Transfer Deadline Day: Skype to be set to 'busy'

Comments

• I am hoping there is a bit of brinkmanship going on at United in which they hope Lingard accepts he is not being allowed to come to us and agrees to a Newcastle loan, he is saying No and hoping they allow him to us at the last minute rather than receive nothing for him. Stick to your guns Jesse.
  • edited January 2022
    Underwhelming : too many letters for Wordle, but it's how I feel today has gone so far...without using words I'm allowed to here.....My vanilla word.....

Get Lingard in and I'm over my strop....just about......sadly can't see that happening either....

Oh well......
  • Everton look like they're wasting money...£40mil on Deli Ali who hasn't played consistent football in years

Sums up the market that
  • Man City have many expensive players who can play forward as their position in the league shows and Aguero only left in the summer. We have had one forward and a threadbare squad for ages.
  • I'm not really concerned about 4th. I want us to push the Europa league while we have this chance that might not come around quickly. There's a massive step up in the quality of it after the group stages and we need to be able to match that, which will require having some back ups. Moyes has raised expectations beyond where they should be with his comments about challenging the top 4 so it's really disappointing if, as it seems, we won't be getting a striker in.
  • Deli Ali at 40m seems crazy, I hear it's very staggered and based on appearances but still seems a lot. It may be that Frankie still thinks all chq books are Chelsea chq books and if it goes wrong there is always another chq waiting for you to write.
  • Deli Ali at 40m seems crazy, I hear it's very staggered and based on appearances but still seems a lot. It may be that Frankie still thinks all chq books are Chelsea chq books and if it goes wrong there is always another chq waiting for you to write.

Iwobi vibes

There is a reason Everton are where they are in the table, LOTS of money wasted
  • His first season Lampard didn’t have anything to spend and did pretty well. Don’t think Tuchel has actually done much better than him in the end. Alli was definitely worth that once upon a time but never thought he’d be bought for that now. They need to create chances for DCL so I guess that’s where they see the chances coming from.
  • Lingard is not going anywhere, say MANU, as per Sky Sports
  • Any takers for Yarmalenko?
  • We could give Yarmo a new contract ,That would be like a new signing =)
  • What times everyone off to bed?
  • edited January 2022
    Hamstew said:

What times everyone off to bed?

I’m going to the pub

EDIT: I’ve also just eaten a pizza, so my days been already except *gestures at West Ham* this
  • steve said:

We could give Yarmo a new contract ,That would be like a new signing =)

Nah.... I hear Carlton Cole is available.
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

What times everyone off to bed?

I’m going to the pub

EDIT: I’ve also just eaten a pizza, so my days been already except *gestures at West Ham* this
    Thanks for the invite. Worst day ever!
  • We have sold a CB (Alves) and released a Striker on loan (Odubeko), yet we mostly agree that we need another CB and Striker.
    Only West Ham would do this.
  • We have sold a CB (Alves) and released a Striker on loan (Odubeko), yet we mostly agree that we need another CB and Striker.
    Only West Ham would do this.

I mean....those two players aren't even close to being near Prem standard...
  • So who plays upfront on Saturday. Doubt it will be. Antonio.
  • What a rubbish window......really has to be questions asked of Moyes and his recruitment

Being cautious is one thing but this is a joke...has to be someone in the world we couldn't purchased

Moyes only has himself to blame if we slide down the table
  • edited January 2022
    Sky Sports claiming that Lingard has been told he won't be leaving Man U

Pretty understandable given the circumstances.
  • Various sources now stating it's very unlikely that we'll sign anyone.

Wow.

Honestly didn't see this coming. I know plenty have said it, but I really thought they'd bring in a striker and a centre back as a minimum.

It's evident now that there was no £50m. If there was, surely we'd have taken a £15m 'risk' on Caleta-Car. At worst we'd make our money back if it didn't work out.

Dreadful from Moyes and the board. They can have no grounds to complain now about fixtures, fatigue or injuries affecting our season. The squad, IMO, was light when the season kicked off, but this month was an opportunity to address that. Once again, we haven't.

Zero ambition to push on. What message does that send to our coveted players? Enjoy Declan Rice for the next four months.

Fuming.
  • Hamstew said:

So who plays upfront on Saturday. Doubt it will be. Antonio.

I'm not doing much Saturday
  • edited January 2022
    At least we have the same number of first team players as we had at the start of the window.

Arsenal have sold Chambers to Villa, let Kolasinac leave on a free, are trying to loan Aubameyang to Barcelona and have signed a 17yo LB
    Hamstew said:

So who plays upfront on Saturday. Doubt it will be. Antonio.

Even Yarmo should be able to score against a 6th tier side
  • At least we have the same number of first team players as we had at the start of the window

Technically, yes, but we won't have Ogbonna available for the rest of the season. So we're significantly weaker than we were in September. So as an absolute minimum we should have signed a centre back that's better than Dawson and Diop.
  • Traore and Lingard are the only realistic signings that improve the team. Hopefully get one in the summer
  • January 8
    we're buying no one. At best a loan deal.

called it
  • Brighton sign German striker Deniz Undav from Royale Union Saint-Gilloise (currently top of the Belgian league)

Brighton chairman Tony bloom owns Union SG

Now there's a surprise...
  • So we end the window with (excluding Ogbonna) a fully fit squad, 5th in the league & in two cup competitions.

I’d have liked a CB & forward but it’s hardly the apocalypse.
  • To be honest i think it is the end of the world ,so why go on =)
This discussion has been closed.