Couldn’t think…. The next part

Comments

• Football gossip say UTD Interested in Haller. I hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.
  • yoyo said:

Football gossip say UTD Interested in Haller. I hope he doesn't come back to haunt us.

I'd imagine that link is about as likely as when we got linked with every Croatian footballer when Bilic joined
  • If ten Haag thinks the Prem is like the Eredivisie then he's in for something of a shock.
  • alderz said:

I actually think Maguire is decent but woefully shot regard confidence at present. The fee was over inflated due to Leicesters league winning season in which everyone thought their players were special. Kante was the driving force and Mahrez the inspiration, not too many superstars aside from them two.

But Leicester won the league in 2016, and Maguire didn't even join Leicester until 2017. The transfer happened to Man Utd in 2019, so I'm not convinced their title win had anything to do with the price. It's more that Man Utd are terrible at business, and English players cost a lot more because of home grown rules.

I need do more research!! I was convinced he was part of their premiership winning team and that was why he achieved such a transfer. United could no doubt have got their actual championship winning centre back Robert Huth and had 89m left from the 90m they paid for Maguire.
  • alderz said:

I actually think Maguire is decent but woefully shot regard confidence at present. The fee was over inflated due to Leicesters league winning season in which everyone thought their players were special. Kante was the driving force and Mahrez the inspiration, not too many superstars aside from them two.

But Leicester won the league in 2016, and Maguire didn't even join Leicester until 2017. The transfer happened to Man Utd in 2019, so I'm not convinced their title win had anything to do with the price. It's more that Man Utd are terrible at business, and English players cost a lot more because of home grown rules.

I need do more research!! I was convinced he was part of their premiership winning team and that was why he achieved such a transfer. United could no doubt have got their actual championship winning centre back Robert Huth and had 89m left from the 90m they paid for Maguire.
    It makes Leicester’s title win even more impressive when you remember their back four was Danny Simpson, Robert Huth, Wes Morgan and Christian Fuchs
  • Haller seems to be on a few teams list to buy according to recent gossip columns. You know we havent got a sell on percentage clause though....
  • Maguires on such a bad run he gets relegated to the bench and now perhaps has a season ending injury. (and the crowd breathe a sigh of relief). Considering Southgate has dropped a few high profile players in recent times for a lack of form/playing time, will he do it with Maguire? Someone he's supposed to rate and trust? We can hope. Who alongside Stones is leading candidate? I noted Reece James recently (upon return from another injury) played RCB. Could we really fit him and TAA in the same side? Lots of questions... Who has answers (postcard not obligatory)
  • edited April 2022
    Good interview with David Moyes on BBC Sport site: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61249165
  • edited April 2022
    Bazshuayi said:

Maguires on such a bad run he gets relegated to the bench and now perhaps has a season ending injury. (and the crowd breathe a sigh of relief). Considering Southgate has dropped a few high profile players in recent times for a lack of form/playing time, will he do it with Maguire? Someone he's supposed to rate and trust? We can hope. Who alongside Stones is leading candidate? I noted Reece James recently (upon return from another injury) played RCB. Could we really fit him and TAA in the same side? Lots of questions... Who has answers (postcard not obligatory)

For me, Maguire has always been good for England. I don't remember him letting the side down at all, and I would be very, very surprised not to see him starting for England at the World Cup.

I personally don't think Reece James is a viable CB option unless we're playing a back 3, and I think the Lampard - Gerrard debacle should have taught us about trying to force too similar players into the same side.

That said, I think the other CB options next to Stones are likely to be Ben White, Marc Guehi, Conor Coady, Fikayo Tomori. I know that Tyrone Mings has played a fair amount for England, but he's never really impressed and is only a rotation at best.
  • Haven't seen a link to this article on the BBC about Moyes yet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61249165
  • Dodger58 said:
    When has he captained us against Roma?
  • edited April 2022

Dodger58 said:
    Aug 2007, friendly, West ham won 2-1.
  • Mina Raiola dies at the age of 54.
  • https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=136939

Have to say Thursday game brought the idiots out there were a loads of people standing on the stairs as they could n't be bothered to sit at the back and the stewards had to ask them loads of times to go to their seats . Abusing an 81 old former player is shameful.
  • Dodger58 said:
    Aug 2007, friendly, West ham won 2-1.
    Lucas Neill played in that game, so presumably he was captain. Matt Upson also played, and he was given the club captaincy about 3 weeks later when Neill left us, so if it wasn't Neill it probably wasn't Noble.

It's probably more likely that the BBC couldn't be bothered to look up our results in Europe this season because we aren't one of the rich clubs.
  • City game on Sunday 15th May has been brought forward to 2pm ko, from 4.30pm. Gives us an extra 2.5 hours recovery before the final.🤞 COYI
  • edited May 2022
    Presumably all PL games are now 2pm?

Edit: ignore me, I thought this was our last game
  • Ignored. 😁
  • Bournemouth coming back up.

Can't say I'm particularly thrilled about that. Like Parker, obvs, but such an annoying team last time they were in the PL.
  • Liverpool in a spot of bother =)
  • OCS, One of their main irritants now plays for Newcastle.
  • steve said:

Liverpool in a spot of bother =)

Now out of it.

Villareal want to think about getting a new keeper.
  • steve said:

Now out of it.

steve said:

Now out of it.

Now if they’d bought a new goalkeeper in January……..

Sorry OCS I couldn’t resist it.😂

• steve said:

Now out of it.

Well with one Arsenal and three Spurs rejects one would hope so.
  • Jesse Lingard

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61320043

Can't say I have much sympathy for him
  • But it wasn't up to him was it?
  • I reckon he got persuaded by Ole to stay on the premise of time on the pitch. Subsequently, it didnt take long to see that this wasnt happening. If he had any clue as to the game time I think he'd have willing come to us (which is annoying and IMO down to OGS)
  • Athletics looking to leave London Stadium reckon they will go to new stadium in Birmingham for the commonwealth games
  • Selfishly, it'd be nice to have the stadium as our football one
This discussion has been closed.