The "I know its only February and Mrs Grey is going to scream "Noooooo" but..." transfer thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Bazshuayi said:

small squad and doing well for a chunk of the season invariably leads to fatigue, injuries and understandably lower quality and intensity of performance

Intensity against City was shocking. Oh wait....
    We had a decent plan vs City but as soon as they stepped up in the 2nd half can you really say there was a sustained intensity or was it a hold on for dear life (outside of Antonio blowing a 1vs1 and Bowen unluckily having a shot deflected off Laporte)? I'm not saying we should be toe to toe with City obviously. Their game will sap the energy from teams and we probably didn't have much to sap in the first place
  • BBC Gossip Column has us linked with Armando Broja (Along with Newcastle, Southampton, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Napoli), Keane Lewis-Potter and Emmanuel Dennis.
  • It would be amazing to even have 3 strikers (like other clubs are used to having 4). I wonder if we had a real chance of all three how many we'd actually settle for (Moyes/the owners I mean)
  • Bazshuayi said:

It would be amazing to even have 3 strikers (like other clubs are used to having 4). I wonder if we had a real chance of all three how many we'd actually settle for (Moyes/the owners I mean)

Sully would probably reply to Moyes, but we've got Mikey, what on earth do we need to spend money on another one for. =)
  • It does irk me a bit that even the likes of Southampton had Armstrong, Long (fair enough hes an imposter striker that scores once a season on average but he runs a lot :) ) and Adams and they still figured loaning Broja was good. And we had one converted striker and back up plan was to paper the cracks over. What would've happened if he was out injured for 2 months?
  • The Broja and Lewis-Potter links have been around for a while but Dennis is a new one. Watford scored 33 goals in the league this season, he got 10 of them (one against us).

Are Watford becoming our feeder club?
  • The Broja and Lewis-Potter links have been around for a while but Dennis is a new one. Watford scored 33 goals in the league this season, he got 10 of them (one against us).

Are Watford becoming our feeder club?

I think the Dennis link has been around on social media for a while at least, and was reported on Hammers News about a month ago.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/west-ham-reportedly-eyeing-bold-30-million-swoop-for-watford-ace-emmanuel-dennis-this-summer/
  • Dennis is as close to Antonio as we can probably get but i dont think he is any better than Antonio or move us to another level.
  • Dennis is as close to Antonio as we can probably get but i dont think he is any better than Antonio or move us to another level.

I think the important thing is that he would mean we can rotate without losing quality. I don’t think it’s realistic for us to sign someone who fits our style and is a big improvement on Antonio. For me, none of Watkins, Broja or Dennis are much better than Antonio if at all, but they would mean we have options.
  • I'd definitely pick Watkins out of any of those mentioned above including Antonio. He can play wide and as a solo hold up striker

Dennis is quick, tricky and has an eye for goal that Antonio doesn't

Broja at his age and physique has bags of potential but lots of teams with an eye on him

Id like all of them if honest
  • Antonio was 25 when we signed him seven years ago, Dennis is 24 (25 in November), he's got time to develop and I doubt he'll want mega wages so if he doesn't work out he won't have been an expensive waste of time.

His middle name is Bonaventure. I like him already
  • Villa have signed someone already. Just saying.
  • Hamstew, Are you referring to Kamara? ☹️
  • Hamstew, Are you referring to Kamara? ☹️

Yes mate
  • edited May 2022
    Hamstew, Another player we should have signed. If we were trying to then I can’t understand why he has chosen Villa over us. I expect I will be boring people with this same question for the next few months as the type of players we should be getting join other teams.
  • I think I’m going to close this thread and start a summer transfer window thread in its place
This discussion has been closed.