The "I know its only February and Mrs Grey is going to scream "Noooooo" but..." transfer thread

Comments

• edited March 2022
    FIFA have announced that foreign players and coaches with Russian and Ukrainian clubs can "suspend" their contracts and sign with another club until the end of the season.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/fifa-council/media-releases/fifa-adopts-temporary-employment-and-registration-rules-to-address-several

Maybe there are some useful players kicking their heels who might fancy a few months in London
  • FIFA have announced that foreign players and coaches with Russian and Ukrainian clubs can "suspend" their contracts and sign with another club until the end of the season.

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/fifa-council/media-releases/fifa-adopts-temporary-employment-and-registration-rules-to-address-several

Maybe there are some useful players kicking their heels who might fancy a few months in London

https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-liga/gastarbeiter/wettbewerb/RU1

This is a list of all foreign players playing in Russia. Malcolm’s handy
  • I don't think we will be going for Dzyuba otherwise I can see a Berkovic/Hartson scenario with him & Yarmo! =)
  • Kral is on a free now
  • edited March 2022
    Sully: " Kral is on a free now, you say? Moyesie, get him in sharpish" =)
  • Kral would be mad to sign for us permanently. I mean, it's probably better than going back to Russia, but if he now effectively has a choice of where he goes for free, I can't see him choosing to stay with a manager that doesn't rate him.
  • He doesn’t though. He’s only on a free til the end of the season when he has to go back to Spartak. And he’s already registered with us, so I can’t see that FIFA would allow that contract to be broken when there is no need.
  • An actual option though might be Jan Kuchta. He only joined Lokomotiv in January, having joined from our friends at Slavia Prague. He scored 32 in 66 for Slavia, so he’s got a bit about him. He’s also broken into the Czech national team last year, and is up to 4 caps.
  • He can use the caps for his wheels 🤪
  • alderz said:

An actual option though might be Jan Kuchta. He only joined Lokomotiv in January, having joined from our friends at Slavia Prague. He scored 32 in 66 for Slavia, so he’s got a bit about him. He’s also broken into the Czech national team last year, and is up to 4 caps.

To recall a Transfer Window Bingo term, this is a no-brainer. A short-term, low-cost arrangement that gives us another striker option and a player that three of our current squad will be familiar with. What's to lose? If he isn't deemed good enough he just keeps Kral company om the bench for a couple of months.
  • OCS, I reckon it’s a no brainier for a lot of clubs to be looking at this situation. We could bring in a player or two to give the team a boost & help us secure a top six finish without having to commit to keeping them. Unfortunately I won’t be holding my breath though as I will probably only fall over. 😁
  • 7-10 Days
  • OCS, I reckon it’s a no brainier for a lot of clubs to be looking at this situation. We could bring in a player or two to give the team a boost & help us secure a top six finish without having to commit to keeping them. Unfortunately I won’t be holding my breath though as I will probably only fall over. 😁

I just think we'd potentially have an edge over a lot of clubs given we have half the Czech national team* already at the club.

*possible exaggeration
  • Kral would be mad to sign for us permanently. I mean, it's probably better than going back to Russia, but if he now effectively has a choice of where he goes for free, I can't see him choosing to stay with a manager that doesn't rate him.

I wasn't sure whether to believe these stories of Moyes not rating him until I noticed that when Soucek got injured the other day Moyes looked over at the bench and then started stripping off himself.
  • By the time Moyes dithers about, he would have signed for another club and banged in 10 goals.
  • Claret & Hugh reckon we're interested in taking Dejan Lovren, currently Zenit St Petersburg. Good cover for Ogbonna until the end of the season
  • The Sun reckon we could be after two CBs in the summer as we're looking to sell Diop and Dawson will be in the last year of his contract. According to them we've been scouting Sheffield Utd's Irish international John Egan and Forest's Joe Worrall as both could be available if their team fails to win promotion from the Championship.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/17932524/west-ham-joe-worrell-transfer-nottingham-forest/
  • It was rumoured more than once that Newcastle wanted Diop. I understand that the squad was too thin but as Moyes picks from a squad of about 13 players we could've got more money from the newly rich club for him rather than let another season pass and wonder if anyone will put any money up for him.

Egan looked decent when Sheff Utd were in the Prem... Can't claim to know too much about Worrel though
  • Personally I’d give Dawson another year, for the most part he’s been a rock when called on.
  • Dawson is more than good enough to be a (potential) 4th choice CB, even 3rd choice

Happy to move Diop on, would prefer to go for someone at Zoumas level as we don't know what level Ogbonna is going to be coming back at

Also we don't really need younger players (not that itll hurt) as we already have some good talent in Baptiste and Alese who will probably want to be around the squad (if they're still here) when Dawsons and oggys contract ends in 2024
  • Also we don't really need younger players (not that itll hurt) as we already have some good talent in Baptiste and Alese

Worral is 25 and Egan 29

who will probably want to be around the squad (if they're still here) when Dawsons and oggys contract ends in 2024

Dawson's contract ends June 2023
  • According to Transfermarkt, Ogbonna's contract ends this summer. It may have been extended, but I haven't seen anything to say it has, and apparently nor has Transfermarkt
  • Also we don't really need younger players (not that itll hurt) as we already have some good talent in Baptiste and Alese

Worral is 25 and Egan 29

who will probably want to be around the squad (if they're still here) when Dawsons and oggys contract ends in 2024

Dawson's contract ends June 2023
    Yea I did mean 2023 RE. Contract end dates

And I wasn't specifically referring to Worral/Egan as the younger players, I was referring to them when I said we should be looking for a Zouma clause which neither of them are...should've explained myself better
  • alderz said:

According to Transfermarkt, Ogbonna's contract ends this summer. It may have been extended, but I haven't seen anything to say it has, and apparently nor has Transfermarkt

There were a lot of reports that we had a year-extension on his deal and we were going to activate it as a sign of goodwill for his unfortunate injury

But that was back in November/December, so unsure if there has been anymore updates
  • alderz said:

According to Transfermarkt, Ogbonna's contract ends this summer. It may have been extended, but I haven't seen anything to say it has, and apparently nor has Transfermarkt

There were a lot of reports that we had a year-extension on his deal and we were going to activate it as a sign of goodwill for his unfortunate injury

But that was back in November/December, so unsure if there has been anymore updates
    I thought I read somewhere that he is going back to Italy
  • edited March 2022

FIFA have announced that foreign players and coaches with Russian and Ukrainian clubs can "suspend" their contracts and sign with another club until the end of the season.

Surely this is something we should be seriously looking at, assuming that the Premier League would let us add to our squad (I assume they'd be treated as free agents or something similar). I can't believe, with how thin our squad is, that we registered 25 players for the second half of the season. Even if they can't play in the Europa (again, not sure on the registration requirements), a few extra bodies might mean we can rest some players occasionally so they'd be fresher when needed.
  • buffy, ASLEF flagged this up on March 8th & the silence about any attempts we may be making is deafening. I also said I wouldn't be holding my breath because I would probably fall over, it's a very good thing I didn't isn't it?
  • Have any players actually taken FIFA up on that offer? Feels like any player who takes that option will be causing themselves big problem come the summer when they have to return to Russia.
  • edited March 2022
    Jorderz, I reckon a few lawyers would relish the opportunity to defend their case if the "owner" clubs play nasty if any of their players take up the option.
  • I do think we could do with breaking the bank to get in Ivan Toney.
This discussion has been closed.