Arsenal (H) Mickey Mouse Cup 7:30pm 1st November (live on Sky)

Comments

• Ref blowing for everything for them.
  • Alderz, are you being serious as I didn't notice tha?

Yeah he had a fistful of his shirt. Given the way keepers are protected I can’t see a way that doesn’t get disallowed with VAR.
  • Watching on Sky TV - anyone might think Alan Smith used to play for Arsenal! He’s so neutral - not! ⚒
  • Watching on Sky TV - anyone might think Alan Smith used to play for Arsenal! He’s so neutral - not! ⚒

It's always the same with Sky commentators, they really shouldn't have them commentate on teams they used to play for.
  • alderz said:

It’s a good thing VAR isn’t in place because that would be a foul by Soucek on Ramsdale for the goal, IMO

I thought he was impeded by his own player.
  • MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

It’s a good thing VAR isn’t in place because that would be a foul by Soucek on Ramsdale for the goal, IMO

I thought he was impeded by his own player.
    He was, but only after Soucek dragged his shirt
  • Loose play by Kudus gave the ball away in a dangerous area there, fortunately only led to a corner that went nowhere.

It's always the same with Sky commentators, they really shouldn't have them commentate on teams they used to play for.
    The only commentator that isn’t biased towards their own former side is Tony Gale who seems to hate us!
  • Watching the antics of Arsenal reminded me of an old Steve Winwood album "Arc of the Diver". =)
  • Coufal left exposed 2 v 1 at the back post there, lucky nothing came of it.
  • alderz said:

Alderz, are you being serious as I didn't notice tha?

Yeah he had a fistful of his shirt. Given the way keepers are protected I can’t see a way that doesn’t get disallowed with VAR.
    Shirt pulling at corners seems to be part of the game these days.
  • It’s a bit difficult though when it’s mainly Carragher, Neville or Smith and the teams they show the most are Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal.
  • alderz said:

The only commentator that isn’t biased towards their own former side is Tony Gale who seems to hate us!

Yeah, he rarely has a positive word to say about us.

• edited November 2023

It’s a bit difficult though when it’s mainly Carragher, Neville or Smith and the teams they show the most are Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal.

They could always, for instance, put Carragher on Man Utd, Neville on Arsenal and Smith on Liverpool.

• It's great that we're winning, but not so great that we've not had a shot in the first 39 minutes.
  • MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

If you really think that they wouldn’t use VAR to disallow a goal for a shirt pull on one of the Sky 6’s goalkeeper than idk what to tell you
  • We haven’t had a shot yet…
  • Poor giveaway of the ball by Paqueta there, we need to cut this out, we're far too loose in the little possession we have.
  • We are ahead but no shots at goal that I can recall. We are very predictable. Fingers crossed.
  • I know it’s Arsenal, but oh dear can we do a bit more with the ball (& getting it).
  • alderz said:

MIAHammer said:

alderz said:

If you really think that they wouldn’t use VAR to disallow a goal for a shirt pull on one of the Sky 6’s goalkeeper than idk what to tell you
    Not saying they wouldn't have given it, just that it's part of the game now.
  • I wonder if we can win this game without having any shots (on or off target)? :p
  • I'm gonna celebrate winning the first half

I fear I'll have nothing to celebrate thereafter.

• Nearly the perfect start to the second half.
  • MIAHammer said:

I wonder if we can win this game without having any shots (on or off target)? :p

Nope.
  • Who’s wearing the Captain’s armband tonight?
  • This ref is really getting on my nerves.
  • MIAHammer said:

Who’s wearing the Captain’s armband tonight?

Fabianski I think.

• Kudus is Messi from Ghana.