The Next Transfer Window

Comments

• West Ham manager David Moyes has revived his interest in Chelsea and England midfielder Ross Barkley, 26. The Blues rejected the Hammers' approach for a loan deal in January. (Mirror)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip
  • I hate Guendouzi with a passion.
  • Rumours that Guendouzi's up for sale. Think he might work for us. Some energy in midfield.

No chance that either he'd come to us or we that could afford him.
  • I can only see Chelsea letting Barkley come here if Rice goes the other way
  • Rumours that Guendouzi's up for sale. Think he might work for us. Some energy in midfield.

No chance that either he'd come to us or we that could afford him.
    You think so? He's still young and though he started well hasn't completely proven himself. I don't think he'll be that in demand or very expensive. I've heard it's his temper that Arteta doesn't like but I think we could do with that.
  • IronHerb said:

I hate Guendouzi with a passion.

Same here with Barkley.
  • Guendouzi? I don't think we're that desperate, are we?
  • IMO no to both Guendouzi and Barkley..Have liked the performances so far of Bowen, another up an coming championship player hungry to impress for me rather than either of those 2 mentioned.. IMO of course!
  • I found it interesting that Mr Moyes when asked about Yarmo said that he has been unavailable alot of the time & Bowen was brought in January & plays in the same position as him so it was good to have competition for places. I wonder what the plans are for the transfer window & if we will keep most of our main players with not many new additions, if you count Soucek as one we already have, trying not to get ahead of myself as we still need to stay up for him to join us!
  • IMO no to both Guendouzi and Barkley..Have liked the performances so far of Bowen, another up an coming championship player hungry to impress for me rather than either of those 2 mentioned.. IMO of course!

Interesting
  • Dont worry about Barkley ,Am sure he thinks he is to good for us ,
  • That plus neither will be cheap

Chelsea manage to sell players for a lot of money and Arsenal needs funds to strengthen, they wont be letting him go for peanuts
  • edited July 2020
    Claret & Hugh and The Sun have linked us with 22yo Wigan LB Antonee Robinson (7 full caps for the USA but born in Milton Keynes) who should be going cheap now that Wigan have gone into administration.

A £6m deadline day move to AC Milan in January was stopped when "an irregular heart rhythm" was detected during his medical but he underwent treatment in March.

• He should fit in well, my heart skips a beat every time a team runs at us!
  • West Ham have joined Everton, Manchester United and Southampton in showing an interest in Real Valladolid and Ghana defender Mohammed Salisu, 21. (Mail on Sunday)
  • Biggest move for us immediately would be to tie up Souceks loan

The sounds he has made so far seem to assume that he wants to stay and I think hes been fantastic, exactly the type of midfielder we've been missing since Kouyate, a player who makes up the yard and can make an influence both ends of the pitch....plus hes only 25
  • WHU I understand there is already a deal in place to sign Soucek it just depends on us staying up.
  • WHU I understand there is already a deal in place to sign Soucek it just depends on us staying up.

Yes, we have the option make it permanent between £13mil to £17mil (from reports)

No guarantee after COVID that we can afford at....but we need to somehow
  • It’s a done deal should we stay up.

He’s basically all but signed, unless we go down & it breaks the agreement.
  • MONCHENGLADBACH IN FOR NGAKIA?

Jeremy Ngakia has interest from Borussia Monchengladbach in the Bundesliga after running his contract down at West Ham, according to the Daily Telegraph.

The 19-year-old English full-back made five appearances for West Ham in the Premier League this season.
  • Wonder why Ngakia didn’t just sign an extension until the end of the season & then go?

Seems nowhere lined up imminently. Could have put himself in the shop window more.
  • Lukerz, injury fear maybe ?
  • Maybe he wasn't offered an extension.
  • Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has targeted West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, 21, as a potential centre-back for his side. (Times - subscription required)
  • DECLAN RICE IN DEFENCE?

Chelsea have identified West Ham midfielder Declan Rice as a possible defensive reinforcement, according to The Times.

Frank Lampard is keen to strengthen his defensive options at Stamford Bridge this summer and believes Rice, who came through the ranks at West Ham as a centre-back, could fit the bill.

Rice is under contract at the London Stadium until the summer of 2024 and the Hammers have no intention of losing the 21-year-old, although the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic could force them to sell players.
  • I don't understand why Coronavirus would have a greater financial impact on us than on Chelsea or any other team

And would Rice want to play at CB when he's clearly better suited to playing in midfield?
  • Chelsea's owner is wealthier than ours for a start.
  • Chelsea had a transfer ban last year, where they got £130mil for Hazard and £50mil for Morata with only Kovacic coming in £40mil as he was on loan

Plus they have such a huge squad (and no incentive to sell) so they can get good fees for their loan army players, many of whom have never even played for them...they just got €15mil for Pasalic who was bought by Atlanta, never even heard of him

That plus they have top 4 revenues and a billionaire owner who hasnt really gone all in for a while
  • edited July 2020
    The beauty of Rice, is that he is not going to demand a move. Both he & us know that his day will come. He’s only 21. Whether that day is this summer or in 2 years, his day will come.

We can demand massive money if they want him this summer. If they don’t offer it, we say ‘thanks but no thanks’ & keep him a while longer.
  • The Daily Mail reckon we want £70m plus for Rice but Chelsea might not be prepared to pay that and Lampard might offer Fikayo Tomori on loan as part of the deal.

Why would we want a CB who has been kept out of the squad by Rudiger in exchange for the best young DM in the country?
This discussion has been closed.