The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• To be honest, Red Bull is a bad example. We don't want a team with no identity because we're alway selling players. We want a sustainable model that finances buying supporting players. A model that would mean we could keep Rice because ever year we've got better players coming in to support him and is based on scouting and planning, not a scattergun approach.

Leicester is a much better example because it shows how they've stayed a competitive team, keeping a key player like Vardy while the rest of the team evolves.
  • You just can't win with some fans though

We spend big money on international/prime players they are unhappy

We spend spend small money on international/prime players they are unhappy

We buy young players for decent fees (like Ajeti) they are unhappy

We buy young players for small fees we get trashed (Xande/Martinez)

We are told to follow the examples of Leicester, then get the pitchforks out when we are linked to sell Rice for £80mil....and you know if someone bid £50mil for Soucek/Bowen next year people would be up in arms if we accepted

We have too many players in a position then we can't shift them, and then everyone complains we don't have a good 3rd choice striker

I can't understand how anyone can be unhappy that we are getting Coufal. He is a 28 year old, so very much at his physical prime, he has good international and domestic pedigree, he comes from the same team we got one of our most important players from, he fills an area we are weak in, and he's relatively cheap as chips

And its all well and good saying we should follow the RB model, but its not that easy, if it was....everyone would be doing it

And then the same people complain that they are Jelous of Everton, who have exclusively bought players in their late 20's

Young players cost more money then older ones because of their potential, look how much Wolves just spent on an 18 year old

Yes the club needs a restructure, but it doesn't happen overnight...but Bowen/Soucek were massive successes so why don't we just all get behind a signing
  • edited October 2020
    According to Jim White, Sullivan has told him that we've failed with a bid for Milenkovic because Fiorentina wanted £25m + £10m in add ons.

He's a 22-year-old Serbian CB with 20 international caps, over 80 first team appearances for Fiorentina and was subject to a £50m bid from Man Utd a while back. Cheaper and younger (therefore with higher sell-on value potential, which Sullivan has referenced as important in the past) than Tarkowski, who we were rumoured to have offered £35m for but would probably command higher wages than Milenkovic.
  • Sorry WHU, I'm not sure what you are trying to say!!!!!!!!!
  • Who is not getting behind a signing? That’s not a fair remark IMO. I wouldn’t overly want Troy deeney at the club, if he did actually join us he would get my full support. But he hasn’t signed.

I agree Jay, whu’s is lost on me too. Because the implication is we shouldn’t air are grievances at the owners choices. It isn’t about being picky. They have made a catalogue of questionable choices, chief amongst them is the stadium.

Terrible record with transfers. I can’t think of many very young players we have ever bought in the sully era who have got anywhere near the first team.

And as for the restructure it doesn’t happen overnight. But has it even started at all?
  • edited October 2020

According to Jim White, Sullivan has told him that we've failed with a bid for Milenkovic because Fiorentina wanted £25m + £10m in add ons.

He's a 22-year-old Serbian CB with 20 international caps, over 80 first team appearances for Fiorentina and was subject to a £50m bid from Man Utd a while back. Cheaper and younger (therefore with higher sell-on value potential, which Sullivan has referenced as important in the past) than Tarkowski, who we were rumoured to have offered £35m for but would probably command higher wages than Milenkovic.

Why are all our transfer dealings or lack of being announced through Jim White on talksport. Lol this club.
  • Champo :+1:

I agree with that, but I also don't think anyone is anti signing him. I certainly am not unhappy with the signing. I just think that this window in particular has been incredibly frustrating, as we have failed to strengthen in the areas that we need it most (I've written several times on here that, IMO, right back needs strengthening but not as much as several other positions).

My main fear is that the club will use this signing and the Soucek permanent signing to say that we've strengthened in key areas, when in reality I see that we are a weaker squad than we were at the end of last season - and if that's harsh, then we certainly aren't a stronger squad.

Now, if they someone pull a left back and a striker out of the bag before deadline, then I'll eat my hat* but I just don't see it happening.

*pretty sure you guys all know that I wear a hat made of ice cream, right?
  • What we are all forgetting is it doesn’t matter a jot which positions we feel need strengthening, what does matter is where Moyes and the coaches feel we need to do something
  • I haven't forgotten that.
  • I think this thread should have been called "The Same Transfer Window" as nothing changes we always seem to end up not getting our main targets because we can't afford them.
  • Is it worth Rav bringing out the yellow tie this year?

It's an annual event Outcast, so of course it is =)

The bigger question is should we sign Rav
  • Knowing our board we will bid for 25 mil for diangana only to say it wasn’t quite enough or his wage demands to high
  • Defender Vladimir Coufal is currently at the West Ham training ground with his joint agent (former Wolves and Reading winger Stephen Hunt).

The player's medical has been completed and he will sign a three-year contract in the next couple of hours.

The fee is believed to be £5m
  • alderz said:

Is it worth Rav bringing out the yellow tie this year?

The bigger question is should we sign Rav
    At ADO Den Haag now
  • Coufal is officially a Hammer. Three year deal, with a two year option. Takes the No5 shirt.

• Sky Sports News will broadcast the first 'green' Transfer Deadline Day on Monday October 5 which will be a certified three-star Albert sustainable production.

I don’t have a green tie 😳
  • Hooray we have signed a player the floodgates will open now maybe possibily Dom,t go to sleep etc etc .....
  • edited October 2020

Sky Sports News will broadcast the first 'green' Transfer Deadline Day on Monday October 5 which will be a certified three-star Albert sustainable production.

I don’t have a green tie 😳

👍
  • Top work bro 🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Wilshire apparently on his way out.
  • Sheffield utd have bought Brewster for £23.5m

If I’ve read correctly, I can’t see any possible downside for Liverpool as there seems to be a 3 year buy back option for them. And on top of that a 15% sell on clause. Crikey!
  • Thats a great deal for Liverpool they have a habit of flogging their youngsters for top fees Ibe was another one can we hire their transfer negiotator please
  • They also sold Solanke for like £20mil to Bournemouth, £25mil for Sakho to Palace among other good deals
  • They also paid a fortune for Carroll and Benteke. Like any club they make the odd mistake but they appear to be showing the way on how to sell a youngster
  • Brewster scored 10 in 20 for Swansea last year in the Championship. 1 in 2 is a good ratio, but £20m+ based on half a year in the division below, and having NEVER played a top flight game, seems pretty steep to me.
  • Jordan Ibe

Sold to Bournemouth for £15m who then released him at the end of his contract
  • alderz said:

Brewster scored 10 in 20 for Swansea last year in the Championship. 1 in 2 is a good ratio, but £20m+ based on half a year in the division below, and having NEVER played a top flight game, seems pretty steep to me.

And Sheffield will have to sell him for quite a chunk more to be making anything decent back on him, with the sell-on clause.
This discussion has been closed.