Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Bilic has got himself a new job in China 🇨🇳 now might ask him to give arnie a kick from me
  • Seems like Rafa is a free agent after leaving his role early in China

Wonder if Newcastle will be tempted to try and get him again
  • chavs my guess to babysit Frank
  • Looks like Frankie boy is getting the tin tac, to be replaced by Tommy Tuchel.
  • Tommy Tuchel 😂
  • Tommy Tickle
  • Looks like Frankie boy is getting the tin tac, to be replaced by Tommy Tuchel.

Why did I read this as ‘Rice signs new 5 year deal’?
  • I would hope Rice signs a new deal before he goes as it bumps up the price.
  • Lineker tweeted about how patience is a virtue and how football clubs never learn, so I just did some quick maths.

Since Abramovic arrived, Chelsea have won 14 major honours (Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup, Champions League, Europa League). 9 of those have been won by a manager in their first season at the club.

So if anything, Chelsea have been too patients with Frank.
  • #TopStating
  • Lukerz said:

Looks like Frankie boy is getting the tin tac, to be replaced by Tommy Tuchel.

Why did I read this as ‘Rice signs new 5 year deal’?
  • If that’s true then that’s a big plus for us.
  • But why does that even matter? They should be embarrassed enough at letting go of Salah and KDB, neither of whom was considered good enough for them.
  • You would think that after selling De Bruyne and Salah they would bite the bullet. :)
  • I think it probably is true. The Athletic is really such a good source. The whole article goes into how Lampard’s sacking has been in the making for months. They tend to not drip feed rumours but wait until something has happened and do a story with all their sources on what went wrong.

It might not be a major thing behind the sacking but it shows there isn’t the same appetite to sign Rice without Lampard. Hopefully Tuchel isn’t interested.
  • What a shame. Re Linkers comments. Is it me or are these ex pros for top clubs getting some pretty sweet gigs at starting out at a decent level. They don't seem to have to work their way up. Granted some seem to do ok.
  • He's gone!!!
  • yoyo said:

He's gone!!!

I am £15.50 richer. I'll text it to David Sullivan to contribute to the Lingard signing
  • I mean who is going to give lampard a job now.

Failed to get derby promoted and has relieved his owner of £200m only to still sit mid table
  • I’m reading The Athletic article and Lampard was really badly treated from the beginning. Not given the staff he wanted, slow to act on the signings he wanted (didn’t secure Aubemayang last Jan and didn’t agree Ziyech until Feb). They exploited the fact that they knew he wouldn’t say no to them, even though he had another good offer.
  • It'll be Interesting to see if they appoint a manager today or tomorrow and throw money at him while the windows open.
  • I mean who is going to give lampard a job now.

Failed to get derby promoted and has relieved his owner of £200m only to still sit mid table

I can't see him getting a PL job any time soon, tbh. A lot of people have commented on his tactical naivety, which would present a massive risk for a top side. I could see him going abroad.
  • I can think of many a manager out there who would like to be as “badly treated” as he was !
  • Lump money on Frank off to Celtic...
  • I can think of many a manager out there who would like to be as “badly treated” as he was !

From this article, no they wouldn’t. He didn’t choose any of those signings apart from Chilwell and Ziyech. He was paid lower than any other of their managers. They didn’t sign almost players he wanted and chose their own. Didn’t give him the back room staff he wanted. Tried to force him to play Kepa, insisting he was good enough (I think the whole world has known he wasn’t for a long time). Abramovic was swayed when he saw a table online of Lampard’s win%
  • Reckon Benetiz might come in up until the summer
  • I’m still not going to pull out the violin outcast

Why should he have been paid according to what their previous managers got? Based on his derby achievements?

As for the back room staff, Lampard is a smart, educated guy. If he didn’t have all this agreed as he was signing his contract, why on Earth did he sign it in the first place?
  • edited January 2021

I’m still not going to pull out the violin outcast

Why should he have been paid according to what their previous managers got? Based on his derby achievements?

As for the back room staff, Lampard is a smart, educated guy. If he didn’t have all this agreed as he was signing his contract, why on Earth did he sign it in the first place?

You don’t have to. But it’s a pretty bad way for a club to treat one of their legends. Just reinforces how horrible that club is. His emotional connection was exploited to get them through the transfer ban. He obviously made a load of mistakes himself.
  • Yes I would agree with that. Even as a legend you would only join them for the (eventual) pay off money.
  • Yeah maybe. The article actually says he had another job offer that was also well paid, and that he also worried that it was too early for him, so who knows. Maybe suggest a bit of ego. Should’ve realised he wasn’t ready for the job.
This discussion has been closed.