Other teams' games through December 2021 and New Year 2022

Comments

• How can you ban a parent from a public park? The Police will not be involved so who has the jurisdiction?
  • edited December 2021
    I have coached junior football for ten years now & over the couple of years, possibly due to the players ages, I have found my enjoyment diminished. I could write reams on this subject but to try to keep it brief about a year ago I was given some abuse off an opposition player which having been reported to the league lead to absolutely no sanction being taken against the player nor his team. We have a match later today versus a team that thrashed us earlier in the season but who still managed to get two players booked for arguing with the referee! They got fined but I couldn't work out why they had the need to "kick off" when they were winning so convincingly. The parents do play up occasionally but some of the worst offenders are the coaches who turn into SAF, Arteta or Klopp at the drop of a hat which transfers onto the pitch so their players react.
  • edited December 2021
    Well, I don't have a problem with that.

It's a parent's choice what activities they let their kid do.
  • No, they're banned from watching the match from the touchline. They could watch from their car, if the pitch is near the car park. All anyone wants is to watch the match without abusing people, namely the ref.
  • I know it's never going to happen though 😁
  • edited December 2021

But if parents get a ban then more like as not the kid just won't get taken to training or the match. These parents often see their kids as extensions of their own self and if you ban the parents they will spit their dummy out and extend the ban to their kids.

Which is very unfortunate.

But I have also seen a Mum pull her kid out of a youth team entirely because a Dad effectively got in a fight with another Dad, after abusing the ref.

It is ridiculous how seriously some 'adults' take a local youth match. The level I'm talking about, none of us were likely to make it as professionals or anything. This was many years ago too, and from what I hear it's worse now.
  • so will our league cup game be on ?
  • When I coached and refereed young rugby, each set of parents were told, one warning then a second would cause your team to forfeit the game. It soon stopped
  • so will our league cup game be on ?

Nah, Dec's dad got banned for swearing at the linesman and now he won't let him play.
  • Typical Kane finds his scoring boots just in time for us
  • Omg, that's a red surely.
  • Apparently not.

Games gone.
  • Why have they stopped using the pitch side monitor? Surely if the ref goes to look at that again he sends Kane off?
  • Let’s get rid of VAR as it’s all random now and a waste of time when big names are involved
  • So that foul given when Milner steps across ... That's the Dawson not-penalty, right there.
  • Let’s get rid of VAR as it’s all random now and a waste of time when big names are involved

No, I want it but I want it to be used properly.

Where the decision require judgement ( IE not offside) it should be used to help get the decision right. And none of this 'clear and obvious' rubbish. If it's an error it's an error.
  • MrsGrey said:

Apparently not.

Games gone.

If that was Antonio, it would have been red. 100% sure of that. If it was Joelinton, Che Adams, Benteke, it would have been red.

This league is a joke.
  • Allison seems to be a bit accident prone last few games I've sen him play.
  • MrsGrey said:

Apparently not.

Games gone.

If that was Antonio, it would have been red. 100% sure of that. If it was Joelinton, Che Adams, Benteke, it would have been red.

This league is a joke.
    It's a great watch though. If only they could both lose,!
  • edited December 2021
    My favourite pundit comment so far - Jenas on the earlier game...
    Pep doesn't get the credit he deserves.
    Lol

#undertheradar
    Pep who?

• Liverpool ahead, oh dear how sad never mind
  • How did that Liverpool goal stand? Surely because it hit Salah's hand it has to be ruled out?

I want Liverpool to win (which makes me feel filthy) but I just don't understand how the rules don't apply for all teams.
  • edited December 2021
    This is actually a great game for the ...
  • It changes from game to game, depending on which rubbish ref is in charge.
  • Much as I detest Klopp, and Liverpool fc in general, I'd be happy for them to beat the Spuds. I'll go and wash my mouth out
  • MrsGrey said:

This is actually a great game for the ...

Actually, if that Robertson is red, it's an outrage.
  • edited December 2021
    So VAR reviewed the Robertson challenge but not the Kane one.

Right.

I'm done with football and I don't even really care about this game.
  • That tackle was nowhere near as dangerous as the Kane one.
    So inconsistent in all ways ... So now they send the ref to the monitor.
  • edited December 2021
    The Spurs player also kicked Robertson before Robertson kicked him!

How the Kane one wasn't a Red ...
This discussion has been closed.