Liverpool (h) 4:30pm Sunday 7th November Sky Sports

Comments

• alderz said:

The Zouma goal I was on my knees shouting as the corner came in. That’s probably my moment of the match

There was a guy two rows in front of me who had turned away during the corner. Maybe he should just do that for entire games in future.
    So you’re telling me that since he turned around we’re aggregate 0-1 down?
  • No he faced the game again after Zouma scored - so we're up 1-0 when he's looking the wrong way but 2-2 for when he faced the game.
  • alderz said:

The Zouma goal I was on my knees shouting as the corner came in. That’s probably my moment of the match

There was a guy two rows in front of me who had turned away during the corner. Maybe he should just do that for entire games in future.
    Sure that wasn't Klopp? 😂
  • No he faced the game again after Zouma scored - so we're up 1-0 when he's looking the wrong way but 2-2 for when he faced the game.

Sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. Zouma scored when he wasn’t facing, he then turned back around, they scored. Feels like this guy needs to turn the heck back
  • Zouma`s goal had me off my seat ,trouble was the dog was asleep on my legs .wife wanted to know why he was walking funny .Dont ask me i was watching the game =) Also Bowens run to set up Fornals unreal
  • edited November 2021
    I had just poured the water into my cup of tea. Went into the living room, watched Zoumas header, screamed "Get in there you beauty" and then saw the cat had leaped off the cushion about 2 feet up in the air and then fly across the room like the flash hahaha. He's recovered now.
  • IronHerb said:
    Have to give card details to read that, what’s the gist for those of us that don’t want to?
  • Chelsea may be top but the real story of this season is coming from the former Olympic Park. West Ham are above Liverpool after beating them on Sunday, sit equal on points with Manchester City, have sexy set pieces and now four league wins in a row. They have won the season so far

No team has exceeded expectations more than West Ham, who were universally expected to return to the middle of the league after last year’s nose-bloodying in empty stadiums.

Their calling cards were all over their 3-2 win against Liverpool, and so much nicer than the ICF's old souvenirs. It is not a massively complicated formula, a well-kept shape, counter-attacking and well-executed set plays. Yet there is something satisfying about seeing their brand of football thrive, a break from the impeccable pressing and possession approach that has become the unchallenged orthodoxy at the top level.

Arguably the most miraculous transformation is the atmosphere of the London Stadium, which has gone from white elephant to fortress. For all the running track woe, there is a critical mass effect of 50,000-plus fans in any venue. West Ham would be roared on effectively at the moment even if they added a second running track, another for the dogs and a couple of diving pools. With a loaded bloke from Brno waiting in the wings (or the executive boxes) to sweep the club off their feet, these are truly the good times.

It goes on to say that it may not last but finishes with: -

For their supporters and a growing fanclub of neutrals the hope is this team continues their joyous over-achievement.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/11/08/chelsea-might-top-premier-league-west-ham-winning-season-far/
  • So if the corner from which Zuma scored was your best moment what was your best moment withinthe corner? was it the position of Antonio straight behind Van Diijk so he couldn't move backward or was it Trent- Alexander standing watching as a spectator as Zuma powers up to nod it in?
  • ‘Sexy’ set pieces? Hmmmm
  • I noticed that with TAA just standing and watching. He really didn't fancy getting involved with Zouma.
  • edited November 2021
    This made me laugh - taken from Twitter

• Was Zouma joining in the ZOOUUMMAA chants after he scored? It certainly looked like it. 😂
  • Thanks for posting that Herb.

I liked Dec blocking VVD. He just stood there. VVD was the only defender who realised it was going long, he turned to run to the back and couldn't as Dec was just standing like a wall right next to him.
  • Yikes. OS has confirmed Ogbonna suffered an ACL injury.

No timeline of recovery stated, but I can't imagine it'll be a quick recovery.
  • Yeah, just saw that OCS. That’s a big blow.
  • Terrible news
  • Could be a career ender at his age. 33 years old ACL probably out for the season. Then having to regain fitness and manage it back. Hard seeing him coming back. Gutting news.
  • They haven't said it's a tear or anything, just that it's damaged. I'm hoping that could mean a sprain, or a pull.

But yeah, at 33, it could take a while to get back to full fitness either way.
  • Hope its minor but you hear ACL is almost always pretty significant

Don't think he's been in the best of form given how good he can be, but he's a huge character and a huge part of this team....it is a huge blow

But good we can call on either Dawson or Diop, may even open up a chance on the bench for Baptiste or Alese
  • Dawson did well when he came on, and I think Zouma will bring the best out of Diop, so we have decent cover at least.
  • Well he jogged off into the tunnel, so it could just be a sprain.
  • He clearly jarred his knee when he turned to face the attacker and it looked bad right away. I was amazed he got back on the pitch. Hope this did not make it worse. Big shame for him but both Dawson and Diop are good back ups. Now we will just have to win the title for Oggy.
  • Well he jogged off into the tunnel, so it could just be a sprain.

This is a really important factor, IMO. The fact he wasn't stretchered is a really good sign. Also, he came back on after jarring his knee, it was the facial injury that he went off from. I think a tear is unlikely, but who knows.
  • Sad news Wish him well ,Hope its not a start of a trend .Been kind of lucky so far
  • Crooks put Zouma and Fornals in his totw but talked about Liverpool more than the players themselves in each of the write ups.
  • Not to be a doom monger, but I lost 1.5 ACLs and my anterior Ligament at the same time when I was 30 (Rugby injury). I also tried to play on but when sidestepping off the bad leg I just collapsed. However, I could still get up and jog off in a straight line - it was turning that was not good. These were different days, late 1980s, I did not bother with the operation offered (through private health insurance) as it would have meant 9 months in plaster and I had a job that involved a lot of travel. After a year I was leading a normal life, no more rugby (also a choice for obvious reasons) but I could still play cricket and enjoy some 5-a-side football.

So don't read anything into Ogbonna's ability to jog off the pitch. If it's a full tear it will end his season. Hopefully it isn't, but only medicals and time will tell.
  • https://talksport.com/football/979085/

Simon Jordan what is the point of this man