Home to Spurs - Saturday 23rd November 12.30pm

Comments

• Poor as Roberto is, I thought the ironic cheers he received from his own fans was a but muggy. Support your own.
  • Snoddy has the work rate of a normal midfielder in a well managed club, he just looks hard working in the current West Ham shirt!

Antonio is always immense. He is the God of Immenseness.

Biggest positive is Antonio will start against Chelsea.
  • How poor, productivity wise, has Anderson been this season.
  • Just how bad have we become though, not trying to go on about Pelle, ok well let's do it.
    Anderson looks like a fraction of how he played last season.
    Masuaku can't even get in the squad.
    What player has Pelle improved?, not 1 IMO.
    These as well as others are signs that there are massive issues at the club, most we aren't privy to.
    I sadly feel that our manager has lost the players faith, let's face it playing our " so called Cup Final " today our 1st half resembled a pre season match against god knows who.
    There is no fight, no spirit , nothing.
    We cannot rely on Antonio Or wait for Fab to change our fortunes, things need changing & again of course IMO they need changing now.
  • He's terrible. Lanzini gets pelters and rightly so but because Anderson cost a fortune it's not allowed on Twitter.
  • edited November 2019
    Mikhail's goal was the pick of the 5. After receiving the ball with his back to goal in a tight position he made his own space for a shot and finished superbly. That is the kind of thing I was hoping for from Haller. Antonio head and shoulders above the rest. Noble did his thing, played well but the rest of them...the defence allowed Son all kinds of chances and gave Roberto no chance. I should except Declan from that has he made some telling interceptions/tackles. Snodders never gives up so top marks but that is it oh and Ogbonna wasn't to blame and even scored so...
    Antonio, Noble Rice, Snodgrass and Ogbonna did their job. The rest were poor.
  • I thought Sanchez did quite well.

He really didn't have that much to do as Spurs were defending their lead and trying to catch us on the counter attack. Bringing him on when he is supposed to be hopefully leaving us in January made no sense when we could have brought on Balbuena.
  • Papering over cracks or not, I was still pleased to see us really try and get back into the game during the last 15mins.

Please do not think I have lost the plot as the first 60mins were poor and Imo, at least two of their goals were savable but there have been games when at 3-0 down we would have totally given up.

• chicagohammer,

I thought it was more a case of Spurs defending deep and inviting pressure.
  • Chicago sadly it was Spurs who gave up though ;)
  • Antonio oh oh :quaver:

:bowdown:
  • Pelle apparently was heartened by our continuing right to the end. He thought for the first 25 minutes or so it was even. Was he even there for the first half.
  • Lost the plot. We are wasting games with him in charge. It's inevitable that he'll go at some point.
  • Don’t wait for the Chelsea defeat, sully

Time for a change and now
  • We desperately need Southampton, Watford and Norwich to keep losing
  • Playing slightly better when the game is already long lost is never a big deal in any sport
  • edited November 2019

Poor as Roberto is, I thought the ironic cheers he received from his own fans was a but muggy. Support your own.

Have to agree, the blame lies firmly who saw fit to sign him.
    Sadly though if supporting our own means sticking up for Pelle, sorry...!!
  • Maybe they meant to sign a different Roberto :hmm:
  • What's clear, but it should have been before today, is that he can't possibly play the next match as his confidence is shot to bits. He may retire after he leaves us now but if not he needs some time out to recover. He will know himself that he has cost the team and that will effect his confidence, even before getting cheered by his own fans, and a player cant play at that level without a degree of confidence, especially a keeper.
  • Norwich and Saints both winning so gett8ng closer to us.
  • So far all PL games are away wins
  • Great init. Looking out for other games in our relegation battle. #nextlevel
  • but there have been games when at 3-0 down we would have totally given up.

I don’t agree with this

We actually only wake up a bit when we are behind - often irretrievably so. Lots of times

And often this is because the opposition has taken their foot off the gas, delighted that they have faced opposition which is such a pushover
  • Can we please play Reid and Antonio from the start next week :pray:
  • edited November 2019
    Roberto is receiving pelters from pretty much all quarters now. From a human being perspective it must be affecting him mentally and he is possibly in not a great place as a result. As poorly as he has performed he doesn’t deserve this. It’s not his fault he is falling short of what is needed. It is his manager’s fault for not taking him out of the firing line a lot sooner.
  • Roberto is receiving pelters from pretty much all quarters now. From a human being perspective it must be affecting him mentally and he is possibly in not a great place as a result. As poorly as he has performed he doesn’t deserve this. It’s not his fault he is falling short of what is needed. It is his manager’s fault for not taking him out of the firing line a lot sooner.

Correct the man in charge
    Your as good as the last person you employed,,, take ownership,, go
  • edited November 2019
    Roberto is not a very good 'keeper. And that's being kind. I mean, I've just seen the first goal and in all honesty I think most of the players in my 5-a-side group would have saved it.

And Rice's reaction smacked of frustration at yet another goal being gifted to the opposition, which suggests to me that the other players have zero confidence in him.

But yeah, it's not actually his fault, is it. I mean, he's been error-prone from his first game (four conceded against Oxford should have been a clue) and after the Newcastle game he shouldn't have been anywhere near the starting line up, but Pellegrini is stubbornly refusing to see what the rest of the football world has realised.

I actually feel sorry for Roberto. I would honestly expect a decent manager - or person, for that matter - to take him out of the firing line.
  • Also, what's going on with Masuaku? :hmm:

Given a huge 5 year contract which suggests he's viewed as first choice left back, but regularly doesn't even make the match day squad. It can't be a fitness thing because he's turning out for DR Congo, so are there disciplinary issues? Or does Pellegrini not fancy him? If the latter, whose decision was it to give him such a long (and presumably more lucrative) contract?

All a bit odd, IMO.
  • Some may disagree but we are basically in a similar boat to where Leicester and Chelsea have been recently. A group of players (who are clearly largely responsible for their abysmal performance levels as a collective) cannot respond to their manager’s wishes. There is only ever one solution and that is the manager has to make way. That same group of players need to take direction from someone else
  • If there’s players that cannot respond to the managers wishes in our club then they shouldn’t be in there in the first place and it’s them that should be gone imo
This discussion has been closed.