Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Spurs will probably offer Rose and expect 35m from us...
  • Don't like Rose. He's done ok as a player this season but he seems to constantly moan.
  • Which is why Spurs will.... etc. ;)
  • Ham

Although he has spoken openly about his mental health issues, so maybe should get cut a bit of slack?
  • Grey, like Deeney :whistle:
  • edited May 2019
    C&H report (I know) we have signed a deal to sign a Colombian midfielder from Flamengo called Choque :hmm:
  • Bubbles

Has Deeney discussed his mental health issues? I haven't seen anything about that.
  • Claims the deal is done, but won't sign until after the Copa America.

Google translate suggest he is getting 2m euros of gloves... (luva means fee or payment as well according to Collins)
  • Does that say €28mil

That seems wrong surely.... especially if we wont get him until January
  • Its a claim by a South American journalist called Choque that we've signed Colombian midfielder Cuéllar Gallego (26yo DM).

He picked up 8 yellows and 3 straight reds in 34 appearances last season.

Maybe Cuellar translated from Spanish is John and Gallego is Moncur...
  • This rumour has been doing the rounds across social media.

He only has 4 caps for Colombia so a work permit may be an issue, and by all accounts he's being kept out of the national team by Carlos Sanchez.

Make of that what you will.

But yeah, that seems like a lot of money (more than our original budget if you believe various sources) so I'm not convinced by any of it.
  • edited May 2019
    Was gonna say Choque doesn't look like a baller!

Guellar had a fair shot on him on YouTube
  • edited May 2019
    While I'm all for removing the stigma of mental illness, I think reporting sometimes lacks nuance.

There's a difference between a clinical diagnosis of mental illness, and someone having 'issues' although the press tends to not make much of a distinction.

(This isn't particularly directed at Try Deeney, nor is in intended to make light of those who experience emotional anguish or unhappiness.)
  • Ham

Although he has spoken openly about his mental health issues, so maybe should get cut a bit of slack?

Grey I was talking about on the field. Asking for fouls moaning at ref etc...
  • I hear Vincent is leaving city and that we may be linked

I hear lots of things

I see dead people, all around us like regular people...
  • edited May 2019
    McH

As long as you don't start seeing clowns...

• I see one!! Heeeeelp
  • edited May 2019
    McHammer said:

When do released players typically get announced?

Not sure, but transfer window dates are here https://www.premierleague/news/1220224

{edit - I've just read elsewhere that the clubs will announce their retained/released lists over the next few days... 3rd Saturday in May is the deadline, acc to PL website}

And at the bottom of this article, links to FAQs like how many loans allowed and what about work permits ... https://www.premierleague.com/news/1213395
  • EPL fixtures to be announced on 13th June.
  • edited May 2019
    IronHerb said:

EPL fixtures to be announced on 13th June.

Yeah, but we still have to wait until the 10th of August to the kick off :weep:

I didn't want it to end this year with that finish we had
  • Man City away.

Nailed on.
  • Oh, and Ex seems to have dismissed the Cuellar stories.
  • Good

I'm all for finding the next Balbuena from a 'weak' league, but balbuena didnt cost £25mil

Too risky for that type of money
  • For every Balbuena you have a Valencia, Barrera and Ilan.

(I personally liked Ilan but yknow)
  • Ilan was pretty decent. I'll never forget his flying header against Everton.

Guillermo Franco was handy, too.

But yeah, for that reported fee it would be too big a risk.
  • Franco :bowdown:
  • Sky saying oxford to Augsburg for £3 million
  • :nonono:
This discussion has been closed.