The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• Ex now reporting that Car changed his mind about coming after speaking to Sullivan 😄 Our Director of Football, people.
  • Yep this Is what I'd assumed had happened. 😂
  • 3 days of the window left 12m/18m of Diangana money still not spent. Feels like we still sold him for absolutely nothing.

2 days to justify Diangana's selling =)
  • edited October 2020

3 days of the window left 12m/18m of Diangana money still not spent. Feels like we still sold him for absolutely nothing.

We actually have £33.2m to spend, if everything adds up. We apparently bid £35m for Tarkowsky, so we should have that less the first of three £1.8m instalments paid to Slavia for Coufal.

And yet Dawson on loan seems to be the likeliest deal 🤔
  • apparently we are interested in Walcott on loan, which being a winger would be the ultimate slap in the face for selling Diangana but with the dodgy Dave's nothing would surprise me
  • Can you imagine selling a young, tricky and fast winger and then taking on loan an aging one time fast and tricky winger for probably five times his wages.

This one has to be paper talk.
  • I sincerely hope so. We need another ex-Arsenal flop like a hole in the head.
  • Of all the names we have been “linked with”, it’ll be Dawson and Walcott which will actually end up happening.
  • Imagine we get walloped by Leicester and then only manage to get Dawson on loan. Which is very likely. Fans are gonna lose it 😬
  • apologies OCS - I read your comments as relating to Car
  • Daily Mail 📰

West Ham and Southampton are weighing up loan moves for Liverpool's Marko Grujic before Monday's transfer deadline, with the two clubs also eyeing Chelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
  • Barney said:

apologies OCS - I read your comments as relating to Car

No need to apologise. I should've been clearer in my post.
  • Diesel or Petrol.
  • 3 days of the window left 12m/18m of Diangana money still not spent. Feels like we still sold him for absolutely nothing.

He wasn't a CB was he? 🤔
  • Daily Mail 📰

West Ham and Southampton are weighing up loan moves for Liverpool's Marko Grujic before Monday's transfer deadline, with the two clubs also eyeing Chelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Id be very happy if we got Grujic actually more so than RLC

Hes more naturally defensive minded so is a better replacement if Soucek/Rice get injured

He's also a goal threat, getting 9 goals across 2 seasons for Herther Berlin as a DM/CM

But probably the bigger reason is his injury record compared to RLC, coupled with his wages which are likely less than a 3rd of RLCs

24 years old and a massive upgrade over our back up midfielders Noble, Wilshere and Snodgrass
  • Jonathon Tah is the latest CB to be linked 24 German international could be decent signing if we actually manage to sign him
  • IronHerb said:

3 days of the window left 12m/18m of Diangana money still not spent. Feels like we still sold him for absolutely nothing.

He wasn't a CB was he? 🤔
    The point was supposedly we had lots of wingers so we sold him to buy a defender?
  • Tah is meant to be very good, he’s been highly rated for a long while. I’ve seen him play for Germany, but that’s not really what we should be judging him on as we are certainly not them.
  • IronHerb said:

He wasn't a CB was he? 🤔
    The point was supposedly we had lots of wingers so we sold him to buy a defender?
    And if we hadn't sold him we'd have had even more wingers.
  • Tah will be another brief 24 hours of hope for hammers fans before it turns out he won’t join at all due to one of the usual reasons why a deal doesn’t happen where west ham are concerned

Reckon now that the main window will shut with no defensive additions, whereupon the best we can then hope for is Rodon.
  • IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

He wasn't a CB was he? 🤔
    But the players classed as wingers by the club when explaining the sale of Grady included Anderson and Lanzini and Yarmo (who the manager seems relectant to give more than a few
    minutes on the pitch), Snodgrass (who doesn’t have the legs to be a winger) and Antonio (who is now our c/f).

So in reality, we our true wing options appear to be Bowen and Masuaku.
  • Reports on twitter that Cullen is signing for Anderlecht
  • The owners know they have to sign a player.

They know that they said the Grady sale was done to reinvest, & so far we have reinvested £5m.

Even for them, they will know how stupid they will look if we end up with nobody & then sign somebody like Dawson.
  • The owners have said things in the past with reasons given then not delivered. So i doubt they will care if they renege again. Especially as they will not need to physically see any protests for a long time yet.
  • Hamstew said:

Reports on twitter that Cullen is signing for Anderlecht

Would've liked to see Cullen given a chance, but he's 24 and obviously hasn't done enough to convince hes prem standard (which I don't think he is)

While he'd be good depth he needs first team football and we can get a small fee for him with a potential sell on clause (based off twitter rumours)
  • He’s obviously not rated highly enough to make his mark on the side. 24 is too old to not be getting any games, and a move will be good for him. Hopefully he. An have a good career elsewhere.
  • edited October 2020
    IronHerb said:

IronHerb said:

He wasn't a CB was he? 🤔
    I’m sorry, I don’t understand what your point is. I thought you were suggesting there was no link between Grady’s sale being worthwhile and signing a centre back.

The abundance of wingers is an illusion, when most are not in that position or not performing, in my opinion.
  • Hamstew said:

Reports on twitter that Cullen is signing for Anderlecht

Would've liked to see Cullen given a chance, but he's 24 and obviously hasn't done enough to convince hes prem standard (which I don't think he is)

While he'd be good depth he needs first team football and we can get a small fee for him with a potential sell on clause (based off twitter rumours)
    I wonder if we might bid for the Brentford lad.
  • Well if Cullen goes we need a replacement. Although that was also true when we let Obiang go.

Our MF options beyond Rice and Soucek are Noble, Wilshere (or is either injured or on his way), Snodgrass and an untested Coventry. We need more.
  • I can’t see that they’d let him go if nobody came in? Purely from a numbers perspective we need somebody at least.
This discussion has been closed.