The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• I’d prefer Loftus Cheek, but I’d guess someone on loan, yeah
  • I sense a tightening of Sully’s wallet after today’s game.
  • We still need bodies, particularly in defence and centre midfield, but anyone who does come in is going to have a tough time getting into this side.
  • Perhaps Soucek and Coufal could just tell us who else to get from Slavia. I am sure they have a good enough CB, CM and Striker.
  • alderz said:

We still need bodies, particularly in defence and centre midfield, but anyone who does come in is going to have a tough time getting into this side.

And that's the whole point. Knowing their positions are under threat should drive the players on even more.
  • Noise on Twitter that we are expecting to make up to 3 signings

Snodgrass going on loan to Celtic
  • We need to offload Wiltshire and Anderson. Cullen I hope stays. If Snoddy goes to Celtic, then we will for certain need another midfielder along with a CB minimum.
  • Couldn't help myself. Looked at the Czechia league (Fortuna League) to start some last minute scouting. Some cheap experienced players along with one or two young starlets... e.g. Hlosek from Sparta Praha
  • CM & CB I feel we need.

The rest we are gambling, but not sure we can justify another LWB & another striker just in case we lose players. But with no Masuaku & no Antonio, this formation will not work.
  • Lukerz said:

CM & CB I feel we need.

The rest we are gambling, but not sure we can justify another LWB & another striker just in case we lose players. But with no Masuaku & no Antonio, this formation will not work.

Which is justification enough. If losing one or two players means you have to change your formation, then the squad isn't right, IMO. You could play Bowen through the middle if Antonio was absent and bring Yarmo into RW (although his defensive work is nowhere near the same level as Jarrod), but losing Masuaku means either Cresswell at LWB, which he isn't good enough for, or Johnson, who's had a shaky start to the season.

I wonder if they're still looking at QPRs Ryan Manning. I know we were linked earlier in the window, but there were doubts over his defending, but signing him as a LWB rather than a LB may actually work now.
  • GSB will look at it this way we have scored seven goals in the last two league games, so no strikers needed, and not conceded any so we don't need a centre half. Conveniently forgetting we let in four v Everton in midweek. I very much look forward to them proving me wrong tomorrow but of course we can still get someone from the Championship up until the 16th can't we?
  • edited October 2020

we can still get someone from the Championship up until the 16th can't we?

I thought players could leave to, for instance, the Champo after tomorrow, but no incomings to the Premier League except those out of contract.
  • I believe it's 2-way.
  • Transfer deadline day is on Monday October 5. However, to give clubs more time in the age of coronavirus, they will be able to do domestic transfers up until October 16. This will be for loans or permanent transfers between Premier League and EFL clubs. No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs or with foreign clubs in this additional period.
  • Somebody at the back and somebody in midfield and I think we have a strong squad. Ideally a left-sided defender, and even better if they can double up as left-sided CB or LWB.

You'd think Coufal could also double up as right-sided CB in a three. If Cresswell can do it this well, somebody with Coufal's discipline and experience could surely do it, too.
  • Omar Richards left back for Reading
  • Transfer deadline day is on Monday October 5. However, to give clubs more time in the age of coronavirus, they will be able to do domestic transfers up until October 16. This will be for loans or permanent transfers between Premier League and EFL clubs. No transfers can take place between Premier League clubs or with foreign clubs in this additional period.

Ah, ok, my bad
  • Rumors seem to be that Snodgrass and Cullen will be leaving, so apart from a CB another Midfielder.... should be a fun day tomorrow,let’s hope we are happy with the outcome 🏺
  • Also, despite the slightly hysterical doom and gloom from a lot of our fanbase on this transfer window, I think it's worth pointing out that our last two real signings - Soucek, and Bowen - have been absolutely superb.

And very early days, but Coufal looks another gem.

If we can't find the right people I'd rather sign nobody. Getting bodies in for the sake of them has not served us well over the last few seasons.
  • Hope we don't end up with Phil Jones. He can't even get into what is the worst Man Utd defence I think I've seen in my lifetime.
  • Josh Cullen is having medical at Anderlecht for a fee of £800,000. https://www.footballinsider247.com/medical-booked-west-ham-accept-6-figure-bid-for-24-yr-old/

It is a bit puzzling - if Cullen is good enough for Anderlecht , why is he not good enough for WHU? Unless Cullen wanted confirmation of a start or a place in the matchday squads and Moyes could not guarantee that. Shame to lose another home grown player.
  • Because the Eredivisie is of a lower overall standard to the Prem.
  • No championship teams prepared to pay more???
  • edited October 2020
    Going to the Belgian league will probably be fine. He’s had so many loans and no manager’s trusted him to have a run of games here, so I think it’s time he settled somewhere. Would’ve expected Championship but maybe he can learn something mew abroad.
  • IronHerb said:

Because the Eredivisie is of a lower overall standard to the Prem.

Oops. Eredivisie is Holland. 😬
  • Think the fact that no one else is after him at that price is telling

£800k isn't a lot, but its still money incoming and wages off the books

Snodgrass makes a less sense, because he seems like a solid professional and someone Moyes could trust but again, we are likely to get a loan fee and his wages off the books

Also heard on sky sports that we are only open to a permanent deal, unless the loan fee is considerable

If the two moves fund a potential loan move for Grujic or RLC then it suits all parties
  • Don't think we should be buying RLC. Loan, with an option.
  • Don't think we should be buying RLC. Loan, with an option.

Definitely, and, tbh, I'm not thrilled with either. He's not the player he was before his injury, although obviously there's a chance he'll rediscover his form.
  • edited October 2020
    Grujic has a better recent injury record the RLC, famous last words there!

Concerns being raised that Tah is too slow for the Premier League so we want a loan to buy deal although his distribution is rumoured to be better than Rocky's.
This discussion has been closed.