WHU vs ARS

Comments

• Antonio is seriously out of form imo, but, as was the case last season, we just have no-one else. The decision not to bring another CF in is really starting to hurt us now, and even if we play Bowen up front then we compromise in two positions by having to play someone less effective as a right attacking midfielder.

Behrahma has also gone off the boil after a promising start to the season, but at least we can bench him.
  • I dont think Fornals did too much wrong to be out of the side. Lanzini has looked composed in the middle and Bowen, IMO, has been our most dangerous player behind Antonio for a while. Perhaps Fornals - Lanzini - Bowen behind Antonio...

That said, Antonios lack of form... Is it a case of him not being fed? That hes not holding up the ball for us centrally to latch onto when getting forward? He's drifted left and right and I am wondering if its because he's not getting on the ball enough centrally or being passed to there. He's obviously used to being on the wing and I am cool with us being fluid but if hes wide then who's in the middle (outside of an advancing player from further back and we cant rely on that happening all the time).

I know it feels like a broken record by some of us but Lingard I believe will reinvigorate our attack and I truly hope we go out strongly to get him in January. Failing that, we definitely need someone to take the burden from Antonio centrally
  • edited December 2021
    Don’t think Benrahma has done enough to start…
    He has the skills, no doubt, but for me is wasteful and often has poor decision making..
    Fornals plays ahead of him IMO…

Missed Cresswell, without him it seems we simply don’t want to cross the ball, Antonio has a good record scoring headed goals, we missing a trick there…

I agree re Lingard, IMO he is quality and a definite improvement on some of what we have…

Also see Arsenal are the latest club to be affected by Covid, but at this stage no concern about the game going ahead…
    COYI⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • At this rate will just be lucky if this goes ahead

United vs Brentford already postponed due to COVID cases

Rumours saying some in the Arsenal camp may have caught it
  • Fornals and Cresswell both make the team play better. Fornals' energy and link play, Creswell's passing and crossing. Against Arsenal, they'll be massive. 🤩
  • Might not be the worst thing for this to be postponed. Can't see anything but a loss on current form.
  • edited December 2021
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been stripped of the Arsenal captaincy, and won't be available for selection against West Ham tomorrow night in the Premier League.

Source from Sky
  • It's good to have a six pointer at the right end of the table.
  • From the press conference

"We're hoping Cressy's got a chance and we're pushing hard for him to be ready for the game".

On Antonio's form

"His all-round form is really important to how we play, but I've seen signs it's just beginning to click a little with him again, so hopefully we're not too far away"

So that's Antonio to score from a Cresswell assist

Meanwhile in N7

Aubameyang has lost the armband and will not be in the squad tomorrow

Xhaka could get the armband back after losing it two years ago under Unai Emery for getting a tad upset with the Gooner fans.

Or it could be Lacazette who was captain against Saints on Saturday
  • Our record at Arsenal is horrific. 10 losses out of 11.
  • Will be watching this at home with a Gooner . We've been best mates since meeting at Agricultural college 43 years ago. COME ON YOU IRONS PLEASE
  • 2-1 Hammers.

COYI
  • I will be watching this feed again :)
  • Okoflex on the bench would be a good sign that Moyes acknowledges our need for at least one other striker to possibly come on. Yarmo and Vlasic have not really impacted games of late. Not surprised with the former but disappointed about the latter.
    I also like the attack of
    Benrahma Lanzini Fornals
    Bowen
    and keep Antonio and Okoflex for the last 20 minutes if are needing to change up.
    Settle for 2-2.
  • I’m in Bangladesh right now for work and going to try and wake up at 2am for this. Last time I did this Adrian scored the winning penalty against Everton so let’s hope for similar success.
  • Impressive, Outcast. And how many in Bangladesh have even heard of the Mighty Hammers ? Maybe a few more after tonight !
  • On business? Does it involve a retail premises with high humidity?
  • edited December 2021
    Fabianski
    Coufal Dawson Diop Masuaku
    Soucek Rice
    Bowen Lanzini Fornals
    Antonio

Subs: Yarmolenko, Vlasic, Areola, Noble, Benrahma, Král, Oko-Flex, Alese, Ashby
  • Sadly no Cresswell but good to see not only OkoFlex but also Ashby on the bench. This will be a close game but with goals I suspect. I would have gone for us taking the three points had we our first eleven defence but sadly I can't see a clean sheet now, so we will need Antonio to be on form.
  • Antonio to score in the first 15 minutes, I've gone early 😄
  • All our players need to be on there game for us to get anything .Gunners unchanged for the 3rd game in a row and look like they might be building something .was really hoping Cresswell would be fit .Would take a point at the moment
  • I’m in Row 2 behind the Essex Hammers banner. COYI. 😁
  • edited December 2021
    Not got a great feeling about this one. Think our 'not losing by more than one goal' record is gone tonight. Arsenal are one of our hoodoo teams and with Antonio out of form I just don't see us getting anything out of the game.

Heart says score draw; head says 2-0 Arsenal.
  • Fancy us tonight

Will be loads of space to counter, lots of space for Rice to burst into, they will come at us

Antonio to score again
  • edited December 2021
    Oko hatrick in the last 10 minutes for a 3-1 win nurse
  • IronHerb said:

I’m in Row 2 behind the Essex Hammers banner. COYI. 😁

I'll wave if the banner is on the telly :)
  • I was in Courchevel 1850 on my first ever skiing holiday for the match there in the 05/06 season, when they were a much stronger side than they are now, and we beat them 3-2. I'm in La Tania (in the same ski valley as Courchevel) atm, so I'm hoping it's a good omen.
  • Take your top off, so your topless, then there is more chance of us seeing you Herbie 😁
  • Fingers and toes crossed
  • Anthony Taylor in charge.

Liverpool nailed on for a penalty tonight.