Liverpool (h) 4:30pm Sunday 7th November Sky Sports

Comments

• That was something else. No team scores 3 against Liverpool.
  • And wasn't Antonio called up by Jamaica again?
  • edited November 2021
    Ok, I’ve calmed down a bit and my wife has got me breathing properly again.
    It’s been a long time ( probably’86) since I’ve been so pumped up about our team / club.
    That performance against one of the best teams in the world was absolutely spot on.
    I couldn’t have expected a result and performance like that to finish off a wonderful weekend.

I love my club again.

I
  • Bowen putting himself in the shop window for Klopp? Then again, why would he? After all we're higher than them!
  • From the BBC write up:

"It was a disappointing result for the Reds, but they will at least accept they were beaten by genuine rivals for the top four."

How amazing does that sound.
  • If Antonio hadn't pledged for Jamaica I think Southgate would have made himself look silly playing an out of form Kane yet again.
  • edited November 2021
    And let's not forget the man who made this result possible.
    Ladies and Gentleman, please give a MASSIVE round of applause for the one and only, the legend (in his own head), the predictor without compare, yes you've guessed it
    - LAWRO
    =) =)
  • WEST HAME 3 LIVERPOOL 2 is going to be my new screen saver
  • steve said:

WEST HAME 3 LIVERPOOL 2 is going to be my new screen saver

Steve, you've gone all medieval with your team name. =)
  • bbc report mentions both teams could have been down to 10
  • Any takers for the odd man out........
  • That was a superb second half, all the way until we went 3-1 up & then we decided to settle in & see it through. From the 41st minute until the 74th we really took that game to Liverpool as tactically & responsibly as you can. A little disappointing the first half we didn’t really know how to play with a 1-0 lead so early but that second half was a corker from us. Fantastic from everybody, with special shout outs to Fornals, Bowen, Benrahma, Johnson & Dawson. Cresswell was fantastic second half, but I do feel lucky (in the modern day football context) to remain on the pitch.

COYI
  • You were playing Lukerz? You should have given us a wave hahaha
  • Bet that makes Sir Geoff feel a bit better
  • I can't believe how we are absolutely massive everywhere we go
  • I thought Cresser was excellent - definitely not a red card, he has hardly missed a minute this season and he was end to end all game. Salah probably had his quietest game this year.
  • Think I may re-arrange my end of year review with my Liverpool supporting boss that was booked in for tomorrow....
  • There were a few hairy moments in that second half when Salah was dancing around in the penalty box and our players were crowding him. Honestly amazed that he didn't go down at any point.
  • How I saw it...

Minimal anything for the Allison OG. Ogbonna jumped up, not back, didnt do a thing wrong plus Antonio was in proximity but didnt do much of anything. Perhaps Liverpool expected over protect the goalkeeper to kick in with the officials?

Early goal set us back to ultra defensive but we restricted them to barely nothing until they scored.

Salah fell over for the freekick!

TAA goal was too good but compared to other times theyve played, nobody else has kept them down to so few clear chances IMO

Cresswells challenge was clumsy, no intent at all and his follow through was only that high because his foot bounced off the ball

When they scored it sort of freed us again for the rest of the half to attack more

Second half, it was clear we felt more freer to keep the ball better and counter well. Had a purple patch for the 2 goals and VVD was basically the only thing between us and scoring more

Nearly broke my bed when Zouma scored, then hid behind it after Origi got their second!

In the old days we'd be 12 points from safety :)

Lastly, if Liverpool beat Arsenal, it'll be nice to have a bit of a cushion (for any potential sticky part of the season)

I had a great day (sold a designer table for a healthy profit) and its only just past noon!
  • edited November 2021
    Bazshuayi said:

How I saw it...

Lastly, if Liverpool beat Arsenal, it'll be nice to have a bit of a cushion (for any potential sticky part of the season)

I think a draw might suit us better, take points off both of them ⚒️⚒️⚒️
  • I guess personally, any opportunity to keep Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd down is good with me ;)
  • Just back from game via pub 🍺 thought we dug deep not seen the elbow on ogbonna but he did n,t look happy think Jota got away with one there seems elbowing West Ham playing is not an offence anymore after villa game as well. Thought we sat back too much in first half but second half thought we were fantastic worked the breaks well , Johnson has another good game I though Liverpool we’re targeting him a bit but he stood up to it. Antonio was n,t great we could have done with another body closing down as Antonio looked knackered and off it today. Overall a happy hammer tonight ⚒
  • edited November 2021
    Baz I think for the first goal Allison was more intent on shoving Antonio as most goalies have their arms in the air ready for the corner.
    As for Cress it was a bit high but I think what was in his favour was that he was only about a yard from him when he went for the ball and his foot did just ride up the ball.
  • Also Klopp moaning about decisions is classic big club tactic Ferguson used to do it ignore the 8/10 decisions that go in their favour and moan about the two that did n,t . He came across as a bad loser Salah dived to win a free kick they scored from and jota could have seen red but neither mentioned by media. Also they moved the ball back at the free kick to get a better distance which ref did n.t pick up on, still they lost and we are massive 🤣
  • I don't think Jota's "elbow" was even a yellow, but what bothers me is that they showed one replay. Our player was bleeding from above the eye and they showed one replay. For Cresswell's challenge (which was also never a red for me, legs were a little wild but there was no force) and the first goal they showed 10+ replays for each.
  • edited November 2021
    Many teams this season haven’t been able to live with Liverpool. I can hardly remember when their much lauded forward line, incl Salah, were kept so quiet. The whole team defended brilliantly.

Everyone, fans and staff/players at West Ham seems so happy to be there. Long may it continue.

COYI. ⚒⚒⚒
  • I can't wait for MOTD and watch it again in a chilled out mood
  • yoyo said:

I can't wait for MOTD and watch it again in a chilled out mood

I hope Lawrenson is on tonight. Would round up the day quite nicely.
  • Fornals my MOTM, he really seems to just get better and better.
  • Cheers MOTD, double focus on the Cresswell challenge that could have gone either way, opposition player was fine and played the full 90, and IMO was not a red. And no show of the Jota challenge that also could have gone either way, and resulted in the player being injured enough to be subbed straight away.