The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• According to Jim White, Sullivan has told him that we've failed with a bid for Milenkovic because Fiorentina wanted £25m + £10m in add ons.

Rejection is the most common outcome of WHU bids, which also alerts other Clubs and they snatch players form tight under WHU noses. It is also very frustrating for fans and can't help wondering how many gems we have lost over the years. I also wonder what it does to the player's morale especially when the want to join WHU but haggling prevents it. Of course, haggling may be common as Clubs want to sell at high price and buy at low price, but I get the feeling that Sullivan wants to drive down the price considerably and thus antagonize the sellers.

• RL-C is on £150,000 pw at the Chavs (Telegraph).
    Surely we won't agree to that, he'll just be a more expensive version of Wilshere.
  • https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/10/02/report-west-ham-confident-of-signing-unstoppable-force-on-loan-before-window-shuts/

I wondered who this unstoppable force was and was disappointed it was Ruben Lofrus Cheek lol

Honestly, I would be really happy with signing him. For me, he is exactly the type of midfielder we have needed for a long time. He's very good on the ball, a good passer, good dribbler, has great physical attributes and can score goals. I really rate him, personally, though I recognise that he has had a bit of stutter in his development in the past 18 months or so.

IMO, a midfield trio of Soucek, Rice and Loftus-Cheek would be about as good as it gets outside of the top 6.
  • If he's fit that is

I wouldn't mind him, although I'd imagine that as far as loans go, he'd be pretty expensive

If we are to get a new CM, we should probably be looking at slightly more defensive minded ones to prepare for if one of Soucek or Rice get injured (although Soucek operates more as a box to box midfielder)

But yea, I would take him
  • edited October 2020
    I expect Chelsea are used to paying large chunks of their loanees' salaries. Has he had a bunch of injuries or was it just one, long one?
  • I know, I know ...... it's from the scunny sun

"Callum Hudson-Odoi has hired a personal trainer at his own expense to try to force his way into Frank Lampard's plans."

The fear of being sent out on loan to WHU =)
  • 3 days of the window left 12m/18m of Diangana money still not spent. Feels like we still sold him for absolutely nothing.
  • At least our abundance of wingers looked very useful on Wednesday
  • 3 days of the window left 12m/18m of Diangana money still not spent. Feels like we still sold him for absolutely nothing.

I'm not sure that sulli would say that =)

I really do think things will happen between now and Monday. Whether we are enthused by any of it though is another matter

I don’t think even sully would leave us with a just a r/b when the urgent priorities have been c/b, l/b, back up c/f, etc
  • edited October 2020
    yes probably loan deals which makes me think the Diangana deal is even more disgusting business. 100% convinced it was done to pay off a Haller installment to Eintract. Every other club has had the same Covid problems but our owners are coming up with excuses.
  • I would have thought we would have only got a percentage of the Diangana money up front; not all of it. I think it is how deals are normally done.
  • We are linked today with Rafinha,Rugani and Ruben Loftus Cheek they must up to the R's on Football Manager ,tomorrow is S who will be linked with ?
  • Sancho, Suarez and Sidwell?
  • Somehow I managed to read Sanchez there.
  • Sky Sports News app has had the article "Redknapp expects Man United to Land Sancho"

What this is based upon....nothing

And yet its been the top article for 2 days...
  • edited October 2020
    Sky sports, Home of the Redknapp "Love in"
  • Sky Sports News app has had the article "Redknapp expects Man United to Land Sancho"

What this is based upon....nothing

And yet its been the top article for 2 days...

Which team is it again ?
  • West Ham have bid £20m for Marseille centre back Duje Caleta-Car.

The 24-year-old Croatian central defender has become a target for David Moyes to bolster the back line.

Earlier in the window, the Hammers tabled three bids for Burnley centre-back James Tarkowski but they were rejected.
  • Probably another bid that won't be accepted
  • It’s reported to be below Marseille’s valuation. Now where have I heard that before recently? 🤔
  • I don’t think the problem necessarily is with the size of the bid. One report said that we bid eur33m total for forfan but about 4m of that was up front. That doesn’t bode well. The lack of up front cash is one thing but clubs will be aware of the likelihood of defaulting on future instalments
  • We always buy players In instalments..... Do we buy players from a Littlewoods catalogue?
  • Think our owners still use green shield stamps 😂😂
  • There are rumours that Josh King is available for £10m. If we signed him I would be pleased.
  • alders, you put a zero on the end of the fee so GSB can’t afford that.
  • So if you believe the Twitter news, this Marseille CB could well be happening.
  • 🚙 🚙
  • Heard hes got a good engine.
This discussion has been closed.