The "I know its only September but..." transfer thread

Comments

• I’m pretty neutral on Tarkowski - good player currently playing in a poor team. He may not get straight into our team right now. Could end up being a highly-paid bench warmer. Would it be good for us?

Maybe better to give Baptiste a chance as fourth choice, but this may leave us short for any cup runs if he doesn’t hit the ground running.

……..and any transfer would mean we’d have to listen to Sean Dyche speak, which in itself is probably a good reason not to go there!😀
  • It would be a risk with only 3 centre backs and potentially a heavy fixture list, but ideally I would like to get to the summer before addressing the centre back issue regard Oggie. I would take Tarkowski if we could get a bargain but I think there will be competition for him so that's unlikely. Burnley know to keep him will make a big difference to them staying up so will only let him go for a good price that they can re-invest.
  • C&H reckon Baptiste will step up to fill the Oggy sized space in the first team

https://www.claretandhugh.info/academy-prospect-to-save-irons-window-cash-splash/
  • What a dross site.
  • Mrs G, Three other sites have the same story. 😀
  • Mrs G, Three other sites have the same story. 😀

Yes...are they copying it from each other? Or from the same single source?

Just because more than one site repeats the same rumour doesn't make it more valid.

However, my criticism of the site was more to do with other things that I noticed as I had a quick browse. For example, a unique interpretation of what 'exclusive' means, in reporting terms. It's all clickbait stuff and grotty advertising.
  • If Masuaku isn't a LB option now, and it seems he isn't, then we need another LB. Playing Johnson there isn't good for him or us. He's ok defensively but he's not fully comfortable going forward.

That and a striker are important because we basically have only no option in those positions.
  • Completely agree. And If Mausaku isn't seen as a LB option, then a decision needs to be made on whether he's sufficiently able to impact the game a winger, or do we need to ship him out. If he is seen as a winger now, then I guess we shouldn't be pursuing any other AM/WG options until getting rid of someone.
  • We definitely need a pacy option who can carry the ball and I think he actually offers that quite well but needs to be fully put into that role, not in this in between place he's in. When he dribbles with the ball, no matter how tight the space, I don't really expect him to lose it. We really do need an out bag so either use him as that and forgot the defensive side or sell him for what we can and make space for an LB and pacy attacker.
  • I thought he was good v Vienna and don't feel it's fair to judge him based on a rare start at the Etihad and 15 minutes v Brighton. Hard to fully acclimatise to a successful team in games like that.
  • Big if, but if Zouma is out for the season, who should we go for in January? Ake's been linked recently, and apparently Joe Rodon wants out of Spurs as he's not getting a kick, so that may be an option (although it's Spurs, so probably not)
  • Tarkowski
  • Nathan Ake has been rumoured, and he cmon play on the left, whilst Tarkowski has only played on the right at Burnley
  • KUMB have it down as Zouma doing his ACL in and out for the season. Both first choice CBs out for the season is going to be a big hit for us.
  • C&H says the scan was inconclusive. Pays your money......
  • edited December 2021
    If they say too much the price for Tarkowski goes up, regardless of scan I would say publicly out for around a month at this point.
  • Ale might be more possible on a loan as well right?
  • Are things that bad in UK you cant buy Ale now????
  • ExWHU has confirmed it's a ligament injury but not a full on ACL

Early estimates say he will be out for between 3 and 4 months

Massive blow, he also says the club are looking at a CB in Jan
  • edited December 2021
    Bazshuayi said:

Are things that bad in UK you cant buy Ale now????

Baz, to be fair, he did say you might be able to get it on loan. What you'd do with it on loan, I don't know - stare lovingly at it? =)
  • edited December 2021
    Zouma will be out for up to 12 weeks with a hamstring (Guardian)

So the ITK on KUMB who claimed it was an ACL is not ITK.
  • So ,what we appear to know is that nobody really knows
  • Club have confirmed he suffered a hamstring tendon injury and hope he’ll be back this season. Johnson also suffered a hamstring injury.
  • I wonder how much Moyes will be given and whether he now sees a central defender more of a priority than a striker?
  • Yeah, the need for a CB is fairly real, but I would be very disappointed if we didn't target another striking option. I'd rather spend our money on a striker and bring in a loan CB to provide some cover - unless Dawson and Diop prove to be a disaster together
  • Can Lingard play CB?
  • Nat Philips would be a good option, especially if we can loan him with an option

Was arguably MOTM both times we played then last year but has barely had a look in with VVD, Matip, Gomez and now Konate

Not left footed/sided though
  • edited December 2021
    So far this season Nat Phillips has played...

90 minutes for the U23s against Bolton in the EFL trophy
    45 minutes against Preston in the League Cup
    1minute against Atletico Madrid in the Champions League

I think he would welcome the opportunity to get some playing time
This discussion has been closed.