Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Part of me thinks the owners will want him to go so they have an excuse to pursue Rafa.

Pellers part II .................. I'd much rather keep The Moysiah
  • Still no sign of any white smoke coming from the London Stadium?
  • Why is it taking so long ,just get it done already ,Then perhaps we can get on with transfers who moyes wants
  • DM is believed to be in Scotland at the moment but the way this is being done is exactly the process we all have to go through when we are waiting for a new player to sign.
  • Is he signing Edouard from Celtic? 😂
  • No he's signing Nessie from the Loch.
  • Attacking midfielder?
  • No he's signing Nessie from the Loch.

Attacking midfielder?

Bit of a monster apparently =)
  • Expat, You are really sticking your neck out with that comment.
  • Careful, I may get the hump(s)
  • So this is what its come to lame jokes =)
  • So, it appears Conte has back tracked on going to Tottenham because of their lack of desire and funds. Tottenham say it's because he didn't want to peruse bringing on youth. First of all, the youth has to be good enough. If they are ,then Levy is right getting the hump. If they're not ( and I don't know how Conte would be ecpected to know either way ) then Conte is right and deserves a decent budget as incoming manager. Is obviously not that easy employing a new manager. Anyway, BFS is available
  • Conte tends to work with quite big budgets though, doesn’t he? Bought all the Premier League’s struggling 30+ year olds for big fees to win his Inter title. Sullivan would love him.
  • I guess it depends what Levy's expectations were, all very good to bring along youth as long as he is not expecting Champions league football to be delivered.

I imagine Moyes will be having similar conversations regard investment and expectation. You could say to Sully that if he is just happy to have got into Europe and to treat it as an adventure then we can do that but if he wants to have a proper go at it we will need a budget that reflects that aspiration.

You do need owners that are wealthy enough and willing enough to gamble a bit in football, not risk the club but take a punt. It's like some promoted clubs when you see that they are just happy to have made it but essentially hope to preserve themselves in the Premiership with a Championship side.
  • I was always meh regarding Conte. Now I quite like him. Maybe he actually will go to Everton now
  • At this rate Ryan Mason will still be manager next season 😁
  • Big Sam's also available.....
  • Lets all laugh at spurs =)
  • We'll have plenty of opportunity to laugh at Spurs next season

- when they start the season without a new manager
    - when Kane scores against them
    - when they get knocked out of the Europa Conference by Racing Luxembourg
  • I can confidently predict that Big Sam will not start the season as Spurs manager, however he could very well be come Christmas.
  • I can confidently predict that Big Sam will not start the season as Spurs manager, however he could very well be come Christmas.

They could and hopefully will do far worse 🙏
  • A little 70 year old woman walking out of the supermarket just now with 8 bags of shopping and a 24 pack of water.
    I asked, “Can you manage?”.
    She said, “I can son, but I don’t want the Spurs job”.
  • Nuno to Palace? Good appointment for them?
    Galtier (not Jean Paul unfortunately) to Everton? Good appointment for them?

Is there an echo in here? Why didnt I copy/paste 'good appointment for them'?
  • Potter to Everton anyone?
  • I'd love Jean Paul Gaultier to Everton simply for the adverts
  • Why would Nuno go to palace,Should have stayed at wolves makes no sence ,
  • Said 'mutual' when Nun departed. Maybe it was them wanting him gone more than implied? The choice of Wolves or Palace? Who here would choose the latter? I'll wait :)
  • I assume Nuno won’t be able to keep getting all the Portuguese talent unless it was purely about his own pull and scouting that got those players. It will be interesting to see how he does without them. He already has really good attacking players at Palace though, so it’s a decent base. They could be interesting next season.

Thought he would’ve been perfect for Arsenal. He’s a bit like Arteta in style but better
  • With Eze having a long term injury, a massive amount of players contracts up and Zaha (again) pushing to leave, I do believe it'll be an 'interesting' season for Palace. And by interesting, I mean a battle for survival or a relegation
  • Bazshuayi said:

With Eze having a long term injury, a massive amount of players contracts up and Zaha (again) pushing to leave, I do believe it'll be an 'interesting' season for Palace. And by interesting, I mean a battle for survival or a relegation

Here’s hoping 👍🏻
This discussion has been closed.