish against the English in Holland and was smuggled back into England as Catesby needed someone who knew how to handle gunpowder. The aim of the plot was to destroy the government, raise a Catholic rebellion and install the King's daughter Elizabeth as a pro-Spanish monarch.

Fawkes was the 17th Century equivalent of someone going to Afghanistan to fight the against British army then returning home with the intention of creating a Caliphate

--------------------------------------------------------

Politicians are people and all people lie, some more than others. In the past if the lie was exposed then a minister would resign or would be sacked. john Major was so appalled by the sleaze in his own party that he created the Committee on Standards in Public Life to investigate MPs and others.

The difference is that we now have a Prime Minister who lies almost every time he opens his mouth and allows his ministers to do the same.

When Kier Starmer ran for Labour leader he promised to retain Labour policies under Corbyn and "bring the party together". Since then he has dropped most of the policies and has expelled loads of left wingers from the party, alienating a large number of party members. He lied.

One politician who is painfully honest is Jeremy Corbyn, it hasn't done him a lot of good
  • Alderz, after so many years of polititians being liars, cheats and trough snufflers, I guess I've become somewhat immune to it all. I include all political parties in my damnation =)
  • Alderz, after so many years of polititians being liars, cheats and trough snufflers, I guess I've become somewhat immune to it all. I include all political parties in my damnation =)

Whilst I understand that, I do think that that is the attitude that hurts the population and allows these people to retain power. I think it's important to take the frustration of being lied to by politicians and channel it into engagement in the system to try to make changes, rather than disengaging and allowing them to get away with it.
  • You should watch when they have a vote on Landlord Bill's. If Bill is in favour of tenants it won't pass, the reason being most or certainly a large number are landlords themselves. I don't like any of them.
  • In 2021 115 MPs (18%) were listed as landlords receiving more than £10k per year

90 Conservative
    18 Labour
    4 SNP
    2 Lib Dems
    1 DUP
  • You know that youre tempted to revisit the way you watch the game....

• Sitting here watching the build up to The Europa League final with more than a tinge of “ Should’ve been there”.
    Oh well football innit.
  • Cant bring myself to watch it ,Just hurts to much
This discussion has been closed.