Transfer Deadline Day: Skype to be set to 'busy'

Comments

• From twitter -

West Ham and the transfer window are like men and christmas shopping,we don't start until christmas eve

😂
  • Hamstew said:

Nothing is close. Lol

Preston is, to tears Manchester
    Fixed it for you

• Does anything sum up transfer deadline day on twitter better than this image?
  • Just gets better.

Benfica have now rejected our offer for Nunez, according to SSN, and we're unlikely to pursue Origi or Rhys Healey from Toulouse.

So, with less than 12 hours to go, everything points to us not signing a striker.
  • If true, an absolute shambles!
  • alderz said:

Hamstew said:

Nothing is close. Lol

Preston is, to tears Manchester
    Fixed it for you
    I'm close to Nottingham at the moment hahaha
  • So i got up for no reason ,nice real nice
  • All of a sudden Benteke is looking pretty good to me
  • So Nat Phillips off to Bournmouth on loan ,Nice real nice
  • Am i the only one awake out there
  • Fine see if i care =)
  • edited January 2022
    We should wait till 11pm I know, but I can’t help starting to doubt Moyes and Newman. If you believe the press (😂) we have bid for Phillips and Raphina (who would improve our squad), but we don’t need them as urgently as a striker or CB. If, and it’s a big if IMO, they have wasted time on these two who could wait till the summer, questions will be asked.
  • Took the dog for a walk. Came back to see Caleta-Car isn't happening because we refuse to pay actual money for him, and Nat Phillips, who we've been linked to all month, is going to Bournemouth.

NGL, not really what I was hoping for.
  • It's a shambles. Simon Jordan just confirming DS phantom bids.
  • Hamstew said:

It's a shambles. Simon Jordan just confirming DS phantom bids.

Just seen that. Called him out for lying in the past and said that’s what's happening with these Raphinha/Phillips/Nunez bids. All done to give the impression of trying with no intention of getting the players.
  • Not a panic, but some logic from my perspective. I really don't understand our tactics if even half the rumours are true as we don't seem to have a priority, we're just all over the place.

In my eyes we do need to progress this window because in the summer we are going to have a real issue. Now, as always, if kids are ready, they can fill in some of these positions, but this is what we need now and in 6 months time:

Now - 4 players:
    LB and ST - we've known this since summer. We had a good window in the summer but these two weren't addressed
    LCB - become apparent during the season that we need someone to challenge Oggy on that side.
    ACM or a CM - we almost have the numbers in midfield but as he won't use Kral, with Benrahma away and one injury (Soucek/Noble) it has always felt like we are light here for options off the bench to change a game.

In the summer 2-4 additional players:
    We lose 3 gks, so 1 or 2 gks needed.
    We lose Kral and Noble, so 1 or 2 cms needed
    We lose Masuaku (covered by LB above) and Yarmo (covered by ACM/CM above)

We are not going to sign 8 players in the summer... We need to get some of these ticked today imo.
  • So our squad going into the summer

GK:
    Fabianski / Randolph

RB:
    Johnson (assuming contract extension) / Coufal

CB:
    Ogbonna (assuming contract extension) / Dawson
    Zouma / Diop

LB:
    Cresswell / Masuaku

CM/DM:
    Rice
    Soucek

AM:

Lanzini / Fornals

LW:
    Vlasic / Benrahma

RW:
    Bowen

Striker:
    Antonio

Already down 4 players minimum.
    Randolph isnt fancied hence Areola this year
    Diop isnt fancied
    Masuaku isnt fancied

Potentially 7 players. to somehow come in and improve the squad ? yeah not happening.

Totally sure that extra "50 million" will be available in the summer on top of the summer transfer budget......
  • Randolph is off as well apparently. Him, Areola and Martin all going.
  • If all this is true then showing no real ambition to address the issues will only help to convince the likes of Rice, Soucek and Bowen that we are never going to be genuine challengers for European places on a regular basis.
  • Pretty concerning Yeold. And that's assuming that Rice and Bowen will stay put.

This was such a big window in so many ways, and by the looks of it we're going to blow it.
  • There are so many conflicting reports knocking around some say Nunez is still possible we are going back with new offer several reports say DCC is on and 1 says its not. Also linked with Origi and Bamba Dieng aswell. I guess we will find out tomorrow
  • I don't want much, if we got Origi and Phillips I would've been overjoyed

But this has been a shambles (so far)
  • If all this is true then showing no real ambition to address the issues will only help to convince the likes of Rice, Soucek and Bowen that we are never going to be genuine challengers for European places on a regular basis.

This is the thing. We're in genuine competition for a European spot now, but we seem to be doing nothing to help our cause. I could understand the lack of activity if we were 11th with no threat or relegation and now chance of top six, but we're 5th. We were 4th when the window opened. And yet our starting CB is out for the season, our only striker is showing signs of fatigue and a prolonged dip in form and two of our summer signings are not fancied by the manager, but with a little over 8 hours left we appear to be prepared to run this squad as it is, whilst competing on three fronts.

Just seems barking to me.
  • The club has had so long to think about targets especially a forward but as usual it is all left to the last day and a few scattered bids are flung about . However you never feel that West Ham are really looking at spending big money. They are often linked but never offer decent money.
    Any other clubs with an investor on board would make positive moves like Newcastle.
    The owners got lucky with Moyes doing so well and the players working so hard together but the club seems to run in-spite of our owners not because of them. They don’t seem to show any real love for the club and just seem happy to let it drift along and hope without spending much the manager and players can make things happen so they can just make more money.
  • But this is Moyes doing right? He said himself he has the funds. But the right strikers were not available. But now according to the media and if true, on the last day there are a number of strikers but we've run out of time.
  • I always get the feeling DS leaves it later to get the best deal, not good for the club or its ambitions
  • Hamstew said:

But this is Moyes doing right? He said himself he has the funds. But the right strikers were not available. But now according to the media and if true, on the last day there are a number of strikers but we've run out of time.

If this window pans out how I believe it probably will now, I think both the board and manager would be culpable. As I said earlier in the window, I think the combination of Sullivan's gamesmanship and Moyes' stubbornness are not a great combination. I mean, we've made good signings in recent windows, don't get me wrong, but we signed four first team players in the summer and only one of them plays regularly. The way Moyes has treated Kral and Vlasic makes me think they were 'him or no-one' signings rather than players he really wanted.

Lingard was clearly a Moyes player and he was in the team and un-droppable from Day 1; Benrahma, Vlasic, Kral and Areola have never had a run under the manager that signed them. Strikes me as a bit odd really.
  • Newcastle and West Ham fighting for Lingard.

I wonder who will win? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Newcastle and West Ham fighting for Lingard.

I wonder who will win? 🤦🏻‍♂️

I suspect Man U want Newcastle, and Lingard wants West Ham.

I still have a feeling in my waters it'll be us.
  • OCS wake up we need you on the Lingard story. Get down to Old Trafford now!
This discussion has been closed.