West Ham v Watford, Tuesday 8th Feb 19:45, BT Sport

Comments

• Personally I don't think he will get unfettered abuse tonight should he play.
  • IronHerb, I tend to agree as there are a few who believe the result is all that matters. We do have a good moral compass amongst most of our fans like when they didn't want Joey Barton to sign so expect any support would be muted.
  • They talked about it for an hour and a half on Jim White's show. Going by the reaction of callers and mainly messages, he won't be playing tonight. He won't be in the right frame of mind and he'll be getting death threats from all and sundry.
  • Well if the club suspended him he is not going to play.
    The bigger question is whether the club terminate his contract after the conduct, but the RSPCA might beat West Ham to the punch if they call an investigation and punishments get dished out.

I suspect he isn't going to be playing for a long while.
  • It’s all over national news not just social media so it’s peaking today.
  • Why did his Brother post it on social media in the first place? He doesn't have to suffer from any of the fallout.
  • Why was he recording it anyway. I doubt it was pre meditated so what was going on.
  • Say, for example, he plays and scores the winner. Cheering is a natural reaction and hard to contain. What a weird situation
  • Sure most of our players are animal lovers ,so wonder how they will treat him .Also they will have to get in the right mind set for tonight
  • Why did his Brother post it on social media in the first place? He doesn't have to suffer from any of the fallout.

If it was him, I suspect he will get plenty of fallout. Mainly losing access to his brother's money!
  • steve said:

Sure most of our players are animal lovers ,so wonder how they will treat him .Also they will have to get in the right mind set for tonight

I fear we're going to roll out this excuse if we put in yet another poor performance.

• IronHerb said:

Zouma isn't going to play

I'd be surprised if he didn't get a chorus of boos if he did play.

One of the reasons why I think he won't.

So he'll never play again?
    I really hope not for us.
  • MIAHammer said:

steve said:

Sure most of our players are animal lovers ,so wonder how they will treat him .Also they will have to get in the right mind set for tonight

I fear we're going to roll out this excuse if we put in yet another poor performance.

“Yet another”. You make it sound like the Avram Grant days
  • I can't see Zouma playing tonight. I think to placate action from others, WHU would not play him. That means Diop returning to defence (oh dear!) unless Moyes gambles with Alese or plays Rice at centre-half (not a good iead)
  • Moyes will leave him out. Too much of a distraction and also sends the wrong message to play him the same day this came out.
  • We know theres a player in Diop, so after saturday perhaps it will be good for him to play somehow he needs to get his confidence back .bit like falling off a bike
  • steve said:

We know theres a player in Diop, so after saturday perhaps it will be good for him to play somehow he needs to get his confidence back .bit like falling off a bike

If he fell of a bike he would miss the floor.
  • Moyes won't be able able to plaease everyone tonight...
    I know what decision I hope he makes though.
  • The biggest fine we can give and a massive donation from him to animal charities would in my mind be a suitable punishment.
    I’m not going to go so far as to say, as others have, that they’d be happy for us to lose games and be out of the cups if it meant he didn’t play. That is punishing the club, the players and the fans.
  • steve said:

We know theres a player in Diop, so after saturday perhaps it will be good for him to play somehow he needs to get his confidence back .bit like falling off a bike

At what point do we need to cut the cord

Hes been absolutely terrible this season, pretty much nailed on for an error that leads to a goal no matter the opposition quality or how the game is going

He is a player who looks lost and needs a fresh start

Like masuaku, the tools are there but unfortunately he just doesn't have the intelligence to play the position and is a massive liability

Also ex saying zouma starts...not happy about that....
  • Zouma starts
  • Yup, Zouma starts.

Not sure about that, Moyesy.

Yarmolenko on the bench and no Perkins or Oko-Flex in the match day squad. Just don't know what Yarmolenko is doing in training to warrant a place in the squad. It's baffling.
  • Very brave call from Moyes IMO, will be interesting to hear our own fan's reaction to him ( not the team )...Oh well, I'm not happy, but hey, I'm just a supporter thousands of miles away....
  • Really don't think Moyes has read the room on this one.

Ah well, it's done now. Let's try not to let it distract from what is a big game.

Players need to be on it tonight. Watford really aren't very good so we have a good chance to get back on track.
  • Bound to distract from Isla's night as well.
  • And let's not doubt for a second that the Watford players will be in his ear all night. Red card waiting to happen.
  • The club said they’d deal with it internally and I assume they have done and they must think he’s been punished. They’re not obligated to tell us what they’ve done.
  • Moyes has lost the plot in this one with Zouma and the bench
  • Bound to distract from Isla's night as well.

Thought that was the Cup game?
  • What a joke !!!!! how can he start after what has happened. GSB GET OUT THIS CLUB.