Arsenal (H) Mickey Mouse Cup 7:30pm 1st November (live on Sky)

Comments

• Personally I've got no issue with Rice. I wished he hadn't left, but he played great while he was here so I bear him no ill will. Obviously I truly hope he never has any success against us.

I’ve got no real issue with him either, him leaving let us rebuild and - imo - improve. But he left for Arsenal and if people want to boo him for that I’m alright with it.
  • Kudus is really good at tracking back and winning the ball, as well as finishing!
  • Energy levels have been so high tonight. Snapping into tackles, closing down, pressing.
  • Kudus is really good at tracking back and winning the ball, as well as finishing!

If Rav was here he’d be calling him a #Baller
  • Alvarez keeps trying to leave one on Rice and I have a lot of time for that.
  • How was that not a foul on Benrahma? White grabbed him and threw him to the ground.
  • JWP on for Benrahma who's been fairly anonymous imo.
  • How was that not a foul on Benrahma? White grabbed him and threw him to the ground.

Funny I saw that and thought why did Benrahma throw himself to the ground
  • MrsGrey said:

I really didn't see this coming.

Although there's still 30 mins for us to spurs it up.

I never underestimate our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm still nervous.
  • Bowen up front has worked really well.
  • I don’t underestimate it as I’ve seen it far too often I know we’re really capable of it.
  • Our whole back line has been seriously impressive tonight along with Kudus and Bowen
  • Definitely. Bowen and Kudus in the same team gives us a lot of pace and creativity. I’d like to see it more going forward.
  • alderz said:

Definitely. Bowen and Kudus in the same team gives us a lot of pace and creativity. I’d like to see it more going forward.

For sure, a good few of us have been calling for it at the expense of Antonio.
  • My reservation has always been that neither are strikers and I wasn’t sure how or if it would work. Now I see it I’m in favour.
  • I know it's only one game, a cup game, against an understrength Arsenal, but we have looked a better attacking team without Antonio and with Paqueta in the middle rather than stuck out on the left.
  • I don’t mind Paqueta on the left if it means we have Soucek, Alvarez and JWP in the side, personally.
  • Knew we’d not keep the clean sheet
  • Why when a sky6 team lose it is because they played badly, not because the opposition stopped them playing? Rhetorical question really.

3-1 West Ham, I didn’t see that coming. ⚒
  • Lukerz said:

Knew we’d not keep the clean sheet

Literally with the last kick of the game.
  • Shame we weren't able to keep a clean sheet but what a result for us!
  • It’s funny as when I saw the sides I expected us to win.
  • alderz said:

I don’t mind Paqueta on the left if it means we have Soucek, Alvarez and JWP in the side, personally.

Soucek has got a few goals this season so I agree, but when he's not scoring he is a bit of a passenger IMO.

But yeah, even if you put Paq in the middle instead of Soucek, it means Benrahma on the left and he's not delivering anything at the moment.
  • Excellent second half and deserved to win on that showing. Kudus was superb. Only if other players could show the same urgency. Now let us take this form to the next game
  • Much, much better performance. Some really good displays by our boys, Kudus, Alvarez Paquatah in particular.
    One question though, did Benrhama actually touch the ball? I really forgot he was on the pitch.
  • Arsenal had 72% possession, according to the match stats.

It really didn't feel like that while I was watching it.
  • Great team performance with quite a few tonight that could claim MOTM IMO…. I think Kudus might get that, although I’m thinking of someone else…….
    Well played West Ham ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • I do think we play well against the so called better teams at the moment.
  • But I would like Port Vale at home next round
  • I might be in the minority but to be honest I wasn't that impressed with Paqueta's performance tonight. Seemed to gave away the ball quite a lot and was showboating a couple of times.
    He and Alvarez will be missed in the next game though.