The "I know its only September but..." transfer thread

Comments

• I think Tarkowski & Lingard are actually the hardest deals to complete. I think both players will be content to see out their deals for another few months & I also don’t see either club rushing to sell them. Burnley’s view will be they’d rather take the hit on Tarkowski going for free if it means staying up.

Those are tough deals to do, IMO.
  • Still struggle to get my head around talking about clubs not letting their players go so we’re unlikely to get them due to their relegation fears. For so many years we’ve talked about our desperation to get players in due to our relegation fears.
  • Lingard ain't gonna be selected for the World Cup if he doesn't get playing. New MU manager does not seem to be keen to play him regularly. I can't see Lingard wanting to warm the bench until his contract is up.
  • He would have moved in the Summer if he believed that. He will be at Man U until he gets moved out or if Newcastle drop a shed load of money on him.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lingard ain't gonna be selected for the World Cup if he doesn't get playing. New MU manager does not seem to be keen to play him regularly. I can't see Lingard wanting to warm the bench until his contract is up.

I can’t see him going either way, tbh
  • Lingard likely knows that even if he moves he probably won't get a spot in the England team, he was arguably the outstanding player the 2nd half of last season of all English players and still couldn't break in

But he will also know that leaving on a free probably gives him a bigger wage package and for him and his agent a bigger signing on fee as there won't be a fee going to United
  • edited December 2021
    Ex says we are interested in Maitland-Niles on loan.

Randolph, Frederick, Masuaku & Yarmolenko can leave in January.

Two German CBs we are interested in; Sule (Bayern Munich) & Ginter of Monchengladbach.
  • Can’t see Arsenal loaning us a player when we’re right next to each other in the table.
  • He's a right sided player?
  • Lukerz said:

Ex says we are interested in Maitland-Niles on loan.

Randolph, Frederick, Masuaku & Yarmolenko can leave in January.

Two German CBs we are interested in; Sule (Bayern Munich) & Ginter of Monchengladbach.

Sule is a beast *cough* on football manager *cough*
  • Can’t see Arsenal loaning us a player when we’re right next to each other in the table.

I thought this too but then thought Arsenal would say ‘but West Ham are massive?’
  • If we are able to get an Arsenal player I’d rather get Eddie Nketiah tbh
  • According to Ex, we’re open to offers for Randolph, Yarmolenko, Masuaku and Fredericks. None of which would be bad to lose, but Masuaku would DEFINITELY need replacing.
  • Agreed. Randolph and Fredericks are both, at best, 3rd choices. Yarmolenko could be replaced in the squad by a member of the ticket office for what he offers but given Masuaku's pitch time lately, he'll definitely need replacing if he goes.

I don't actually think he will, but even if he doesn't, we still need a left back, IMO. If Cresswell is still in pain, he could still be some way off. Neither Masuaku or Johnson fill me with confidence at LB.
  • Claret & Hugh reporting that Zouma is already back training on grass (he decided against surgery) & he is due back by the end of January.
  • 🤔 The very fact that surgery was an option makes me worry that he's coming back too soon. I would have thought the alternative to surgery is prolonged rest. Being back on the grass already makes me a little nervous that he'll be rushed back.
  • MrsGrey said:

Lingard ain't gonna be selected for the World Cup if he doesn't get playing. New MU manager does not seem to be keen to play him regularly. I can't see Lingard wanting to warm the bench until his contract is up.

Not sure when the squad needs to be finalised, but is there not a chance of him playing himself into the squad next season as it’s a winter World Cup?
  • edited December 2021

🤔 The very fact that surgery was an option makes me worry that he's coming back too soon. I would have thought the alternative to surgery is prolonged rest. Being back on the grass already makes me a little nervous that he'll be rushed back.

Surgery is always an option. Those surgeons love to get the knives out....

The alternative to surgery is deciding that the injury isn't one that needs surgery...
  • Lukerz said:

Claret & Hugh reporting that Zouma is already back training on grass (he decided against surgery) & he is due back by the end of January.

Perhaps he should lay off the grass and use another alternative remedy
  • Its THG free grass, he'll be ok.
  • MrsGrey said:

🤔 The very fact that surgery was an option makes me worry that he's coming back too soon. I would have thought the alternative to surgery is prolonged rest. Being back on the grass already makes me a little nervous that he'll be rushed back.

Surgery is always an option. Those surgeons love to get the knives out....

The alternative to surgery is deciding that the injury isn't one that needs surgery...
    But is that the player's decision or the club's? If medical professionals believe surgery is an option, then that suggests to me that something needs fixing. And if not by surgery, then by the body's natural healing process. Maybe Zouma's had enough time out for the latter, but I'd be worried that we're just delaying the inevitable at the risk of a bigger injury.

In fact, isn't that what happened with Masuaku? 🤔 He/we elected against surgery on his knee a couple of years ago, only for him to play in pain for two years before having to have "career-saving surgery" this time last year.
  • MrsGrey said:

I think money is the reason for Lingard's stay at MAN U. WHU could not match it for the season without upsetting other players. If it was the desire to play then he would have left long ago.
  • edited December 2021
    If surgery is an option , then by definition not-surgery is an option.
    Totally equal.

It's always the patient's decision, because both options have risks and benefits. They choose, after talking it through with the medical staff and anyone else whose opinion or support they value. And then it might be ok, or it might not be. See Chilwell, as a case in point just this week. A choice made... A few weeks later, once more info is available, a rethink. ( 5 weeks lost, in effect, by opting for a not-surgery-straight-away route.)

Nothing sinister.

I genuinely don't believe a club would try to force a player to a medical decision that they knew was against the player's best interests.

It just wouldn't benefit the club.

• Any transfer rumours?? Surely someone must have heard from their butcher whose brother delivers milk to David Moyes's house that he overheard a conversation saying we are buying a Canadian striker from France. =)
  • Breaking News.

I transferred myself from downstairs to upstairs via the kitchen, for a cup tea. I went for a nominal fee and 3 digestives.
  • Someone overpaid. 😂
  • You're right, I only deserved 2 😆
  • edited December 2021
    Lloyd Kelly (LCB, plays for Bournemouth, Telegraph) & Tosin Adarabioyo (CB, Fulham) both reported. C&H say Tarkowski is too expensive given his contract situation.
  • Any transfer rumours?? Surely someone must have heard from their butcher whose brother delivers milk to David Moyes's house that he overheard a conversation saying we are buying a Canadian striker from France. =)

OCS is your man mate.

This discussion has been closed.