Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Makes him such a catch to any club
  • But Preston, he's got away with both. That takes some skill. 😂
  • Tuchel official. Welcome to England Mr T. I raise a glass in hope that you're useless and unemployed this time next year
  • Just seen his interview ......Seems like a nice boy =)
  • Having watched the first half, I just hope he's not going to be another Klopp, one is more than enough.
  • So, young Frank to take the helm at Bournemouth, with uncle Harry on transfers with the aid of his mobile phone and wound down car window?
  • Bournemouth are exactly the type of team to take him on. They want a team to pass the ball around all pretty and not worry about defending
  • Harry should be his assistant in his next job good man manager imo
  • If the best way to convince people that you can stand on your own feet is by hiring your very experienced uncle to help, you’ve probably made a bad choice
  • edited February 2021
    alderz said:

If the best way to convince people that you can stand on your own feet is by hiring your very experienced uncle to help, you’ve probably made a bad choice

Or an admission that after less than three years and just 141 games as a manager you still have a lot to learn?

So, young Frank to take the helm at Bournemouth, with uncle Harry on transfers with the aid of his mobile phone and wound down car window?

And a bulldog as chief scout/financial director
  • so who will will be next Klopp or the special one =)
  • It'll be interesting when Kane tells Leyy "it's me or him"
  • Kane has to leave at sometime. He deserves much better
  • This is amusing

The Daily Mirror reckons that Klopp may quit Liverpool to manage Germany if the German FA decide to sack Joachim Low. If Klopp leaves then favourite to replace him is Stephen Gerrard

Apparently some Liverpool fans are devastated at the thought of losing Klopp

Oh dear
    How sad
    Never mind

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-steven-gerrard-23577524
  • Chris Wilder is leaving the blunts
  • edited March 2021
    A Blunt through and through and I feel for him a bit. Rumours of tension between him and owner who wouldn't back him in the January transfer window, although you'd imagine
    they were all but gone by then anyway
  • It's clear they are going to be in the Championship next season, so they need a manager who knows how to manage at that level, and get them promoted.

;)
  • It must be really disconcerting for a manager if his owner(s) don't back him when he has transfers in mind to help the team improve & progress.
  • He spent about £62m (net) in the summer. (Figures from transfermarket)

Is that the owners not backing him?
  • Guess it depends on whether they were his buys or the board’s. Terrible spending, wasted on Brewster (quite a late signing from what I remember) and Ramsdale, who is rubbish IMO.
  • For a club of that size which had just been promoted, I think he was given a decent amount of support in the transfer market. Many of the signings haven’t delivered though, that’s the reality
  • Guess it depends on whether they were his buys or the board’s. Terrible spending, wasted on Brewster (quite a late signing from what I remember) and Ramsdale, who is rubbish IMO.

I think Ramsdale is ok. He makes a lot of saves, and a fair amount of mistakes, but his current and former sides have been absolutely awful defensively so it’s hard to say what he’s like as a keeper
  • My comment @ 11.48 was an extremely early dig at how much backing DM gets in the summer window before our Europa campaign begins. 🙏😁
  • The only way we will be playing in the Europa league next season is if we get knocked out of the CL early
  • NURSE!!! Covid test for baracks
  • You have to feel for Wilder, incredibly he started out as a ball boy over there, he took them from league 1 to a top 10 finish in the Premiership, certainly knows the Championship well enough and is crafty enough to have learned a lot during the past couple of years, surely they should stick with him to see if he can get them back at the first time of asking.

Just a crazy decision, but what do I know?
  • Moyes being linked with the Celtic job. Gulp
  • It's a big club with history. Is it a club that he followed as a child and he would find hard to resist? If he were to take it then I would imagine that would be his end in the premier league. He can win things in Scotland and get European football but he's not far off that here. If he's a Celtic fan then it will be hard to resist but on a professional basis the premier league is where everyone strives to be and we could be his last chance.
  • My hope is that he still wants to prove he can do big things in the premier league as a manager and that by staying with us for a few years he can show that. Of course, he could leave us on a high and quit while he’s ahead. I’m not sure if his reputation would be fully repaired after only really one season.
This discussion has been closed.