Liverpool (h) 4:30pm Sunday 7th November Sky Sports

Comments

• Just seen the footage of the Jota elbow again. It was a definite swing, albeit a subtle one, of the left arm. I can see how Pawson missed it, but VAR should have picked up on it, IMO.
  • Or as Ashley Williams every second rate pundit would put it, we had a game plan and we executed it.

I also hate it when pundits say “INSERTNAME was clever and bought the foul”. To me it encourages diving and play acting to gain any advantage they can.
  • Just seen the footage of the Jota elbow again. It was a definite swing, albeit a subtle one, of the left arm. I can see how Pawson missed it, but VAR should have picked up on it, IMO.

According to the comms, VAR looked at it and deemed nothing wrong.
  • Slept like a baby ,but woke up in a cold sweat ,Had to check the score incase it was just a dream
  • My Liverpool supporting friend tells me that we deserved the win, which was a nice surprise
  • The latest news spreading is that the super league is being resurrected again and is planned for 2024. However it's not certain to go ahead as the organisers have been in touch with Sully and believe unless he commits West Ham it will be unable to go ahead as it would lack all credibility.

An unknown source close to negotiations is quoted as saying

'How could we call it a super league without West Ham United, everyone knows they are the mostest massivest club in world football at present'
  • edited November 2021
    Still buzzing and watching all the videos I can on reactions and analysis =)

One thing I think needs more attention is how we coped with Oggy going off, who as far as we can tell is the number one choice at CB. If the equivalent happened to 'pool with VVD going off I think they would have had a serious problem. He saved them several times and I'm not sure their backup would have done the same. So Dawson, round of applause.
  • Still buzzing and watching all the videos I can on reactions and analysis =)

One thing I think needs more attention is how we coped with Oggy going off, who as far as we can tell is the number one choice at CB. If the equivalent happened to 'pool with VVD going off I think they would have had a serious problem. He saved them several times and I'm not sure their backup would have done the same. So Dawson, round of applause.

If van Dijk had gone off and they had still won then the media would lose their minds with praise. The fact nobody is even talking about it shows how massive we are
  • Speaking of defenders going off. There are two arguments when faced with a Liverpool spouting on like a baby about Creswell should've gone etc. The first is, but look he slipped on the top of the ball there was no intent' the second is less technical and is simply, what difference would it have made?
  • alderz said:

My Liverpool supporting friend tells me that we deserved the win, which was a nice surprise

He also described the Cresswell tackle as “nothing”
  • I know, they do have more balanced fans as well.
  • Copied from KUMB:

If klopp was the genius manager he's touted to be and knew where our danger was, he'd have remembered that nat philips didn't give us a sniff from high balls or set pieces last season.
    Not sure matip won a single header in the box by comparison.

And this reply
    This is a really good point. Everyone though Antonio would boss Nat Phillips before the game last season, and he actually came out of it as MOTM contender. He won everything. Let’s keep it quiet though eh? We don’t want Clippety to read this.
  • Also saw this, which could possibly answer the question I posted earlier.

I guess Fornals was taking the corners on the left to avoid Cresswell being out of position for any subsequent break?
  • I read that we wanted in swingers to put Alisson under pressure so a right footed Fornals taking corners from the left would make sense.
  • Fantastic reading back through all of these comments.
    My moment of the match was when I shouted at Bowen through my TV screen not to run at their midfield as it was too crowded. He then went on to run through their midfield, attract Matip to him and slot a delightful pass to Fornals for our second goal.
    Anyone else got a 'moment of the match' as there were so many?
  • The Zouma goal I was on my knees shouting as the corner came in. That’s probably my moment of the match
  • As we lined up for the corner I turned to my mate a said "it's time for Zouma to score hid first for us"....... and he did. 😎
  • alderz said:

The Zouma goal I was on my knees shouting as the corner came in. That’s probably my moment of the match

I was doing the same, I'd dropped the bottle opener. =)
  • alderz said:

The Zouma goal I was on my knees shouting as the corner came in. That’s probably my moment of the match

I was doing the same, I'd dropped the bottle opener. =)
    Rookie!
  • I loved that slow mo reply of Cresswell & Zouma celebrating the second with the rest of the players in the background going over to the corner flag.
  • Also, & not sure if anybody else notices this, but how good is Cresswell’s first touch?
  • my moment of the match was the final whistle when I could finally breath again without hyperventilating
  • Two moments for me: Zouma’s goal “expletive deleted we’ve got three!!”, second was when Mane missed that header near the end “ Cath ( my wife) he’s only expletive deleted missed it!”

My voice is still shredded tonight.
  • Lukerz said:

I loved that slow mo reply of Cresswell & Zouma celebrating the second with the rest of the players in the background going over to the corner flag.

and that celebration was from a Liverpool born life long supporter... We are totally bonded!
  • Gallagher ref watch on sky... OG was good and Cresswell 'red card' was not one ;) It's nice when the ref agrees (and correct!)

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/12463900/ref-watch-dermot-gallagher-disagrees-with-jurgen-klopp-plus-cristiano-ronaldo-and-arsenal-winner
  • Lukerz said:

I loved that slow mo reply of Cresswell & Zouma celebrating the second with the rest of the players in the background going over to the corner flag.

The two times he pulled it out of the air effortlessly were ridiculous.
  • I don't think I've seen or heard any pundit say the OG should have been disallowed. The Cresswell tackle was about 50/50 as far as i could tell.
  • Having seen it again a few times, the only thing I would say is Cresswell's right leg does come across and almost scissor Henderson. The initial contact is fine, in as much as his left foot does bounce up off the ball, but I'm not sure his right needs to come across as it does.
  • alderz said:

There was a guy two rows in front of me who had turned away during the corner. Maybe he should just do that for entire games in future.