The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• BMW I believe
  • Not sure how strong he is, but think his height is a good indicator
  • Hopefully a signing that can kick us into a higher gear
  • Really looking forward to Craig Dawson rocking up on deadline day to solve our defensive problems lol
  • Hamstew said:

Hopefully a signing that can kick us into a higher gear

Or rather GSB into orbit?
  • 🚙 🚙

Ok. West Ham players in Emoticons. I'll go second: 🍚
  • Friend for Marseille says this CB is very good and will continue to progress
  • 🚙 🚙

🐌
  • He will play well, be a hero at West Ham, then down tools and force a move back to Marseille
  • Dunno who he is or how good he is

But he's 24, good size for the prem and comes highly recommended so bring it on (don't think we will finalise it though)

Only worry....is why would a first team CB playing for a champions league team who came 2nd in their league last year join us....other than money
  • Someone’s already put on Wikipedia that he plus for us
  • Rumours suggest that OM want £35mil.....
  • Rumours suggest that OM want £35mil.....

Craig Dawson it is then
  • Hamstew said:

🚙 🚙

🐌

↔️

Both Noble?
  • I mean you have to wonder what’s the point of all of this

A clutch of players in that price bracket have been linked and we have supposedly put in “offers” for.

However even if the player bizarrely is happy to join, the offer will still always be 10% down with the promise of the rest in instalments (and we know what our track record is on that front). That metric is not going to change between now and Monday

May aswell therefore just get Dawson in and settled quickly.
  • Definitely reminiscent of the infamous striker hunt of 2016

Bids for Lacazette, Batshuyai, Gomez and Bacca, but don't think we ever had a bid accepted for any of them (maybe for Bats?)

So we ended with Zaza who wasn't good enough and was a massive flop

We quite clearly have primary targets, but we don't have the funds to get them and end up panicking ....dunno why we don't try making our primary targets ones we could feasibly afford so we don't waste 2 months and then panic last minute

But I do know the answer...because the board are incompetent
  • Really looking forward to Craig Dawson rocking up on deadline day to solve our defensive problems lol

A super tanker has a tighter turning circle than Dawson
  • Especially playing a back 3/5.

Must get in a CB & must be the best we can get (not Dawson).
  • There’s no point buying Dawson.
  • Rudiger on loan
  • Rudiger on loan

No deals with Chavski, they may use it as leverage to get Deccers.
  • edited October 2020
    John Stones? He'd jump at the chance of regular football and it doesn't look like he'll get a game at Citeh... on loan with them picking up part of his wages
  • edited October 2020

He will play well, be a hero at West Ham, then down tools and force a move back to Marseille

Payet hasn’t fared well =)

• Serves him right for following the Benni Macarthy diet

A super tanker has a tighter turning circle than Dawson
    As an ex Royal Navy man the Ark Royal as a better turning circle than Dawson
  • Judging by what's just been said on twitter Dawson seems a lot more likely now. 🙈
  • Yup, Car not happening. Wanted to stay and play CL football. Nothing to do with the offer to Marseille or the wages offered, apparently, which suits Sullivan's narrative perfectly.

So here we are; two days of the window left and still no closer to getting a CB which was, don't forget, Moyes’s priority target in June. Once again, we've wasted time chasing a player whose valuation we never had any intention of meeting, and now we're scratching around for a defender that we should have had lined up months ago.

We all know how this ends, so what happens next should be no surprise to anyone. We'll bring in an out-of-favour player, more than likely a Will Salthouse client, probably from a relegated team for £5m-£8m.
  • OCS How can you say 'Once again, we've wasted time chasing a player whose valuation we never had any intention of meeting'. the deal appeared to be very close and he pulled out for Champions league football. I cannot see anything to suggest that we pulled out due to valuation or wages. I understand and, largely agree with the criticism of GSB, but I cannot see any reason to do that with this case - unless someone knows differently.
  • Barney said:

OCS How can you say 'Once again, we've wasted time chasing a player whose valuation we never had any intention of meeting'. the deal appeared to be very close and he pulled out for Champions league football. I cannot see anything to suggest that we pulled out due to valuation or wages. I understand and, largely agree with the criticism of GSB, but I cannot see any reason to do that with this case - unless someone knows differently.

I was talking about Tarkowski.
This discussion has been closed.