Other teams' games through December 2021 and New Year 2022

Comments

• If GNev thinks the ManU players are whingers then I can't wait to hear his analysis of Tuchel. 😆
  • Come on the Burnley
  • edited December 2021
    Like Ally McCoist on Comms. One of the best imo.
  • edited December 2021
    I see Man Utd have turned it around after their win yesterday. Loads of talk about their sensational new look performance against a third bottom team.
  • They weren't that good. Decent first half. It was a pretty boring game.
  • Just saw the BBC article looking at whether Ragnick is finally taking them back to the top.

Dear me. They were dross against Norwich and Newcastle and have beaten Burnley. Embarrassing.
  • edited December 2021
    All the Man Utd fans at work thought they were rubbish and boring hahaha
  • They weren't that good. Decent first half. It was a pretty boring game.

I fell asleep. Woke up about 10 minutes before the end.
  • Is that really a penalty? Seems we are going back to the 'old style' penalty. Any contact...

Imo that sort of thing is often not given as a foul...Silva was diving, the ' pull' on the shirt was in a different direction and wasn't what caused him to fall to the ground. The fall was an attempt to convince the ref he's being fouled.
  • A “Top 3” penalty.
  • Definite penalty imo. First of all steps across then heaves him to the ground with a handful of shirt.

Anyway, any penalty call against Arsenal is a good one following the Coufal incident.
  • Arsenal are actually a horrible moany team now. In the refs ear constantly.
  • I'd like to see that second yellow again, too. It looks like Jesus goes down clutching his face but I couldn't see Gabriel touched his face?
  • It was a foul though, and a yellow

Dunno what Pep is playing at, they haven't even had a shot on target other than the pen
  • Desperately want City to get another, keeps us close to Arsenal and it'll annoy Keown
  • MrsGrey said:

I'd like to see that second yellow again, too. It looks like Jesus goes down clutching his face but I couldn't see Gabriel touched his face?

Definite yellow regardless of any face contact, he knew exactly what he was doing. Obviously out of order if Jesus was play acting.

Ref. the penalty incident, imo it shouldn't be a penalty (reminds me of a Pires penalty against us a good few years ago); the tug of the shirt was not and never would be sufficient to make a 10 year old fall over, let alone a grown man, but with how matches are refereed these days you're pushing your luck if you grab a handful of the shirt of one of the "big" clubs.
  • It wasn't just a shirt pull there's also contact with the knees. Xhaka steps across him, makes contact AND pulls the shirt. It's a nailed on pen regardless of Silva's antics.

Both yellows deserved too imo.
  • City score in injury time.
  • He was absolutely determined to get that shirt off 😅
  • That was hilarious
  • How on earth can they moan? That’s the most blatant penalty I have ever seen.
  • Red card and a pen against happy new year Arsenal lol, Now for spuds to lose
  • I really wish Arteta had been at the game, just to see the delight on his face.
    Personally think Ref/Var got all big decisions right, Lee Dixon in studio fuming, never nice to see LOL.....
    Gabriel, what a fool.......
  • Arsenal’s wasn’t a penalty IMHO as when you review it in slow motion Odegaard makes contact with Ederson’s foot first. Of course my eyes might be doing me a disservice. 😁
  • My eyes hurt looking at that Spurs kit.
  • If any of you are watching the stream with the Irish commentator, do you know his name? He's doing my head in.
  • Come on watford!!
  • Dreadful reffing, blows up when the Watford guy is about to shoot.
  • MrsGrey said:

If any of you are watching the stream with the Irish commentator, do you know his name? He's doing my head in.

I had to change streams.

And now for the Watford game I seem to have Gary Burbles.

What are the chances I get Tony Gale for ours? 😧
  • This is Watford that we scored 4 against, yeah?
This discussion has been closed.