Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Celtic is a big club but a poisonous chalice, my guess he will stay as on a high
  • He wouldn’t be able to leave on any particular high if he left right now. As of right now he is pretty much a version of last season’s Chris Wilder

If however progress is sustained into next season of course, then it is different matter IMO. Quite a few managers have had great one off seasons.
  • I agree baracks. I think he’s partially restored his reputation but not properly and he’ll want to sort that.
  • If he goes I would go for Slavia Pragues manager!

• He wouldn’t be able to leave on any particular high if he left right now. As of right now he is pretty much a version of last season’s Chris Wilder

If however progress is sustained into next season of course, then it is different matter IMO. Quite a few managers have had great one off seasons.

So his Everton career doesn't count?
  • Of course. But he might want to show that he still is that manager, that what he achieved with Everton is the level of manager he was in the Premier League, not the disappointments that he came to be known for afterwards.
  • There have been 8 years and four not exactly outstanding managerial stints between Everton and his 2nd coming at West Ham so I would render whatever he did at Everton as not overly relevant.
  • I think it is relevant to his overall legacy but I don’t think many remember it well.
  • Personally I don't see him leaving.
  • If he does go,Then looks like the special one will be looking for a new job soon so a ready made replacement right there =)
  • steve said:

If he does go,Then looks like the special one will be looking for a new job soon so a ready made replacement right there =)

I'd rather have a Bounty
  • IronHerb said:

Personally I don't see him leaving.

Yes I agree with that
  • The special one seems to occupy a curious position now. In the past you always had the odd player who could come in and whose personality was disruptive to the dressing room that he could break a team, Ballotelli, Barton, the french guy who I think played for Arsenal and City? it appears Mourinho is now that personality himself!
  • Daniel Levy sitting on the bog, pondering who can save Tottenhams season..... "Damn, if only BFS was available "
  • edited March 2021
    Breath easy, Chris Wilder is odds on favourite, followed by current Celtic caretaker manger John Kennedy 5/2 and Roy Keane 6/1

Moyes is a 66/1 outsider along with Slaven Bilic and Sven Goren Eriksson
  • Who’d have thought that this time last year people were moaning that we were going backwards by appointing Moyes again and now there’s a worry that he might leave.
  • That's the fickleness thorn.
  • Who’s have thought Moyes would have us on the edge of a Champion’s League place?

Moyes did not really show any of what he has now in his first stint.
  • Oh he did. He got the squad fitter and coached the players, e.g. Arnie, to better things.
  • I was amazed Moyes gave S&G a second chance
  • That’s very limited compared to what we have done under him now. Perhaps he could’ve done it with more time then but it’s not fickleness. For most of his time our win % was not much better, or at all, than under Bilic. Who not long earlier had given us one of our best seasons but most were happy to see gone.
  • Moyes in his first stint got us fitter and got an awful lot out of Arnie. However we were still a soft touch in many games and there were quite a few comfortable beatings.

This time round he has actually made us very hard to beat. That’s a big difference in the second stint (so far) compared to the first.
  • Additionally, in his first stint, his transfers in the first Jan window were Hugill and no-namerz who basically added nothing to the first team squad at all

The second time round it was Randy, Soucek and Bowen, all of whom improved our squad strength massively.
  • Don’t think fickle and myself match lol
  • I can't believe Keane is even being considered. The phrase mellowing with age is never going to apply to him. Starts on a Monday gives a good team talk about working hard and winning starts to go red by Thursday because no one is bleeding in training and starts a fight on Sunday and leaves on Monday.
  • All that means is that someone in Bangkok has put a large bet on Keane and the bookies have shortend the odds.
  • Additionally, in his first stint, his transfers in the first Jan window were Hugill and no-namerz who basically added nothing to the first team squad at all

The second time round it was Randy, Soucek and Bowen, all of whom improved our squad strength massively.

Baracks, how could you forget Coufal?
  • BND, Don’t worry Vlad will go around later on and have a word with Baracks. 😁
  • Both: please hold off grassing me up to Vlad

The transfer windows I was referring to were the January ones just after Moyes arrived in stint 1 and stint 2
  • ....he says desperately trying to placate Vlad. 😂
This discussion has been closed.