WHU vs ARS

Comments

• I look forward to the day when the match thread is titled Match.
  • I look forward to when he corrects who's home and who's away.
  • Hamstew said:

I look forward to when he corrects who's home and who's away.

I don’t care where we play them as long as we smash them
  • Shambles of a thread title.
  • Seriously let himself go. Someone should check in on him.
  • If we click, we can win this. I don’t feel Arsenal are as good as their form suggests. Have played a lot of bottom half sides of late. If Antonio is on it (plus Benrahma, Bowen etc) we will cause them loads of problems.
  • Perhaps we should have a new rule that if the heading is not up to our high standards .then that person gets a red card and cant do another game thread for 3 games win loose or draw .of course they could appeal in which case we all get to vote =) And yes i am drinking =)
  • Or we should just ban the chuckle brothers from making threads
  • All signs point to a loss. Their form. Our form. Alderz doing the thread.
  • Or we should just ban the chuckle brothers from making threads

If I’ve got time to consider posting about the next game, not find a thread, go make a tea, come back and decide I’ll have to start the thread, then it’s on all of you lot, to be honest
  • Be warned. If Alderz does the next thread it will probably be in the style of old PES teams. East London v Norfolk City.
  • All signs point to a loss. Their form. Our form. Alderz doing the thread.

I've actually just done what you did and went through my match threads, and it turns out we draw a lot when I do match threads. Of my 18 match threads (in 11 years, by the way), we've won 8 (44.4%), drawn 7 (38.9%) and lost 3 (16.7%).

Maybe I'm the boring one...
  • alderz said:

All signs point to a loss. Their form. Our form. Alderz doing the thread.

I've actually just done what you did and went through my match threads, and it turns out we draw a lot when I do match threads. Of my 18 match threads (in 11 years, by the way), we've won 8 (44.4%), drawn 7 (38.9%) and lost 3 (16.7%).

Maybe I'm the boring one...
    Mrs G, can we set up a poll 👹
  • According to the Athletic Aubameyang was given permission to fly to France on Tuesday and was supposed to return on Wednesday but didn't come back until Thursday. He will probably be in the squad on Wednesday

Apart from Kolasinac (injured on international duty three weeks ago) no notable absences
  • Fabianski
    Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Cresswell
    Soucek, Rice
    Fornals, Lanzini, Masuaku
    Bowen
  • Is this on TV?
  • Yes it’s on BT Sport.
  • Got my dates mixed up again, I'm working Wednesday, off Thursday.

Train 055, 7:26pm - 9:33pm, coming through Stratford eastbound around 9:28pm
  • Lawro has us as a loss, there is hope then
  • edited December 2021
    Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Diop - Cresswell/Masuaku
    Rice - Soucek
    Vlasic - Fornals - Lanzini
    Bowen
  • I suspect that Norwich would prefer us to rest Antonio on Saturday after he put 4 past them last time we met.
    I thought he was ok yesterday and would start him against Arsenal.
  • I thought he was pretty dreadful yesterday.
  • Yeah the whole summer the talk was we needed to keep him fit, forgetting the fact he also needs to be in form.
  • I think the front three of Bowen - Antonio - Benrahma needs a shake up. Vlasic & Fornals in. Bowen up front. Antonio & Benrahma impact subs off the bench.
  • I was thinking the same, in the last few games Antonio has not done enough ,Having said that the Arsenal game could be his type as they will let us play and come on to us which means he could get more space to do some damage
  • Sky go for 2-0
  • Armstrong Okoflex was not in today's U-23 squad. Injured or being readied for the bench for this game? We need more players who could come on and make a difference. May be Okoflex over Yarmalenko to give us more offensive possibilities.
  • Lukerz said:

Yeah the whole summer the talk was we needed to keep him fit, forgetting the fact he also needs to be in form.

Quite a few of us stated both fitness and form as concerns with Antonio. We all know that he tends to blow very hot and cold, so barren spells and ineffective performances were always likely, which makes the decision to not bring in an alternative all the more frustrating.