Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• They're going for maximum clout. Probably won't be announced until tomorrow.
  • They're going for maximum clout. Probably won't be announced until tomorrow.

OCS, please keep making your announcement predictions. If you keep it up he’ll still be our player next season.😉
  • Ravel49 said:

Of course Timber 🪵 had to have his medical first 😣

Sub editors everywhere rubbing their hands with glee at the possibilities offered by this signing 😁
  • Wouldn't it be funny after all the haggling over how the deal gets paid, Rice fails his medical hahaha
  • Timber.... Treemendous defender ;)
  • edited July 2023
    He can even play in goal - posts and crossbar.
  • Are we there yet?
  • I’m sure there will be a little delay on this as I reckon West Ham will announce the departure first with some form of ‘tribute’ & message from Rice himself.
  • Little delay.

Ex is reporting that it might not be completed until early next week.

Deal agreed days ago, medical started yesterday but still days away from being done. Not sure who this being dragged out for so long is benefiting.
  • really sick of it ,I have better things to do then keep checking if its done .Truth is i dont but thats not the point =)
  • edited July 2023
    Someone on KUMB has posted that he's failed his medical due to a knee issue, he's allegedly got till Wednesday to pass the medical.

Feels to me like a ploy to get the price down.
  • Well you certainly can’t question his injury record.
  • Someone on KUMB has posted that he's failed his medical due to a knee issue, he's allegedly got till Wednesday to pass the medical.

Feels to me like a ploy to get the price down.

This makes it sound like his needs to revise harder
  • There are some strange people on Kumb
  • You should see a couple of the facebook groups. This Rice transfer has brought the worst out of so many, or rather so many of the vocal ones. If you didn't accept it is a few vocal posters and probably not the majority you could easily take a dim view of our fan base.
  • edited July 2023
    Hamstew said:

There are some strange people on Kumb

I don’t plan to venture there but I unfollowed any kind of West Ham account on Twitter aside from Ex and the club a while ago. I’m guessing it’s worse
  • I've got too much time on my hands so I do pop over there a bit at this time of year 😔😔😔.
  • No I do pop over there a bit as I'm just a nosey guy and like to see what over people's views are etc.
  • I don't really have a problem with KUMB. They used to have a few ITKs back in the day which seemed to know their stuff, and even last summer had someone that had a good strike rate. I tend to read it during the transfer windows for that reason.

People disagree over there as they do here, it's just that a bit more is 'allowed' in terms of how members interact over there (not saying that that's a good thing). I don't actually think it's much different a dynamic to on here though in terms of opinions; it's just more civilised on this site.
  • It's just some of the comments by some of the posters are just bizarre. Most are fine but some very strange. Imo of course.
  • Hamstew said:

It's just some of the comments by some of the posters are just bizarre. Most are fine but some very strange. Imo of course.

Here or there? 😂
  • #HippoMalarkey
  • According to Ex, Rice had the first part of his medical on Friday and has now gone on holiday to Portugal 🤷‍♂️

So the deal probably won't get finalised until the end of next week, which presumably means we won't see any incomings before or during the Australian tour.

Not much time for pre-season integration then for any new players, which isn't ideal considering Moyes identified that as a reason why we struggled last season.
  • There's no reason Arsenal couldn't have completed the medical this week, it strikes me as a bit of spiteful tit-for-tat to delay the transfer, given it seems apparent we're reluctant to commit to any new players until the Rice transfer is signed and sealed.
  • Rice is still our player so maybe it's down to us.
  • IronHerb said:

Rice is still our player so maybe it's down to us.

It feels unlikely, the deal has been agreed and is as good as done, but until the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed we seem reluctant to commit to any new purchases. I suspect, as many others have said, that we have 2 lists of potential signings, one if we sell Rice and another if we don't, and given the price he's supposedly going for, it could well be that there is little overlap between the two lists; one is from Harrods, and the other Lidl.
  • What's the worst outcome if we sign someone, we end up with a new DM and Rice ends up staying and we have competition for the DM places.

Clearly it's going through. The guy has never been seriously injured and rarely misses games, one of his appeals must be that he seems to take a heavy schedule with club and country in his stride.
  • What's the worst outcome if we sign someone, we end up with a new DM and Rice ends up staying and we have competition for the DM places.

Clearly it's going through. The guy has never been seriously injured and rarely misses games, one of his appeals must be that he seems to take a heavy schedule with club and country in his stride.

Say, without Rice, we have a £60m budget for 4 new players, if Rice goes we have £160m for 5 new players. If Rice stays, we're looking at players about the £15m mark, if he goes then we're able to spend £30m a player. Likely to be completely different shopping lists.