Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

Yes, I want us to spend it all like its burning a hole in our Hammers pockets!

Go in hard for Harvey B
    Agressively for Alex S
    Limply for Livramento
    Bravely for Brennan J
    Enthusiastically for Edson A
    Anonymously for Amadou O

Moronically for Maguire

• Ravel49 said:

Brian Harvey 🥔

Rice Rice Baby if you've got to go away dont think I can stand the pain, won't you stay another day ;)

• This is how I want West Ham to deal with the Rice announcement.

• Or like this
  • edited July 2023
    ‘You can stick your rice puddings where the sun don’t shine’
  • I didn't know Aneka Rice was Declan's mum?
  • Known for her helicopter parenting style...

No, it's OK, I've got my coat here..
  • Like Dec, Annika loves a challenge.
  • SSN

Declan Rice and Jurrien Timber to undergo medicals within 72 hours after deals agreed with West Ham and Ajax respectively; Granit Xhaka's transfer from Arsenal to Bayer Leverkusen has been announced within 24 hours after the two clubs agreed a £21.4mm deal;
  • Who's the bloke in the orange jacket? Serious question.
  • Who's the bloke in the orange jacket? Serious question.

• edited July 2023
    This was a test of threads - pls ignore 😘
  • Can't wait for this saga to be over. Honestly so over it.
  • I hate that picture so much
  • 3 more days, 3 more days, Declan Rice 🎵
  • alderz said:

I hate that picture so much

Just seems so wrong 😕
  • For someone who claimed he loved our club and fans do much he looks happy in his Arsenal shirt. According to Danny Murphy he told him he can’t wait to get to Arsenal.
    I think he’s been working on this move for some time. Can’t wait for him to be gone and he means nothing to me now. He’s just a player at another club.
  • I think we expect players to feel the love and loyalty for our club that we have built over a lifetime. Unless they have that through also being a fan of the club I think it's perfectly reasonable to view their career as just that, a career.

He is moving to a bigger club to work and has taken a view they are an emerging club again that will fight for top honours domestically and in Europe. Time will tell if he is right about that.

I suspect he will always have a love for our club as it's been a big part of his life since 14, and the fans, the smile on his face in that shot is a part of the game of showcasing a new signing for the club.

Not on this forum but on others some posters have gone way overboard and have even called him Judus etc. Some show a real lack of awareness. As I have said before I think he has been foot perfect as a player playing for us and in his departing.

I also don't think we would have qualified for Europe or won the conference trophy without him, and I actually think we would have qualified for the Champions league had he not got injured two seasons ago. I really hope we spend the money well and so manage to miss him as little as possible, yet I won't be surprised if we struggle to replace him. So in my view we have had a world class player give us some great times and now we pocket a record fee of £105m. There don't look like any losers.
  • For someone who claimed he loved our club and fans do much he looks happy in his Arsenal shirt. According to Danny Murphy he told him he can’t wait to get to Arsenal.
    I think he’s been working on this move for some time. Can’t wait for him to be gone and he means nothing to me now. He’s just a player at another club.

Is that a real picture of him? These accounts usually mock up pictures of players in kits before they’ve signed (a trend I hate).
  • Real or not ,it will be soon .,And looking at that picture is just as bad as swearing on the site .so please someone take it down

Why can't he be happy? He's just made his dream move.
  • I'd imagine hes just got a massive pay rise too

(I really dont get the negativity by a chunk of our fans. I get some sadness and disappointment but he's been nothing but a credit to our club and deserves the well wishes)

It’s his job. And he just got a new one for more money. Why shouldn’t he be happy?
    Personally speaking, I thank him for his service and wish him well. I hope he does well, except against us of course.
  • edited July 2023
    I have mixed feelings about him now.
    Re more money, he was offered £200k a week from us but refused… so don’t accept that’s his real reason to be happy.
    We all know he wanted out “ to win things” wasn’t it, while Arsenal improved last season it’ll need a lot more to actually win things IMO.
    I thank him for what he did and he always tried his best etc, but as soon as his leaves, for me he’s simply history…
    My main gripe is going to Arsenal, he could have sat down with Sullivan and discussed something like a new 1 year contract but with a reduced fee to be sold at at the end of that if he still wanted out, I know that’ was more wishful thinking on my side, but Arsenal, really 🙄, all just my opinion though and nothing more.
    When I see him in an Arsenal kit, it’s gonna just make me cringe and think he could have done much more for himself, time will tell.
    I predict Arsenal will finish outside the top 4 this coming season and really hope I’m right 🤣
  • I think Arsenal will finish second again this season. Honestly the squad they have is really good, and is only getting better. Saliba was the best defender in the league last year, Odegaard looked like De Bruyne for much of the season, and Saka and Martinelli are going to be Balon d’Or contenders in the next few years. I think Rice going there puts them up there as a genuine threat to Man City, personally.
  • I do think we got a brilliant fee for him though £105 million is crazy money and only because he’s British, if he wasn’t I personally don’t think it would have been more than £70 million, so that’s a bonus, think Arsenal overpaid somewhat, but if they were prepared to pay it I guess he must be worth it 🤔

Is that a real picture of him? These accounts usually mock up pictures of players in kits before they’ve signed (a trend I hate).
    This grinds my gears so much *credit Ald

As soon as a player is linked with a new club they are mocked up in that clubs jersey 🤬
  • Of course Timber 🪵 had to have his medical first 😣