Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• I didn't know where to post this, just wanted to say,CHUFFED with the lads this season.
  • yoyo said:

I didn't know where to post this, just wanted to say,CHUFFED with the lads this season.

Overchuffed, surely?
  • yoyo said:

I didn't know where to post this, just wanted to say,CHUFFED with the lads this season.

Completely agree. I think we need to say the same about Moyes as well. Despite all the gnashing of teeth, hair pulling and the “ Why hasn’t he bought anyone?!” him and his staff gave us some wonderful days and nights this year, got us to a European semifinal and delivered European football again for next season. The word vindicated comes to mind.

• I was a bit surprised Moyes did n't make manager of the season shortlist and Veira and Frank did
  • I can understand Frank being nominated, he’s done a great job with Brentford this season. Vieira has also done really well at Palace, but at the end if the day they were a mid table team last year, and are again this year. I think Moyes has been harshly done by compared to Vieira
  • Slacker said:

yoyo said:

Completely agree. I think we need to say the same about Moyes as well. Despite all the gnashing of teeth, hair pulling and the “ Why hasn’t he bought anyone?!” him and his staff gave us some wonderful days and nights this year, got us to a European semifinal and delivered European football again for next season. The word vindicated comes to mind.

This, ——- I certainly have some humble pie to attack, in my defense I was probably led astray by the Sunderland supporting side of my family and to be fair, his first stint with us was nothing to write home about, but no complaints from me, completely vindicated in my eyes.

How he was not nominated for manager of the year is beyond me

• So it appears we are the first team to go through a Premier League season scoring in every home game. Liverpool can equal this on Sunday but we got there first. 👏👏👏
  • Slacker said:

yoyo said:

This, ——- I certainly have some humble pie to attack, in my defense I was probably led astray by the Sunderland supporting side of my family and to be fair, his first stint with us was nothing to write home about, but no complaints from me, completely vindicated in my eyes.

Yeah, he absolutely deserved a nomination. As has already been said, I can see why Veiera and Frank have been nominated, but if they were then 100% Moyes should have been too.

That said, I still don't think it should make him exempt from criticism. A European semi-final and another season of European football secured is obviously a very good season and few would argue otherwise, but - and call me greedy - there's still that nagging feeling that it could have been even better if things had been done differently in January.

But hey, let's hope we get 6th on Sunday because another Europa League campaign would be huge for us.
  • Slacker said:

yoyo said:

Yeah, he absolutely deserved a nomination. As has already been said, I can see why Veiera and Frank have been nominated, but if they were then 100% Moyes should have been too.

That said, I still don't think it should make him exempt from criticism. A European semi-final and another season of European football secured is obviously a very good season and few would argue otherwise, but - and call me greedy - there's still that nagging feeling that it could have been even better if things had been done differently in January.

But hey, let's hope we get 6th on Sunday because another Europa League campaign would be huge for us.
    Can I call you “greedy” without being put on the naughty step again?😉😄

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61467159

Big credit to Jake Daniels for this. Takes some courage, but hopefully this will make it easier for others in the future.
  • edited May 2022
    Jake Daniels 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈
  • A 17 year old lad with that sort of maturity and courage is a rare thing. I really hope his career blossoms as he will be tagged most likely for his whole career rather than for any playing ability.

There are enough neanderthals who watch football and plenty of homophobic junk will be thown at him. I really hope the vast majority of reaction (now and in the future) will be totally positive for him
  • I see there is a report that Idrissa Gueye didn’t play for the second season in a row in Lique Un in this weekend’s matches to support the 🌈 ideals.
  • NYT reporting that he missed the same match last season but it was covered up.
  • MrsG, I understand it’s to do with his faith & the way his country (Senegal) view homosexuality. The French FA are being pressured into taking sanctions against him.
  • Unless it's in his contract that he fully participates in the club ' gestures' then I doubt they can do anything about it.
  • It would be gross hypocrisy by the French FA... Since they agree that it's ok for Qatar to own PSG.
  • edited May 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

There are enough neanderthals who watch football and plenty of homophobic junk will be thown at him. I really hope the vast majority of reaction (now and in the future) will be totally positive for him

He did an interview with Sky which they then posted on Twitter. Unfortunately they had to turn off the comments section because of the level of homophobia.

Easy for those people to do it anonymously online, but I don't think there would be the same level of abuse at a game because people tend to be less brave in an environment where they might get something back.

I do think the vocal minority will have their say, but hopefully the vast majority will be louder in their support of the lad.
  • I dont personally know his talent level but I hope he rams any negative crowd reaction down their throats with his play (and sooner rather than later stop it)
  • I remember the documentary by ex Wales rugby captain Gareth Thomas. He only had online abuse from football fans ( he said ) and he posted the idea of meeting the people . He booked a meeting room ( I think at Crystal palace ) not one of the brave souls turned up. He sat there all afternoon waiting. Probably something to do with the fact these brave He-men realised he's a big bloke.
  • This is doing the rounds as a leaked image of our home shirt for next season:

Which is a supposed re-working of this number from 1992:

• edited May 2022
    Round neck- ✅
    Shoulders - meh

I'll wait to see the away shirt.
  • Some speculation that it might be a training top, but we'll see.

Is it just a coincidence that we're knocking these out in the club store?:

• As an adult may I say that I don’t give a monkey’s what a football shirt looks like.
  • So Boris Johnson:
    Lied to the queen
    Shut down parliament
    Fined for breaking the law during Covid lockdown
    About to tear up an a contract that HE designed because he knew it could never work.
    And people STILL stand by him.
    We are a laughing stock.😡
  • Well, I don't stand by him. So I'm not a laughing stock.
  • Shirt looks so much better with that badge.
  • Footage of Rangers fans having fun in the sun in Seville hasn’t improved my mood.
  • Some speculation that it might be a training top, but we'll see.

Is it just a coincidence that we're knocking these out in the club store?:

• Slacker said:

So Boris Johnson:
    Lied to the queen
    Shut down parliament
    Fined for breaking the law during Covid lockdown
    About to tear up an a contract that HE designed because he knew it could never work.
    And people STILL stand by him.
    We are a laughing stock.😡

Well, you could have Macron who not only illegally sold weapons to Putin but appears to be trying to surrender to him even before they attack. 😳

(But I know what you mean 👍)
This discussion has been closed.