Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Appearing on a Sky TV screen near you soon.
    Very much par for the course for Mourinho, fail in your job, get massive pay off , sit at home for a bit laughing your head off, do a highly paid gig for Sky until the whole cycle begins again.
  • SO true
  • I think he would be a good pundit actually, when the pressure is off he has a sense of mischief about him that could bring a bit of life to it all. Sack Carraghar and let Mourinho rufffle a few feathers in the studio.
  • All of the crazy other news has detracted from the most significant football news of the week, IMO. We've got our first ever Premier League manager born in the 1990s
  • Mourinho sacking makes a bit more sense now. Sounds like he really destroyed his relationship with the players. I hope this is him done as a top manager, I’m sick of having to hear him. https://theathletic.com/2525352/2021/04/19/he-sucked-the-culture-out-of-the-club-the-inside-story-of-jose-mourinhos-downfall-at-tottenham-hotspur/?source=user_shared_article
  • edited April 2021

Mourinho sacking makes a bit more sense now. Sounds like he really destroyed his relationship with the players. I hope this is him done as a top manager, I’m sick of having to hear him. https://theathletic.com/2525352/2021/04/19/he-sucked-the-culture-out-of-the-club-the-inside-story-of-jose-mourinhos-downfall-at-tottenham-hotspur/?source=user_shared_article

should have kept him on to finish the job :P #spudsdeserveit
  • I will miss him .Always good entertainment
  • But that would appear to be how he operates. His time at Spurs is no different to his time at ManU, dull football, scapegoat players etc.
  • IronHerb said:

But that would appear to be how he operates. His time at Spurs is no different to his time at ManU, dull football, scapegoat players etc.

Yes, I just haven't seen an article before that has gone so deep into the level of instability he created and how badly he was disliked. Only Harry Kane supported him by the end.
  • edited April 2021
    When he was at Chelsea He once bought my niece a massive expensive Easter egg. She went to school with his son or daughter near Cobham. I'm not a lover of the bloke but my niece said he was very nice. Maybe he's just a bore in a professional capacity,? If so then He's very good at it!
  • yoyo said:

When he was at Chelsea He once bought my niece a massive expensive Easter egg. She went to school with his son or daughter near Cobham. I'm not a lover of the bloke but my niece said he was very nice. Maybe he's just a bore in a professional capacity,? If so then He's very good at it!

I think this is why it’s important to remember that what we see of people in the public eye is not always completely representative of them as people. It’s always wrong to say “I hate so and so” because we don’t know so and so, really. I don’t like the way he behaves in a footballing capacity, and I would rather he never appears on my screen again :)
  • I'll miss David Squires' Emo Mourinho

• Love what Squires did with Mourinho. There was a brilliant frame something along the lines of 'deflect, distract, confuse' (last word wasn't that. I'll google it...
  • It sounds like Chris Powell is as much in charge as Mason.
  • Oh no, Spurs first choice of manager has got a new job elsewhere 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Don't worry, he won't be their first choice when the fifth in line accepts.😂
  • Only fifth lol
  • So Roma have become the next team still hoping the Mourinho from the Porto, Chelsea and Madrid years remains. Sadly he seems on the decline as a top manager. I think tactics too negative and man management too divisive at times, see Gareth Bale.
  • His negative tactics may pay off in Italy, I don't know as I don't watch their football. To me he's like a fading pop star. Still telling everyone he was the world's best but fading away and becoming a bore. He needs to change tact and reinvent himself. I can't see that he'll get a job back her anytime soon but Italy may be good for him. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see him do well there.
  • Just glad to see the back of him. Can’t stomach the man.
  • The Mick Jagger of football....still write the same old songs, just not as good (Randy Newman 'I'm Dead') seems to fit
  • Up until a few days ago various Italian sources were predicting that Maurizio Sarri would get the Roma job but instead Mourihno got the gig. Does anyone else suspect that The Special One was having talks with Roma before he got the boot at Spurs?

Now the rumours are that Sarri has been approached by Arsenal to replace Arteta.
  • Sarri at Arsenal? Excellent news for us...
  • Nuno for Spurs?
  • That's what I was thinking
  • I worry that might actually make them quite a bit better.
  • I like Nuno a lot, and if he goes to Spurs I will not like him as much, so I hope he factors that into his decision making.
  • I’d read that Lampard was going cold on the Palace job - I wonder if he might end up at Wolves?
  • Can't believe Lampard would go to a club with little money like Palace.
  • Round and round we go where they end up nobody knows
This discussion has been closed.