WHU vs ARS

Comments

• MIAHammer said:

Tierney is a cheat.

And Lacazette, and Arteta.
  • Go away Keown. (Other words apply)
  • I am not too bothered by the result.

I take one thing from the game; thank god I am not an Arsenal fan. What a disgraceful side.
  • Lukerz said:

I am not too bothered by the result.

I take one thing from the game; thank god I am not an Arsenal fan. What a disgraceful side.

This is entirely how I feel
  • …..and now Fabianski saved the penalty as he is an ex-Arsenal player!
  • Was at the game, absolute garbage from both West Ham and the ref.
    Feel like we have been sussed out. Forward players were tripe. Still criminal we have no striker alternative. Antonio is completely ineffective currently, opposition just stick one on him and pick up the loose ball.

Honestly wouldn't put it past Norwich to beat us.
  • Just to add a bit of positivity.

Craig Dawson, well played sir, brilliant game from him.
  • Ashby did well I thought. Pretty big moment for him
  • This from the BBC sums it up really:

"Coufal's unintentional foul on Tierney in the first half incited protest from Arsenal's players, before referee Anthony Taylor quickly defused the situation with a yellow card."

If it was unintentional, then how can it be a booking? Was it done just to placate the Arsenal players?

Dawson and Fab did the things they are good at really well - shots blocked, shots saved. Both of them were really poor when distributing the ball.

Idk, maybe I’m being harsh but I feel very down in the dumps about this result.

Dawson does the ugly stuff really well, but his defending for the first goal was pretty ropey (as was Coufal's, to be fair), and he got turned far too easily on a number of occasions. Body-on-the-line stuff is great, but he's slow and very limited with the ball at his feet.

If we want to be a regular top six side, we need better than Dawson, IMO.
  • alderz said:

Just to add a bit of positivity.

Dawson and Fab did the things they are good at really well - shots blocked, shots saved. Both of them were really poor when distributing the ball.

Idk, maybe I’m being harsh but I feel very down in the dumps about this result.
    For me its because their moron fans will act like even bigger morons
  • Or basically what alderz said.
  • Moyes thinks it’s a penalty & Coufal needed to get more of the ball.
  • I think Moyes did make a good point that he should have pushed the ball forward (toe poked it) rather than try to play into the player as it was a very risky attempt. In todays game of all the options he had he chose the most risky as it needed a very clean contact with the ball and anything else was possibly going to result in a penalty.
  • I sat with the home fans listening to my Dad and his gooner mates moaning constantly whilst that idiot Arteta was doing the Hokey Cokey in front of me all game. I’ve had better evenings 😑
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes thinks it’s a penalty & Coufal needed to get more of the ball.

Moyes is wrong, IMO.
  • Taylor should never be allowed to ref us again, it's so obvious that he's completely biased against us. If he doesn't give the penalty, there's no way VAR give it (tbh, I'm disgusted they didn't overturn it), but Taylor is just a liability when it comes to reffing us. He's a disgrace, and I'm amazed that we've not made complaints against him.

Don't think we deserved anything from the game, we were second best all evening, but I'm filled with a sense of injustice over the penalty and sending off. Antonio is so out of form it's ridiculous that we're playing him, but, thanks to a dreadful transfer policy in the last 2 windows, we've no-one else.

We'll be lucky to finish top 8 atm, even top half will be half decent tbh. I've a feeling I'm not going to enjoy the rest of this season very much.
  • Still absolutely fuming with that pen and yellowbecomingred decision. He got the ball.

At 1-0 down with 11 men we had a chance to get the draw. No chance with 10.

However, admittedly they were by far the better team tonight.
    Really not happy.
  • So Ashby plays on Saturday? Anyone know where Frederiks is these days.
  • We have a more favourable run of fixtures now & we do need reinforcements in January.

However no need to get overly downhearted based on the last month. We have had a tough run of fixtures with Liverpool, Wolves, City, Chelsea, Brighton, Burnley & Arsenal.
  • And if Cresswell isn’t fit, Longelo too!
  • Our play is so less effective both offensively and defensively without Cresswell. Masu can play LWB but he can't play LB at prem level.

We need Cress back, fit, and in form desperately.

Also, another choice of LB definitely needed either in Jan or Summer. Dependent (Jan or Summer) by how bad this injury is to Cress, and potential form of Longelo (who looked good in the euro game).
  • What we definitely need ideally Jan 1 is another option up top. Ideally a proper striker or at the very least Lingard as a potential false 9.

Ant is pretty woefull at the moment, but so little option to not play him.

However, saying that, if he provides nothing in the first 45 against Norwich get him off and go:

Fornals--Lanzini--Benrhama
    --------Bowen--------
  • Seems like Moyes was really not pleased with Coufal in general today. This was his response to questions about the first goal:

“If our full-back had been in a proper full-back position we would have stopped the goal”
  • Not sure where to start, think that I agree with almost all the prior comments already made and do not disagree with the rest.

Ho hum
  • Easy to say in hindsight, but Antonio needs a rest and should not have played last night.
    He has lost his edge and needs to know he is not the guaranteed starter.
    I would personally play Vlasic instead.
  • Perverse as it might seem Antonio normally has an enforced rest through being injured. We are struggling through not having a decent replacement he really appears to be off form. DM made reference to us not doing what we did before the international break up top. The penalty I can see why it was given based on the reviews but there was a time when first contact on the ball meant it wasn't a foul. Didn't Allison get the slightest of touches on the ball last Saturday v Aston Villa before catching Ings so no penalty was awarded? Coufal made a challenge for the ball, ok it wasn't perfect, but he got the ball first but it was deemed as reckless by Anthony Taylor. The inexperienced VAR official didn't feel able to stand up to him and ask him to look at it on the screen. Anyway it's gone now.
  • I've calmed down a bit from last night. I really wish Moysie had bopped Arteta on the nose and put him back in his box.
  • I'd calmed down.

And now I'm watching the Liverpool game.

Now no pen after TAA gets a touch on the ball and takes out the opposition player.