Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Yeah I'd wait and see on Wolves. They could easily be doing a Burnley

Or a Huddersfield
  • Lukerz,

That's surely the point we haven't pushed on since the Payet season? :ok:
  • Why is the Payet season our benchmark...I mean we weren't exactly making 7th our own, jeez we were barely mid table the previous seasons

Also that season Chelsea finished 10th...Liverpool 8th...and Leicester created the biggest underdog story of all

Let's not act like that was a normal season
  • edited April 2019
    While I agree SOME games we have played really well, but IMO there have been many more games where we have played so badly, like our defence have never played together or even are defenders...
    Its all good and well saying under Pelle we are playing attractive football, but doesnt IMO help if its only a 1/3 of the games, inconsistency is our season personified IMO.

I'll give Pelle the benfit of doubt, for now, next season, no way, regardless of injuries, let's be real we have always suffered on the injury front, so cannot use that same old story.. And he has had a transfer budget that no other manager had, and still decided to buy a useless player like Carlos Sanchez....
    I'm yet to be convinced with our manager, yeh give him 3 years and lets see, where under Billic, he did not get that luxury...Only time will tell...
  • Wolves are mega money backed. The chances of us finishing 7th are diminishing with richer owners joining the league and our reeling on spending.
  • Generally I look forward to going to games more this season than the previous two as the football has been better to watch if not the results. I think Pelle given time will get us a bit more consistent and I am looking forward to see what players he brings in during the summer . I don't get the thinking that we should be automatically getting better each year and every team is trying to do that, the competition for players is increasing with emerging countries like China /Turkey spending, clubs like Fulham/Wolves spending a £100m. I want us to stick with a manager for awhile most successful clubs have long term managers who can shape a team with the players they want Spurs/Liverpool have got better the longer the managers have been there Man U under Ferguson etc. Give Pelle some time I think next season will be an improvement.

• I'm yet to be convinced with our manager, yeh give him 3 years and lets see, where under Billic, he did not get that luxury...Only time will tell...

He kind of did. He was in his third season when he was sacked, after more than a season of being pretty bad. A lot of people really wanted him to do well.

It’s frustrating that we’re inconsistent. But being consistently good is what would make us a top 6 team. So it’s kind of hard to expect from us right now.
  • edited April 2019
    I don't think Pelle is a bad manager, but he is from what I hear one of the highest paid managers in the league and is the highest paid manager of West Ham of all time.

I think he was undermined by the owners over the Arnie situation, It very much felt Pelle wanted to sideline or sell him not cave in and offer him a bumper contract to do nothing these past few months.

Not sure on bringing in through youth, like every manager before Bilic / Moyes / Allardyce it was more forced due to injuries than to pick them because they had it on merit. Had we had a full contingent of players I really doubt Diangana gets a look in at all.

But as with the previous managers we have had wildly inconsistent performances we turn up against Arsenal then flat line against Brighton. We battle against Liverpool then bow out to Cardiff. We smashed past Man United and crumble to Burnley.

For me when I look at this season its no difference performance wise to the above managers, the only saving grace is the style of football he is trying to bring in. But he hasn't got the best out of the players available I do not think as with previous managers and he hasn't got players willing to turn up to every game not just the top 6 (take a look at me big clubs) games.

He might need time to imprint his philosophy but it need constant 100m spends. The promise was us banging on the European door and I don't think we are getting anywhere close. The money needs to be there to not have to take punts on injury prone players like Wilshire and the money needs to be there to get in talent who can and will play at a high level over a number of games.
  • Rumour on sky sports Oxford to Augsburg £8 million can’t help but feel that could be a giveaway
  • Oxford hasn't started for Augsburg since he got a straight red back in February, he started three times before that and they lost all three.

I don't reckon anyone is going to pay more than £8m for him, he's obviously not part of Pellegrini's plans so take the money.
  • Would like a sell on fee, still a possibility that he can become every good player

But think £8mil for all parties is a good deal
  • ASLEF

He started one game for them since his red, and they lost 4-0 (though he got taken off after 27 minutes for a striker when they were 1-0 down)

In his 4 starts they have conceded 19 goals.

It's fair to say he hasn't really set the Bundesliga alight.
  • Yep, something not quite right there. Seemed such a prospect too. Maybe someone will get an 8M bargain in the future. Maybe it'll be a Ravel scenario
  • Thanks alderz, I had a quick look at his stats and assumed that 27 mins meant he was brought on as a sub. Mea Cupla.
  • Luton might take him..... it's where all our not quite good enough kids seem to end up.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yep, something not quite right there. Seemed such a prospect too. Maybe someone will get an 8M bargain in the future. Maybe it'll be a Ravel scenario

Why do you think that? Any evidence?
  • I agree someone could have a bargain, but on reflection I am happy with 8M in the kitty for the summer already.
  • edited April 2019

Bazshuayi said:

Yep, something not quite right there. Seemed such a prospect too. Maybe someone will get an 8M bargain in the future. Maybe it'll be a Ravel scenario

Why do you think that? Any evidence?
    The fact that hes been watched in the reserves for a time and didnt seem to ever make a match day squad even when injuries were leaving the squad bare. He's not pulled up any trees on loan either. I think if Pelle or anyone else overseeing had seen the right attitude and progress then he would've been challenging for a holding MF or CB position etc...
  • Not a transfer as such, but Zaba is staying for next season :clap:
  • Good stop gap, started the season fantastically but couldn't maintain it

Assume that means no new RB
  • Would assume so Champo. Fredericks is likely to be our starting right back for the last two games and will hopefully have a good pre-season.

Not sure where this leaves Byram though :hmm:
  • Think byrams time is up

Hes recently back from injuries and is playing well in the championship which should enable us to get a bit more money for him then we would've

Unfortunately his injury record means he cannot be relied upon
  • Byram has got one year left on his contract so sell him to a Champo side, that seems to be his level. Won't get much though...
  • I would like to give a shout for Josh Cullen and Marcus Browne. Both had a good season (barring injuries) and from what I have seen were way above the competition in League 1. If they do well in preseason they can then push on and make the first team squad.
  • Good news about Holland.
    Hope he makes the break through to the 1st team next season.
  • I see that Andy Carroll has bought Rod Stewart’s Essex mansion so is obviously not planning to move up north. It has a full sized pitch so plenty of room for him to injure himself there.
  • I see that Andy Carroll has bought Rod Stewart’s Essex mansion so is obviously not planning to move up north. It has a full sized pitch so plenty of room for him to injure himself there.

About the only place he'll get a game.
  • I didn't think Billi Mucklow would want to swap TOWIE for Geordie Shore.

Seems this was reported back at the end of March but I missed it.
  • Heathrow
    Good news about Holland.
    Hope he makes the break through to the 1st team next season.

Please don't mention "break" in any meaning whatsoever, 'cos you just know what will happen. :nonono:
This discussion has been closed.