West Ham v Watford, Tuesday 8th Feb 19:45, BT Sport

1234568»

Comments

• Dawson was fantastic today. Think he's been shaky for most of this season but this was like his best form when he first came into the side. Have to admit that Zouma was pretty solid as well.

Surprised to see Soucek criticised as I thought he was one of our better players. Made a few tackles after others had failed and didn't feel he was as sloppy as others. Rice was sloppy and slow for most of today. Very unlike him. He improved towards the end.

Lanzini looked sharp when he came on though I think that was also because we generally played a lot better once we got that lucky goal.
  • edited February 2022
    Credit where credit is due. Lanzini coming on changed the game as he plays so much better than Fornals behind Antonio. He made good, forward passes immediately after appearing and should start for a few games.
    Benrahma has to study Bowen's wing play, especially taking players on, and improve. If not Fornals or Vlasic will take his position. Not sure why his confidence is low now, as we know he can dribble, cross and shoot well.
  • Just got back and watched the game. I am not sure there were many other Premiership teams we would have beaten today as we created so few chances against a very poor side. The plus points were Bowen, Dawson and Lanzini who all had good games.
  • J. I am not sure there were many other Premiership teams we would have beaten today as we created so few chances against a very poor side.

Leicester City?? 😁

• I know many won’t care on here, that’s your choice, but by reading the BBC’s report and 200 odd comments, we have become public enemy number 1, from many peoples other favorite team to the scum of the earth.

Some things are bigger than football was echoed, have to 100% agree…
    And pls, I don’t want to hear comments like I couldn’t care a less, we know how you feel…
    Thanks Kurt…
  • We were public enemy No1 after the Tevez episode. In a couple of weeks time it will be someone else's turn.
  • We were public enemy No1 after the Tevez episode. In a couple of weeks time it will be someone else's turn.

Don’t think so at all Preston.
    Tevez was football related,
    This is a totally different matter.
    Far more people will be freaked out with animal cruelty, IMO this will not go away.
  • edited February 2022

We were public enemy No1 after the Tevez episode. In a couple of weeks time it will be someone else's turn.

Far more people will be freaked out with animal cruelty, IMO this will not go away.
    I'm afraid it will Jay. It's the nature of 24 hour rolling news. Something else will happen this week that will distract from it. I haven't heard much about Mason Greenwood at all over the last week or so since he was bailed. Probably because people are now talking about Zouma.

We live in an age where almost everything high-profile people do is documented on-line. Rightly or wrongly, something else will invariably happen that will bury the Zouma story soon.

I'm afraid it will Jay. It's the nature of 24 hour rolling news. Something else will happen this week that will distract from it. I haven't heard much about Mason Greenwood at all over the last week or so since he was bailed. Probably because people are now talking about Zouma.

We live in an age where almost everything high-profile people do is documented on-line. Rightly or wrongly, something else will invariably happen that will bury the Zouma story soon.
    maybe Wayne Rooney after his Chelsea comments

Boris Johnson making a truthful statement should do it.

• I personally don’t think this is going to just disappear, this has freaked not just the UK out but a much larger audience…
    This is going to rumble and IMO not end quickly, millions of people around the world are disgusted with this and the fact that we dared to play him last night.
    This is only going to have a lasting damming affect on our club IMO
  • jay, There have been many incidents involving footballers in the past some of which resulted in custodial sentences but have they had a lasting damage on their clubs IMHO no they haven't.
  • It won't rumble on. Nobody will be talking about it in two weeks. That's how grim the world is.
  • jay, There have been many incidents involving footballers in the past some of which resulted in custodial sentences but have they had a lasting damage on their clubs IMHO no they haven't.

Yeah, and by way of example I don't think Man City's reputation has been particularly affected by the Mendy accusations. I know he's not been formally prosecuted but it's not looking good for him.
  • Lanzini kept the ball so well yesterday.
  • Hamstew said:

Lanzini kept the ball so well yesterday.

He's performed a lot better from the bench than he has when he's started games, IMO. Not saying he should be a 'supersub' from here on in, but he's good at retaining the ball, which we need if we're protecting a lead, and he can find a pass, as he showed last night a couple of time, if we need a goal.

maybe Wayne Rooney after his Chelsea comments
    Nah, I'd rather kick a Chelsea player than a cat
  • Lanzini seems to pull all the stops out in his comeback (from injury, whatever) game, then produce less after that. It annoys me because I would love to see him as the playmaker every game, but I never know when he's going to wear his invisibility cloak...
  • Lanzini often looks good off the bench because for some reason Moyes starts him in the wrong games. You don't need him against the teams we'll be counter attacking against, you need him when we'll have lots of possession. When we have lots of the ball and aren't doing anything with it, he will come on and we'll look better.
  • Lanzini is a player to keep on the bench, he has the ability to grab the ball and dictate the tempo, and that's most effective when players already have 60/70 minutes on ther legs and aren't as sharp/energetic

When he starts he often gets closed down quicker and can't so his best work and he slows down as the game wears on

• Spurs lost .oh dear what a shame =)
  • steve said:

Spurs lost .oh dear what a shame =)

1-0 up,2-1 up- lost 3-2 no one wants to see that.

😂😂😂😂

Yeah, and by way of example I don't think Man City's reputation has been particularly affected by the Mendy accusations. I know he's not been formally prosecuted but it's not looking good for him.
    It hasnt, but they didnt play him straight after he was arrested and wouldn't even if he was available
  • Good result for us, United drop 2 and Spurs drop all 3

Games in hand are great in theory but would still rather have the points in the bag

Now hope Arsenal and Wolves draw tomorrow
  • Good result for us, United drop 2 and Spurs drop all 3

Games in hand are great in theory but would still rather have the points in the bag

Now hope Arsenal and Wolves draw tomorrow

You would rather be on 40 points than 36 points with 3 games in hand? If you’re in any decent form I would rather the latter. But on our recent form you’re probably right!