Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• The Standard reckons that we're looking to sell Perez, Obiang, Oxford, Byram and Hugill plus Hernandez could want out due to lack of game time.

New strikers definitely needed.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/westham/west-ham-to-sell-fringe-players-to-fund-summer-squad-revamp-a4139376.html
  • Players with fringes
    :yercoat:
  • I like Tammy Abraham and Jack Grealish a lot. They are both good footballers. I'd like us to sign them (though I think Grealish will be too pricey)
  • Blimey, that play-off escalated quickly!
  • Grealish is heading to Spurs isn't he?
  • Grealish is heading to Spurs isn't he?

Nothing definite yet, Spurs have allegedly bid £35m but his buyout clause is £60m. I suspect Villa are waiting to see how the playoffs go, if they get promoted they might try to hang onto him.
  • Grealish for me fits spurs and deli Ali both cocky and arrogant
  • This is what one of the itk on KUMB said to start off the transfer speculation.

The players leaving

Carroll... obviously
    Chicha .. if we can sell him
    Obiang - wants to go back to Italy
    Oxford - big head
    Cresswell - past it
    Perez - not a certainty but available for the right price
    Adrian - out of contract

In

Real Madrid midfielder
    2 Portugeezers
    Medel as back up to Rice
    French defender
    a couple of frees
  • deep down I fear that the Daves will sign Wellbeck. They just won’t be able to help themselves. He ticks all the boxes

Very good player when fit
    Always injured
    Free
  • I have a bit more faith in Husillos and Pellegrini doing some decent business after some shrewd business last year most the signings last year were good
  • Yeold, I'm happy with the players you mentioned leaving and we can recoup more than you'd think at first glance

Carroll - 0 +£90k
    Adrian - 0 + £50k
    Chicha - +£10m & £140k
    Obiang - +£8m & £50k
    Oxford - +£8m & £20k
    Cresswell - £6m & £50k
    Perez - £6m & £60k

Quick maths that works out to around £40m for the kitty and about £350k a week in wages

I'd be surprised if Nasri extends his contract with us, and I'd also be surprised if we retain both of Reid and Ogbonna

I think we will spend net about £30m (so around £70m + overall) this season which isn't a huge amount but should be enough to add bits of quality throughout the team without over extending ourselves without what we can realistically spend
  • I really wish people would stop the character assassination of Reece Oxford. It's all 'I've heard/they say' about his poor attitude etc.

Why isn't it enough to judge him on his footballing merits?
  • I agree Grey

But I do think that he hasn't pushed on and it would suit all parties to move him on
  • I am not sure Hernandez fits in with Pellegrini's plan so would n't mind if he went especially with his high wages . Personally I would like to see two cf, a box to box midfielder , a left back and a replacement for Adrian and maybe a CB. I think the core of the team looks good as we have shown the last three games when players are fit add on Yarmalenlko and we have plenty of attacking options , Diop and Balbulena looks solid at CB , Fredricks is starting to look the part he has certainly improved a lot recently , left back needs looking at and Fabianski needs a back up .
    CF is the one area we seem to struggle with abit Perez is not a starter , Hernandez is a luxury super sub, Carroll is going so we rely heavily on Arnie and our midfield to score. Anyway a decent enough season considering we had 8 points after 10 games we got 44 points in 28 games after that which is pretty impressive . Roll on next season COYI
  • We definitely need another striker similar to Arnautovic, i.e. strong and mobile.

Our 4 strikers have all been too different.

Carroll - strong, good in the air but slow
    Hernandez - small, slow but a poacher
    Perez - more of a second striker than a main striker

This meant if Arnautovic wasn’t playing, we had to change our style since there was no-one like him.

The two we’re being linked with are Maxi Gomez and Mitrovic but neither will be cheap.
  • I know there is a risk buying from the championship, but I'd like I see us take a chance on Tammy abraham

Think hes a very good player and at 21 can improve
  • edited May 2019
    Be interesting to see how Chelsea approach their transfer ban. Higuain's loan coming to and end, and Giroud likely to be off unless he's guaranteed more playing time. Might they want Abraham back?
  • edited May 2019
    Plus Hazard on his way, Chelsea are looking decidedly short of options up front.

