West Ham v Watford, Tuesday 8th Feb 19:45, BT Sport

Comments

• Moyes is bound to be asked about it
  • Looks like we are going to give Isla a good home send off .
  • Well going into this in a bad move

Zouma starting.....
    Yarmolenko on the bench.....
    No youngsters.....
  • Poor decision to start Zouma
  • My mood is quite good, actually.
  • MrsGrey said:

Bound to distract from Isla's night as well.

Thought that was the Cup game?
    No, her Mum's there I believe, plus applause in the 7th minute.
  • Not sure what it says about Zouma as a person that he is happy to start
  • Oh, ok. I just remember talk of protests at a recent game, and people saying they shouldn't do it because of the commemoration thing.

I'm sure there was applause before the game?
  • edited February 2022

The club said they’d deal with it internally and I assume they have done and they must think he’s been punished. They’re not obligated to tell us what they’ve done.

They are not obligated to tell us, no one said they should though, or did they?
    But it's pretty damn obvious that there is no ban from the team/squad.
  • Brave call from Moyes &, for me at least, the right one
  • Not sure what it says about Zouma as a person that he is happy to start

That he's prepared to face the music?

That he owns his actions, and the consequences?
  • I imagine Moyes may be taking the view he deals with the football side of things and has made a football decision, that could still backfire on him if Zouma is unsettled.

He appears a strong character and so may shrug it off on the pitch but may not. I recall John Terry used to almost thrive on such things when he had his many troubles. I can't remember them all. I think there was the Wayne bridge thing, the Anton Ferdinanad thing and the stuff with his Mother.
  • David Moyes has probably looked at it as is the team stronger with Zouma in it. He is under pressure to prove his way is the right way especially so after the last transfer window. Failure to achieve what he believes the squad can IHO will only lead to more criticism at the end of the season. Well it will from me. :p
  • Back to the football ,Good to see Lanzini on the bench did think he might miss some games
  • No Jay nobody did say they should tell us but for some it seems if he’s not banned for life, kneecapped or executed he’s not been punished.
  • What a joke !!!!! how can he start after what has happened. GSB GET OUT THIS CLUB.

Not sure GSB are picking the team.
  • edited February 2022
    Sorry my view is he should be prepared to face the prosecution.

Send him out to face the music. The more we keep him shielded, the less impactful him playing again becomes.
  • No Jay nobody did say they should tell us but for some it seems if he’s not banned for life, kneecapped or executed he’s not been punished.

That's a poor comment iMO, no one on here has mentioned violence towards him, he was the one who committed a violent action towards a family pet....

But some of us feel that a minimum ban from the club , or even better got rid of when possible is an option that could have been looked at.

So, perhaps try keep it real......
  • I'm still not quite over Diop and Yarmolenko being in the squad. Two hopelessly out of form players on the bench.

I'm really not sure how the U23s are ever going to have a route into first team football if they're not given a chance ahead of players that just aren't performing. Could Alese and Oko-Flex really offer less than those Diop and Yarmo?
  • Zouma publicly brings himself, the club and the game into disrepute with a potentially criminal action. There should be a public consequence for that imo.
  • Jay my point, possibly badly made, was that I think people are going over the top with this. He will be punished and we may or may not find out how but he should not be stopped from working and no should the rest of the squad and fans suffer.
  • Right then, putting Zuomagate aside for a bit, we need 3 points and a good performance and I expect both of those things
  • Fair enough Thorn...
  • Zouma playing has taken the edge off this one.
  • To be honest i feel i might suffer a bit tonight when i see him wearing the shirt
  • Moyes being interviewed on BT and has basically said playing Zouma is a footballing decision and separate from what's happened.
  • That Watford line up is not great. Dennis is a threat, but there's nothing else there that should really worry us.

So away win then.
  • Anyone have a stream that works...
  • Watford playing a very low block.

Think we'll struggle to score tonight.
  • We could struggle to break them down here.