West Ham v Watford, Tuesday 8th Feb 19:45, BT Sport

Comments

• Wonder if Zouma will be in the team tomorrow after dropkicking a cat

Appalling behaviour. Why have a pet and do that to it?

Pretty sure he won't be playing. He'll have a day of getting absolutely hammered on social media.
  • No idea but should be fined and his animals taken away from him and face charges.
  • What is wrong with some people
  • edited February 2022
    I thought that was a West Ham Clips ''Tiddles'' reference

The video is ''allegedly'' Zouma but who would actually be able to video that unless they were Zouma's friend/family?

• To repeat, we beat Watford with Dawson and Diop as our centre backs 41 days ago
  • To repeat, we beat Watford with Dawson and Diop as our centre backs 41 days ago

And Vlasic scored!
  • Would be shocked to see Zouma even if feet, what disgusting behaviour

Was gonna say let's get back to basics and use the team that got us into this position

Fab
    Coufal Dawson Alese Cresswell
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Fornals Benrahma
    Antonio

Maybe harsh on Areola but I think some clubs will look at the way be dealt with corners in the cup and try exploit that

I'd deffo start Alese, but there is a 0.1% him starting him over Diop, just can't see Moyes dropping Issa if he didn't even trust Alese for the cup game
  • Moyes must be able to see how little confidence Diop has. I'm at the point where I'm expecting to concede a goal because of something he does/doesn't do every game. I'd actually feel more confident playing Alese right now.
  • If Zouma is fit he will play.
  • IronHerb said:

If Zouma is fit he will play.

I doubt it very much, with the attention he's gonna get all day I don't see how his mind will be on the game. Also, I'm sure Moyes will be very far from impressed that, having got his main defensive target in the summer transfer window, said player behaves in such a fashion.

No way Zouma plays tonight imo.
  • Someone told me the club has suspended him ? if true I imagine he is out for a couple weeks pending the internal investigation I guess.
  • We will be ok as we can use the new CB we got in the last window! :p
  • I thought that was a West Ham Clips ''Tiddles'' reference

The video is ''allegedly'' Zouma but who would actually be able to video that unless they were Zouma's friend/family?

Yes looks like a friend/family and was uploaded on Snapchat or another app (probably a private account) because they all thought it was funny. Had the laughing emoji. Someone who has seen it there has obviously seen it and shared it publicly. He comes across as a child thinking it’s funny, doing it for entertainment. Alongside being disgusting it comes across as so childish and stupid.
  • Allegedly filmed by his brother!
  • Lukerz said:

C&H says Zouma is fit

No lasting damage to his knee after lumping his cat around! He's not fit (to wear the shirt)
  • Let Alese play!!

Or even Baptiste, they're as old as Rice was when he was given a shot by Moyes....just please not Diop....anything but Diop
  • Isn't catman injured
  • Isn't catman injured

Not yet 😉
  • He's bound to get a mention on the coverage and rightly so
  • I'd be surprised if he didn't get a chorus of boos if he did play.

One of the reasons why I think he won't.
  • Let Alese play!!

Or even Baptiste, they're as old as Rice was when he was given a shot by Moyes....just please not Diop....anything but Diop

Rice was given a shot because Moyes saw he was exceptionally talented not because he was the right age.

If Moyes thinks Alese or Baptiste are better than Diop he will play them.

If Zouma plays he is going to get some serious stick (cat calls???) from both sets of supporters. And rightly so.
  • Why would we play a cat bully in our team ,Or for that matter any sort of bully
  • edited February 2022
    OCS/ASLEF, Not being funny but when does he next play then as he will get serious stick whenever it is?
  • OCS/ASLEF, Not being funny but when does he next play then as he will get serious stick whenever it is?

The day the story breaks is going to be a more ferocious reaction than in a week, or two weeks, or a month. There will definitely be a reaction whenever it is, but today will be peak outrage levels.
  • I suspect if we do badly without him the reaction will lessen. Let's hope Diop steps up - or one of the youngsters.

Maybe we need to go to a back 5 with a young CB and Cresswell either side of Dawson. Though we'd need Masuaku back to be able to play that. I think it was our most solid formation and we did manage to play good football with it early last season. Right now we need to stop letting goals in and I think that comes from settling our shape a bit.
  • edited February 2022

Maybe we need to go to a back 5 with a young CB and Cresswell either side of Dawson. Though we'd need Masuaku back to be able to play that. I think it was our most solid formation and we did manage to play good football with it early last season. Right now we need to stop letting goals in and I think that comes from settling our shape a bit.

And again, this is where squad depth hurts us, IMO. We can only really play a back three if Masuaku is fit, which it seems he isn't. Cresswell could probably do a job at LWB, but a) doesn't really have the pace or mobility to play there effectively and b) will likely be the LCB in the three anyway.

So you're either looking at Johnson out of position (again), or Longelo, who is obviously untested.

I think we have to play a back four and hope that Diop isn't targeted or Moyes trusts Alese to do a job.

Man, this club. How many other clubs would lose a starting CB to a season-ending injury, their replacement suffer a horrific loss of form and the other starting CB to animal cruelty?

• Zouma isn't going to play

I'd be surprised if he didn't get a chorus of boos if he did play.

One of the reasons why I think he won't.

So he'll never play again?
  • Of course he will. But as alderz said earlier, the abuse he'll get tonight, given the news only broke last night and is all over social media, will be worse than what he'll face in a months time when people are talking about something else.