West Ham Utd v Everton. Sunday 29th October 13:00 kick off at the London Stadium

Comments

• I’m tempted to turn to the cricket but that’s just as bad.
  • edited October 2023
    Ward-Prowse & Alvarez as a pivot doesn’t work as both play crab football.

We can’t get up the pitch.
  • We give the ball away far to much
  • It's been very flat, not sure what else to say.....
    Paqueta looks lost without Emerson, it's all very average so far....
  • Last few games have been a really hard watch
  • I actually thought we started quite well, and looked like we were in control. I agree though it became a hard watch. Ŵe seem to be losing the ball too often - lack of concentration?
  • We started well but 20 mins of decent football at home to a bottom five side is not anything to shout about. It’s our classic issue, when we’re given the lions share of possession we don’t know how to use it.
  • Everton certainly had the better chance/s....
    Missing Soucek ?
    Kudus/Paqueta have offered little......then again in all fairness not many others have offered more......
    Oh well, all to play for in the 2nd half, COYI
  • Kudus was the brightest but hasn’t been seen for 25 mins.
  • Thought Aguerd, Alvarez, JWP and Kudus have looked good. The latter just needs to release a little quicker sometimes.

We need to get Paqueta into the game more and generally up the tempo. It’s so flat and a full watch. I think if Paqueta came more centrally then things could get interesting, however this would leave Cress far too exposed. He’s the player who could bring this game to life.

Antonio not in the game other than losing the ball with poor touches and passes. I would’ve liked to see one of either Callum Marshall or Mubama on the bench.

The team aren’t getting the crowd going and the fans aren’t getting the team firing. This match screams Everton going in front and only then would we play with a sense of urgency.
  • I don't think Paqueta on the left is working, especially without Emerson.
  • Not that bad a start, definitely better but no real spark and we let Everton get back in it, both teams seem content to maintain the status quo.

On the plus side, Cresswell has had a decent half and Kudus has shown promise, let’s get the ball to him a bit more.
  • The match doesn’t scream Everton going in front because I think if they do we’re likely to play worse if that’s possible. Everton may be right down there but they’re a stronger side away from home.
  • Why is JWP not taking free-kicks/corners?
  • Bowen wins so many headers from set pieces. Do teams just ignore him because he’s little?
  • If we lose to this lot, I give up.
  • What a difference between Antonio and DCL.
  • edited October 2023
    How many games do we concede in the first few minutes of the second half. The first 4 games this season must have been a complete fluke.
    Not a surprise as they’ve been better than us since the opening 15 minutes. Not convinced they’re finished yet either.
  • Deserved IMO.
  • Our defence is pretty abysmal
  • edited October 2023
    Benrahma on for Antonio; Paqueta to a false 9 with Benrahma on the left?
  • Almost 2, what were we doing from a Pickford clearance?
  • Areola keeps us in the game with that save....
  • Have the players enter a competition on who can play the worst?
  • If they have it’s impossible to judge.
  • It’s a good job we got 10 points from our first 4 games as at the moment it’s been 4 from 6 which is possibly the second or third worse in the league.
  • Stupid by Paqueta, gets a yellow for mouthing off at the ref and so is suspended for next weekend.
  • Another stupid yellow card from Paqueta. How many of those 5 have been for dissent?
  • Soucek on for JWP.