The "I know its only September but..." transfer thread

Comments

• Andy Carroll rumoured to be signing for Reading today.

Apparently they have a bit of a striker problems at the moment, two injured including last season's top scorer, one a kid just turned 18 and the other hasn't scored in 17 appearances.

So they signed Andy to keep their two injured strikers company?
  • So if he signs they will have 3 injured strikers ,Kind of a perfect hat trick =)
  • Do hope he scores a boatload for them
  • I liked him. He was unstoppable on his day. Alas his injuries made " his day" too few. I feel sorry for his wasted promise.
  • Turkish sports paper Fanatik reckon Trabzonspor want Yarmolenko in January to replacement for Ivorian striker Gervinho who has ruptured his cruciate ligaments last month.
  • According to an Instagram account I follow, Ex has linked us to: Jesse Lingard (shock), Andrea Belotti (out of contract in the summer) and Todd Cantwell (also out of contract in the summer). One of these is not like the others.
  • I have an irrational hatred of Cantwell
  • alderz said:

According to an Instagram account I follow, Ex has linked us to: Jesse Lingard (shock), Andrea Belotti (out of contract in the summer) and Todd Cantwell (also out of contract in the summer). One of these is not like the others.

• He's the kind of player that every team he doesn't play for will hate. He's niggly and disruptive, but he has a bit of skill about him too. I wouldn't be adverse to getting him tbh.
  • okay we are 3rd .should be looking to do better then cantwell
  • Will he run til he drops? Will he take on 50-50 tackles? Has he a good level of skill? Will he change his haircut? Three out of four is pretty good ....😉
  • He's the kind of player that every team he doesn't play for will hate. He's niggly and disruptive, but he has a bit of skill about him too. I wouldn't be adverse to getting him tbh.

I actually don't mind him, but his form has dropped off a cliff and he struggles to get into the Norwich side these days. He started the first three games, came on a sub in the next two, and since then has only played sporadically for the U23s.
  • He just came across as arrogant when he had that little burst of good form, the way he celebrated certain team goals by himself where all he’d done was tap it in irritated me. Also one time he tried to fight Mark Noble - unforgivable.
  • "Also one time he tried to fight Mark Noble - unforgivable."

Outcast, when was that? Can't imagine it would have ended well for him.
  • "Also one time he tried to fight Mark Noble - unforgivable."

Outcast, when was that? Can't imagine it would have ended well for him.

It was very brief during one of our games the last time they went off. It wasn’t much but like I said, my dislike of him is quite irrational.
  • My fear is that Man Utd ask a £5m loan fee but refuse to allow him join us as we are competition, favouring instead Newcastle, Everton or Leicester. Lingard could play bluff and refuse anyone other than ourselves which would mean if it did happen it would be the end of the window, and quite possibly United would still refuse depending on how much of a threat we are at that time. From our point of view we need him at the beginning of the window to fill in for Benrhama.
  • edited November 2021
    We've got Vlasic, Lanzini and - at the moment - Yarmolenko to fill in for Benrahma

I imagine Lingard will want to go on loan to whichever club he's hoping to sign for in the summer (its going to be Everton) and we're fine for attacking midfielders/wingers
  • He’s not coming here
  • Lukerz said:

He’s not coming here

I bet you the cost of a private jet from Jamaica to London that he is.
  • I think he is.
  • According to his brother the comments from “some” of our fans about not wanting him back haven’t gone down too well & will be borne in mind when he decides on his next club. So watch this space?
  • if his brother is put off by a few fans on social media, he needs to take a chill pill, we are the best club to suit his needs as a player and he will be great for us and us for him
  • edited November 2021
    I would say it's a 33% chance between us Everton and Newcastle. We would be his first choice but Man Utd will want to allow him to us least, he may get most money from Newcastle but may not fancy a relegation scrap, so Everton or even Leicester may be where he ends up.

We do have Vlasik, Lanzini and Yaramlenko but unfortunately none of them have come close to the impact Lingard had in his brief spell.
  • if his brother is put off by a few fans on social media, he needs to take a chill pill, we are the best club to suit his needs as a player and he will be great for us and us for him

Everton just 30 minutes from his £3m home in Cheshire

We do have Vlasik, Lanzini and Yaramlenko but unfortunately none of them have come close to the impact Lingard had in his brief spell.

Benrahma didn't have much impact in his first season but has been excellent this season, Vlasic could be the same
  • I have no back up for it but I dont think for a second he will go to Everton
  • I thought Leicester were keen
  • Ogbonna out for the season does Moyes dip into the market ?
  • Yeold, Yes that is the plan according to the media. =)
  • Ogbonna out for the season does Moyes dip into the market ?

Wouldn't shock me to see him go in for Tarkowski in January. That said, if we're doing ok with Zouma, Dawson & Diop, we might see Baptiste getting on the bench every now and then instead.

Oggy will be 34 when he's back. There's a real chance he won't be the player he was before the injury, which is a massive blow.
This discussion has been closed.