WHU vs ARS

Comments

• I know Coufal is most often first choice, but until their injuries all four of the injured defenders were first choice in their positions. It’s a big loss. And we particularly miss Cresswell’s delivery too.
  • WHY did it take so long for Masuaku to get around Lanzini there? He’s being so conservative tonight I just don’t understand it
  • Maybe he's been told to do it.
  • Final third decision making is poor again. Masuaku fires a cross over the bar.
  • Antonio, what a waste of space.
  • We lose it again under pressure and only a wonder save from Fab keeps them out.

Need half time here.
  • Great block from Dawson, then Fab tips a shot from Tierney onto the bar. But it all came from Lanzini giving a hospital pass to Rice to give the ball away
  • Antonio isn’t controlling anything. We need to do something different.
  • Speaking of, it looks like Bowen has gone central and Antonio wide right…
  • I can’t believe how dramatic Antonio’s downturn in form has been. He can’t do anything.
  • edited December 2021
    Man, even Rice is having a stinker. The only one playing well is Dawson and that’s because it’s backs to the wall stuff.
  • The fact they aren’t winning is astonishing
  • Good lord, what was that from Antonio. Awful, awful pass.

Honestly think I could offer as much as Antonio out there tonight.
  • Good lord, what was that from Antonio. Awful, awful pass.

Honestly think I could offer as much as Antonio out there tonight.

You lost me with the second half of that post
  • We need to play this far more simpler

Just ping the ball in behind instead of making 4 passes in our own half until they pinch it off us time & time again
  • How this is still 0-0 I have no idea.
  • I can’t believe how dramatic Antonio’s downturn in form has been. He can’t do anything.

His performance in this half just reminds me of that “cross” he did against Palace a few years ago. This is such a poor performance from him it’s almost hard to believe
  • Antonio needs to come off. Cresswell our biggest miss imo
  • Bowen up top, Benrahma or Vlasic on, Antonio off I think based on that
  • I'm not sure a Moysie rocket is going to work tonight.
  • Well that was vintage West Ham. Backs to the wall, no composure on the ball, no out ball, no threat up front.

Looking at the bench, what have we got to change it? Benrahma out of form, Vlasic yet to get into it. Yarmolenko hopeless, Oko-Flex completely untested at this level.

We need January and we need some options.
  • It wasn't a good pass because it was into an area where we had no players. But last game, someone else passed the ball into an area where we had no player and instead of castigating the passer, some people were castigating the missing player for not having run into the space to connect with the pass.
  • No shots of target and toothless up front. Antonio has been missing in action. Hoping for a better second half. Would Benrahma and Okoflex make a difference?
  • In good news, we have defended really well against what has been some very tricky & quick football
  • Impressed with Arsenal, they actually have a physicality and bite which they have lacked for a long while, since the days of Vieara. I am hoping they will get a little tired so if we can keep them out we may get more counter opportunity in the final twenty minutes.

Our lack of composure is a result of their tenacity, they are allowing us no time on the ball as all. Our moment will come, I feel sure.
  • MrsGrey said:

It wasn't a good pass because it was into an area where we had no players. But last game, someone else passed the ball into an area where we had no player and instead of castigating the passer, some people were castigating the missing player for not having run into the space to connect with the pass.

If you’re talking about when Antonio stood behind two Burnley CBs and didn’t move so they had an easy interception, then that was entirely on him. And him hoofing the ball to their keeper on the break is also poor.

I get that he’s probably getting more of a bashing because he’s been bad and we’ve got him under a microscope, but both things were his mistakes.
  • Well we are putting bodys on the line something we never use to
  • Pengeman said:

No shots of target and toothless up front. Antonio has been missing in action. Hoping for a better second half. Would Benrahma and Okoflex make a difference?

An in-form Benrahma could, but his form has gone the way of Antonio's. What we need is composure and good decision-making in the final third, and I don't think that's Benrahma at the moment.
  • Arthur getting skinned by Saka time and time again… Offered little going forward…
    Somewhat fortunate to be level….
    Not sure much more can be said 🤔
  • Pengeman said:

No shots of target and toothless up front. Antonio has been missing in action. Hoping for a better second half. Would Benrahma and Okoflex make a difference?

If we can bring them both on for Antonio then I wouldn’t mind that.