Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Le10 Sport in France says Lyon are interested in Edimilson Fernandes as a replacement for Tanguy Ndombele who is linked with a £70m move to Man U.
  • Just watching the PL show on BBC2 a good feature on our new training ground..

They interviewed Collison and asked him who the next player to step up to the senior team will be.

He said Nathan Holland, can play either wing and as a number 10...

That would be a nice addition to the squad.
  • Le10 Sport in France says Lyon are interested in Edimilson Fernandes as a replacement for Tanguy Ndombele who is linked with a £70m move to Man U.

I suppose we could let them spend their 70m on him!
  • We'll hold out for 75M surely :thumbsup:
  • It’s a shame that Nathan Holland has had a couple of injuries, stopping his progression.
  • Nathaniel Clyne's name has popped up a lot. Still a good player but will be a nice replacement for Andy in the treatment room.
  • Nathaniel Clyne's name has popped up a lot. Still a good player but will be a nice replacement for Andy in the treatment room.

I thought that was why we signed Wilshere. :hmm:
  • You have to conclude that our treatment team have instigated a buddy policy hoping it aids recovery ;)
  • How treatment team would win the treatment team premier league and cup double hands down
  • edited April 2019
    The Irish Independent claim Man Utd are going to make a bid of around the £50m mark for Declan Rice this summer & his advisors are more than aware of their interest.
  • Lukerz said:

The Irish Independent claim Man Utd are going to make a bid of around the £50m mark for Declan Rice this summer & his advisors are more than aware of their interest.

He has a worth £80 million
  • What does “more than aware” mean?

My friend said I was “more than invited” to his wedding and I asked him what that meant and he said “well, it just means invited”.
  • edited April 2019
    More than invited? :hmm:

Did he tell you to dress smartly, in black and white, in a waistcoat perhaps? Maybe he’s inviting you to be the waiter at the reception...
  • alderz said:

What does “more than aware” mean?

My friend said I was “more than invited” to his wedding and I asked him what that meant and he said “well, it just means invited”.

Technically, it could mean they don’t just know about the interest but are actively considering it or their response (or more). Or it could just be people speaking in stupid ways.
  • According to none-too-bad pundit and ex-Hammer Scott Minto, Real Madrid have been speaking to Rice's family about a potential move.

Pretty sure that's tapping up, but if they come in with a £50m bid, hard to see the Dave's turning it down.
  • I couldn’t care less if Rice’s family move to Madrid as long as Declan stays with us.
  • edited April 2019
    I don't think they will even entertain a 50m bid. I have already mentioned on the Rice thread that he will in my view attract offers of around 80m -100m if you give it a year or two. At that sum I think we may cash in but he is worth more than 50m now due to his age. It's not really likely he has reached his peak which will likely arise in 3 or 4 years time. He could, and it is a big could, but he could easily be as good as Rio, and I will say it quietly, even as good as Bobby!!!!! There I have said it...

I must confess at this point that other than a few clips I never actually saw Bobby Moore play and so couldn't comment on whether he really was head and shoulders above all else or whether being the Captain of that particular squad in 66 has created a legend. Even leaving Bobby aside if he can be as good as Rio he will have a career to look forward to.

My own hope is that he is simply not for sale this summer and we splash the cash and really try and become a team he thinks he can win something with. If there was a time to go for it it's now. We had a previous moment when we left the Boleyn but didn't take it, I think this time we will have a good go. The owners demonstrated last season end that they didn't want to walk away after the protests and instead spent and hired, I think they will be aware they are not getting any younger and of they want to be the ones to put us on the map it will be now. We have a good manager a good squad to build upon and a potentially world class player in Declan Rice. Gotta be worth a push.
  • If we're going to look at young Championship players, we may as well just buy Norwich. They've got some quality young players on show tonight. Lewis at left back, Godfrey at centre back, Aarons in midfield.

Would welcome all of those at West Ham.
  • Better hurry up because soon they going to be premier league players
  • I'm always wary about getting too many Championship players. Put them all in your team and you have ... a Championship team.
  • Rumour is that next year we will get more decisions for than against, need to sign up a ref
  • Rumour is we will only have £30m to spend in the summer. Anymore will depend on player sales.
  • We have 28 players who could be in our squad next season last time I checked, excluding young players like Nathan Holland, who could break into the team next year. We need to sell players.
  • Young players don’t count towards squad numbers.
  • edited April 2019
    Hamstew said:

Rumour is we will only have £30m to spend in the summer. Anymore will depend on player sales.

I can't see player sales bringing in too much. Our most valuable assets are, IMO, Rice, Anderson and Diop. Sell any of them and I think the owners will be in trouble again.

Arnautovic's value has plummeted since January and we'd be lucky to get our money back on him, and the rest of the squad really aren't the players to attract big money.

Antonio may get £15-18m, but can we afford to let him go? Masuaku may get £10m, but can we replace (and improve on) him for less than that?

Perez may bring in £5-7m, Hernandez £10m, possibly.

I just hope that our transfers in the summer are done with an element of intelligence and long-termism.
  • 30m is a Newcastle "lets try to survive budget" not a "Lets get to the next level budget"
  • Not sure if we will extend Nasri's contract, seems a massive sick note.
  • Should stay well away. We need to stop all this.
  • The rumours last year were that we would have a budget of £30m. We spent close to £100m. I suspect only the owners really know and anything else is only one rumour or another.
  • 30m is a Newcastle "lets try to survive budget" not a "Lets get to the next level budget"

It is for Newcastle because they spend it every summer.

We just spent £100m, so £30m is more like a top up on last years business.

Anyway, there will be some players moving on this summer. Rice & Arnie would basically add £100m to the budget.
This discussion has been closed.