Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• edited April 2021
    Mourinho has gone
  • They won't be able to replace him as who knows whether they will have any fixtures next season ...
  • Sacked just days before a cup final he got them to, their first in quite a while. Not a huge fan of Mourinho but that is cold.

And really lessens their chances of winning it, as they surely won't have a new manager in place by then.
  • Apparently he refused to take the players training in protest of the super league.
  • Jorderz, We can only hope so. Nagelsman in the summer they are reporting.
  • He's probably been paid more in pay-offs than he's actually earned managing

Wish I could get a job like that
  • Dodger58 said:

Apparently he refused to take the players training in protest of the super league.

Yes this is certainly the rumour doing the rounds.
  • Dodger58 said:

Apparently he refused to take the players training in protest of the super league.

He's gone up 10,000% in my estimation if so. Well done that man.
  • I wonder who is the most sacked manager in the Premier League?

Moroniho has been sacked four times, by Spurs, by Man U and by Chelsea twice,
  • Pardew also has 4 doesn’t he?
  • What about Moyes?
  • Moyes wasn’t sacked by either Everton or West Ham?
  • Dodger58 said:

This adds to my hatred of the spuds
  • Dodger58 said:

I really hope this is the reason, but as far as I can see it's come from one random Twitter account with no real clout, so I suspect it's more to do with them being mostly rubbish this season.
  • I doubt if the ESL had anything to do with it.

Spurs have been on a general downward trajectory since Everton knocked them out of the FA Cup, then they got knocked out of the Europa League by Dinamo Zagreb and have slumped to 7th.

The best they can hope for is to reach the qualifying rounds of the Europa League, same as they did last season so no improvement and that after Poch got them into the Champions League four seasons in a row.

The Special One has proved rather ordinary at WHL
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/jose-mourinho-sacked-as-tottenham-manager

it's "performance based and not, contrary to some reports, the result of Mourinho refusing to take training as a protest against Spurs’s involvement in the Super League"
  • Why would they do it before the cup final though?

to divert attention from the Super league
  • I was wondering that - I came up with 2 ideas.

1. He'd get a massive bonus for winning it?
    2. They'll find it harder (PR-wise) to sack him if he won it (although I don't think this is a strong argument - Levy doesn't seem to care about that sort of thing).

It's been suggested elsewhere it's an attempt to bury bad news (the super league story).

That's what I do find very suspicious. For all his faults, there are few managers around who have won more trophies than Mourinho.

And it's not like Spurs routinely get to finals.

To have Ryan Mason in charge instead of Mourinho is crazy.
  • But they sacked Pochettino, who achieved far more.

The decisions there have always been a bit surprising imo (Remember Tim Sherwood?).
  • If it were to be true that he was sacked for an anti ESL stance then that would be typical Mourinho trying to grab the high ground before being sacked in the near future for under performing.
    As Pogba said 'he never talks about football when his team loses.' The smokescreen would be the same.
  • #GiletHype 🙌🏻
  • Maybe Levy thought that with Kane out for 2-3 weeks there was no hope of beating City in the League Cup Final or of finishing 6th, he'd already decided to ditch Moron so why prolong the agony?
  • ASLEF, I am sure it's not agony for the Arsenal, Chelsea or West Ham fans. =)
  • Dodger58 said:

10000 times nothing is still nothing 😁😁😁
  • So they brought him in largely because in spite of much else with him, he does seem to deliver trophies. So as they are about to be able to play for one, they then ditch him? Make no sense to me. Man City are going off the boil and I think they’ve got an excellent chance against them.
  • I think he did a fantastic job at the spuds, he kept them below us for the first time in ages I salute you Jose 😂😂
This discussion has been closed.