Declan Rice departs West Ham United

Comments

• Some reports that Forest are going for Sangare, who has been a lot of people's pick for our midfield for a couple of summers now. If our business is further delayed and we start missing out on players like him, it doesn't set a good foundation for next season.

Must admit I thought we'd struggle to get Sangare given he's been linked with PSG (yeah, I know, Scamacca chose us over them last summer), but I can't believe he'd go to Forest. We must, repeat must, sign him if he's even considering Forest.

• Some reports that Forest are going for Sangare, who has been a lot of people's pick for our midfield for a couple of summers now. If our business is further delayed and we start missing out on players like him, it doesn't set a good foundation for next season.

Must admit I thought we'd struggle to get Sangare given he's been linked with PSG (yeah, I know, Scamacca chose us over them last summer), but I can't believe he'd go to Forest. We must, repeat must, sign him if he's even considering Forest.

£37m release clause, apparently. Not that a fee can't be negotiated outside of that.

I'd certainly hope that we'd at least be interested in him, if not actively trying to get him. And maybe we are.

I just hope we're quietly going about our business and getting a few deals lined up in the background. I can understand the club not wanting to announce any deals until Rice is gone, and hopefully once he's finally an Arsenal player we'll go mental and announce Barnes, Sangare, Scott and Tah in one crazy afternoon.
  • And to be fair, the Forest links could just be his agent trying to give PSG the hurry up. He probably saw that Forest signed a thousand players last summer and thought they'd be the most believable team to use.
  • I would laugh long n loud if we pulled out. We could then accept Citys (spit) 90M but also ask for defender Harwood Bellis who is being touted at 15M
  • Why would city's bid still be on the table
  • Because Arsenals lawyers told them? ;)
  • There's a suggestion on another forum by a supposed ITK that the Rice deal could drag on for a few more weeks yet because Arsenal don't yet have the cash for the first payment.

If that's true, should we start including Rice in our post-Australia friendlies? Or give the playing time to Downes and/or Fornals?

And are we happy with the possibility of starting the new season without Rice and potentially with no replacement either?
  • We have to set Arsenal a deadline. Getting ridiculous now.
  • OCS, No. 😉. Where would we be if we had wanted 50% now not that large transfer fees are paid that way.
  • Some Arsenal
    Hamstew said:

I feel like he has to go now regardless. If Arsenal can't get it done just accept City's lower offer. From memory their deal was most of the cash upfront?

Bazshuayi said:

I would laugh long n loud if we pulled out. We could then accept Citys (spit) 90M but also ask for defender Harwood Bellis who is being touted at 15M

We might accept City's offer but Rice might not want to go to Manchester

• Surely the important thing is to get the deal done; get it signed, take what they have now, give them 2 weeks to pay the rest of the first payment. The deal dragging on does no-one any favours, especially us seeing as we seem reluctant to commit to any new players until Rice is sorted. The transfer market seems to be starting to move, and it will be gutting to miss out on targets because the Rice deal hasn't been signed.
  • Ex is saying that the deal is expected to go through either tomorrow or Saturday.

Can't happen soon enough.
  • It should go through by then as they must want to take him on tour
  • Its not just Rice

Arteta wanted Jurrien Timber to fly out for Arsenal's friendly at Nuremburg but according to football.london the transfer is being delayed by "a small contract issue"
  • edited July 2023
    Reports that it could all be done today 🤞

• Is he leaving then?!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Apparently deal is up to £120m, not £105m.

• Breaking News......Declan Rice finally signs for Arsenal
  • Idea is they haven’t signed him as he’s still technically on holiday, so avoided paying him his wages for a couple of weeks.
  • How much longer. This is torture
  • This transfer is becoming like a circus, cue Ham.. but really, would love us to tell Arsenal forget it…. Even though I know that won’t happen…
  • Are Arsenal being awkward because we've stood firm on our asking price?
  • Hamstew said:

Are Arsenal being awkward because we've stood firm on our asking price?

That's my feeling, especially as it's apparent that we aren't starting our spending until the deal is actually signed; this delay is hurting us a lot more than them.
  • It will get done today or tomorrow they will want him for their USA tour at the latest.
  • Timber transfer complete
  • ASLEF, As one tree falls maybe another will follow! =)
  • Freddie Potts the new D41R
  • edited July 2023
    Lukerz said:

Freddie Potts the new D41R

• Sky headlining....

Declan Rice to Arsenal: West Ham sign deal to sell captain to Gunners after receiving paperwork