Can't see them selling Abrahams.
  • edited May 2019
    They could actually have a pretty decent young side next season: Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Abraham

Not sure that's good enough to win anything, but unlike Chelsea to have young talent in the side.
  • Plus Hazard on his way, Chelsea are looking decidedly short of options up front.

Can't see them selling Abrahams.

Don't they still have Batman to return from palace on loan ?
  • I think they can keep Higuain because of the loan deal, so can only see one of them staying, personally
  • Łukasz Fabiański
    Winston Reid
    Aaron Cresswell
    Fabián Balbuena
    Pablo Zabaleta
    Marko Arnautović
    Felipe Anderson
    Andy Carroll
    Manuel Lanzini
    Robert Snodgrass
    Adrián
    Pedro Obiang
    Carlos Sánchez
    Mark Noble (captain)
    Javier Hernández
    Samir Nasri
    Jack Wilshere
    Andriy Yarmolenko
    Angelo Ogbonna
    Issa Diop
    Ryan Fredericks
    Arthur Masuaku
    Lucas Pérez
    Michail Antonio
    Xande Silva
    Nathan Holland
    Declan Rice
    Grady Diangana
    Ben Johnson
    Conor Coventry
    Jordan Hugill
    Sam Byram
    Toni Martínez
    Edimilson Fernandes
    Josh Cullen
    Reece Oxford
    Oladapo Afolayan
    Marcus Browne
    Martin Samuelsen
    Moses Makasi
    Joe Powell
    Sead Hakšabanović

Who stays. Who goes ?
  • I agree Grey

But I do think that he hasn't pushed on and it would suit all parties to move him on

Yeah that's exactly right. It's so irritating that no one can just say that though. It has to be his attitude that he hasn't pushed on. Why isn't it Cullen's attitude? Why wasn't it Elliot Lee's attitude? No one has ever brought up a single, solid piece of evidence that Oxford's a problem. He clearly wanted to get into the first team for a bit but there's not much difference between that and Rice wanted bigger wages, before he'd really proven himself. Oxford's biggest problem is probably that he's come up at a similar time to Rice.

• When do released players typically get announced?
  • Yeold I'll bite

Keep
    Łukasz Fabiański

Fabián Balbuena 
    Pablo Zabaleta 
    Issa Diop 
    Ryan Fredericks 
    Arthur Masuaku 
    Ben Johnson 
    Winston Reid or Ogbonna (only 1)

Declan Rice 
    Manuel Lanzini 
    Robert Snodgrass 
    Mark Noble (captain) 
    Jack Wilshere 
    Carlos Sánchez 

Marko Arnautović 
    Felipe Anderson
    Andriy Yarmolenko 
    Michail Antonio 
    Xande Silva 
    Nathan Holland 
    Grady Diangana 

Loan
    Conor Coventry 
    Oladapo Afolayan 
    Marcus Browne
    Joe Powell
    Sead Hakšabanović

Sell
    Aaron Cresswell 
    Andy Carroll 
    Adrián 
    Pedro Obiang 
    Javier Hernández 
    Samir Nasri 
    Lucas Pérez 
    Jordan Hugill 
    Sam Byram 
    Toni Martínez 
    Edimilson Fernandes
    Josh Cullen 
    Reece Oxford
    Martin Samuelsen
    Moses Makasi

I'd be surprised if we managed to shift all of the players in the sell section but I wouldn't mind if they did
  • As far as I am aware, the following development squad players are out of contract:

Vashon Neufville, Josh Cullen, Moses Makasi, Joe Powell, Toni Martinez, Josh Pask, Tunji Akinola, Ajibola Alese, Mason Barrett, Conor Coventry, Noha Sylvestre, Bernardo Rosa, Anthony Scully, Jahmal Hector-Ingram
  • Masuaku being linked with Spurs, Dortmund & Fiorentina according to the Sun.
  • Lukerz said:

Masuaku being linked with Spurs, Dortmund & Fiorentina according to the Sun.

Weird
  • Spurs can have him for 35 m :whistle:
This discussion has been closed.