Managerial Merry Go Round

edited November 2020 in Other Players & Staff
We used to have a routine 'predict who gets the chop 1st' part of our new season predictions, but I couldn't find one for this year. Sorry if I've overlooked it.

I'm just wondering... will Slav be first to get the heave-ho?

#loveSlav #andallthat

Comments

• I think it could be Slav or Parker and I don't think Solskjaer is that safe either.
  • Slav for me,To bad love the guy .But they looked pretty bad today
  • Slav for me
  • Meant to say West Brom next two spuds then Man City
  • olly olly olly, for the pooch
  • Sacking Slav or Parker makes no sense, neither West Brom or Fulham are going to attract a replacement who is going to get better performances from what are basically Championship teams.

For that matter I'm not sure Burnley could do better than Dyche or Sheffield Utd better than Wilder.
  • Slav sadly with trusted Big Sam or the return of Pullis.
  • I can see West Brom going for Pearson.
  • Sacking Slav or Parker makes no sense, neither West Brom or Fulham are going to attract a replacement who is going to get better performances from what are basically Championship teams.

For that matter I'm not sure Burnley could do better than Dyche or Sheffield Utd better than Wilder.

It might not make sense, but let’s be honest, at least a couple of these will happen regardless
  • It depends if Man Utd still have the ability to be tempting to a manager of Pocchs standards, if so I think they would swap in time for January. However Pocch may be looking at the Barca job now.
  • St Brendan for United......
  • Moyes back at Utd = =) =) )
  • It depends if Man Utd still have the ability to be tempting to a manager of Pocchs standards, if so I think they would swap in time for January. However Pocch may be looking at the Barca job now.

he wont go there due to his time at the big rivals espanol
  • Financially I bet he will
  • I think its more a case that Barca fans wouldn't be happy with an ex-Espanyol manager and player taking charge
  • Thought Barca was in financial difficulties... I'm secretly hoping they do a Leeds and implode. To me, Manchester (either club) makes more sense for him.
  • So Matt Beard has left the post of manager of the womens team by mutual agreement. If West Ham United can't attract or afford the top players both sides will always not quite achieve what we may hope for. Manchester United have been running for less time than us & are top of the league. They aren't the only ones to have brought in some of the US womens players to play at the start of this season even Tottenham have Alex Morgan. The England team is littered with players from Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester teams, we have 2 & one of those is on loan but credit where it's due that is still progress from a year back when there were none. Patience is what is needed I suppose as we simply can't just throw money at it but it's still a shame.
  • Spurs ladies managers have gone too
  • Anyone know (ASLEF PERHAPS ) The longest number of games at the start of a prem season before a manager is sacked ,8 games in and no one gone yet
  • The late Ian Porterfield was the latest in the season to be sacked by Chelsea in February 1993.
  • Indeed, 15 February 1993 Ian Porterfield, the first manager to get sacked from the Premier League

After that its Roy McFarland who was sacked by Bolton Wanderers on 2nd January 1996 and was the only PL manager to get the boot that season

1991-92 1st Division no one was sacked/quit until Terry Butcher was given his marching orders by Coventry City on 6th January

If you want to go further than that I'm going to have to do some serious digging and some of us still have work to do
  • Thanks ASLEF your a star
  • Can see a few clubs looking at the Moyes contract situation with interest. Wouldn’t be too expensive to get the whole coaching staff of us.
  • Stop wumming IBL.
  • What on earth is wumming?
  • ibl, wumming - derived from WUM (Wind Up Merchant).
    Amazed you haven't come across it before. =)
  • Winding up comments
  • I’m sure he knows
  • Cuz1 said:

I’m sure he knows

Yeah, just being a WUM

>:)
  • Can we be careful about not getting too personal, or ganging up on people, please. Stay on the right side of the line :-)
This discussion has been closed.