Arsenal (H) Mickey Mouse Cup 7:30pm 1st November (live on Sky)

Comments

• Port Vale or Chelski. Either of the two lower teams 🤣
  • Paqueta has a habit of turning up second half after looking like a guy who won a ‘play for your favourite club’ prize in the first.
  • Port Vale or Middlesbrough at home would be nice, but you know it will be Liverpool or Newcastle, probably away.
  • MIAHammer said:

I might be in the minority but to be honest I wasn't that impressed with Paqueta's performance tonight. Seemed to gave away the ball quite a lot and was showboating a couple of times.
    He and Alvarez will be missed in the next game though.

I agree. Great player to watch, but does seem to give the ball away a lot.

• Actually thought Paqueta put in a very decent, hard working performance, just IMO of course 👍🏻⚒️
  • Quarter final draw not till 10.45 apparently (they obviously need time to fix it so Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle avoid each other 😂🤣😂).
  • Kudus with a huge stake for a regular starting spot this weekend since Paqueta and Alvarez suspended. Think he needs regular game time. Could be another special player.
  • I don’t understand why it takes them so long to get on with the draw. It’s 8 balls and a bag.
  • edited November 2023

I don’t understand why it takes them so long to get on with the draw. It’s 8 balls and a bag.

Already answered:

Quarter final draw not till 10.45 apparently (they obviously need time to fix it so Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle avoid each other 😂🤣😂).

• If Kudus doesnt get into and stay in the league side from now on you have to wonder and seriously question why not
  • I have no idea what Rice has done to be booed. Although I would applaud him personally I can certainly understand an indifference as he is no longer a West Ham Player, but I am not sure what he did to get booed. It makes me sad as I think it really meant something to him to play for us and win that trophy and I would hate for him to have that soured by being booed.

It used to be that you would need be pictured in another teams shirt or demand a move because your uncle got sacked but now just not wanting to renew your contract seems to be enough.
  • As I said earlier morons will be morons. Those booing probably have a collective IQ lower than Rice’s shirt number. I’d rather they weren’t our fans really.
  • Liverpool away
  • Yeah, course we get Liverpool away.
  • Worst possible draw.
  • We always seem to get screwed in these draws.
  • Was unable to watch the game today, maybe I should take pass on a few more games :-)
  • Was unable to watch the game today, maybe I should take pass on a few more games :-)

See you in June 😂🤣😂.
  • Tiring time after time the draws we get.
  • Rice is responsible for our biggest ever margin of profit on a player (and most likely to keep that record for a very long time -forever). He always put in a shift and never caused anyone any grief. Now he's gone he doesnt have my affection anymore (he didnt have loads from me but plenty of respect). Booing him is very much on the pathetic side
  • Well reffed last night by Simon Hopper, credit where due IMO, not a single booking in a London derby cup game 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Bazshuayi said:

Rice is responsible for our biggest ever margin of profit on a player (and most likely to keep that record for a very long time -forever). He always put in a shift and never caused anyone any grief. Now he's gone he doesnt have my affection anymore (he didnt have loads from me but plenty of respect). Booing him is very much on the pathetic side

Don’t really get the booing, however fans can do as they please IMO.
    Many applauded him as well…..
    Is what it is in football IMO
  • Madge’s long lost son 🤣🤣🤣
  • Bazshuayi said:

Rice is responsible for our biggest ever margin of profit on a player (and most likely to keep that record for a very long time -forever). He always put in a shift and never caused anyone any grief. Now he's gone he doesnt have my affection anymore (he didnt have loads from me but plenty of respect). Booing him is very much on the pathetic side

Don’t really get the booing, however fans can do as they please IMO.
    Many applauded him as well…..
    Is what it is in football IMO
    I can only think of the booing being sour grapes from people who loved him and can't handle that he left. That said, if a child displayed that behaviour whilst I'd understand it a little, I wouldn't do so from an 'adult'.

If Brooking had left us I would've been devastated I admit. But if he returned to play against us I could never boo him and he most likely will always be my favourite ever player (and example of a decent gentleman)
  • edited November 2023
    I think you are right there Baz, I would imagine these people would be horrendous to break up from in a relationship.

I have struggled find out what tipped them to the other side regard Rice. On one hand you have a player come up as a young lad after being picked up from Chelsea, given his all at every stage and in every match I ever saw, win or lose. Went on to become Captain and led the team to our first cup since 1980. Add to this he respected his contract until the club wished to sell him, appeared foot perfect in the press and finally we received a record sum of £105m.

On the other side he refused to be a Mark Noble and commit his career to the club and had the audacity to appear enthusiastic about his new club when being asked about his move once it had happened.

I don't think reflection plays a big part in some fans day however.

I often browse our opponents forums to see how they saw the match and the Arsenal fans just couldn't work it out. One likened it to when Henry left them for Barcalona and said how he could never have been booed when he returned and was assured a hero status.
  • There was a lot of clapping too

I just wonder if the booing was a bit tongue in cheek. Kind of jokey?

We'll never know, of course.
  • Lots of people said at the time of him leaving that if he had gone abroad, like your example of Henry, it would have felt better than him going moving to a local rival. Personally, I wouldn't boo him - I don't really see the point of booing - but I also don't understand why people care so much about it, tbh.
  • As MrsGrey said, there was a lot of clapping.
    The thing with booing is that just one moron booing will be heard over 20 people clapping.